    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2011

      Tuesday, October 4 2011 Issue #3595

      Our w-o.it URL short service is currently down so if you try to click on any
      links it will not work. We're looking into it...

      Just FYI - "regular" service of newsletter and news on the site will resume
      next Tuesday. The site is still being updated (although late) and the
      newsletter is skipping a bit these past couple of weeks but considering
      where I am, the time and other commitments I can't do much more.

      > JEFF HARDY CHECKS HIMSELF INTO JAIL
      - Former TNA and WWE champion Jeff Hardy checked himself into jail this week
      according to TMZ to start a 10 day sentence stemming from his 2009 arrest.
      After a deal with prosecutors was reached, Hardy agreed to plead guilty to
      only two counts and get 10 days in jail, a $100,000 fine and 30 months
      probation. His case dragged for a couple of years until it was finally
      closed last month. You can check out his new mug shot at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/TNA/Jeff_Hardy_checks_himself_into_jail
      _to_start_10_day_sentence.shtml

      > NXT MOVED TO WEDNESDAYS
      - NXT Redemption is moving to Wednesdays on WWE.COM instead of the current
      Tuesday time slot starting with this week. The show will be streamed at 4PM
      EST. NXT moved to WWE.COM in October of last year in a deal that saw the
      show off SyFy to bring in Smackdown to the cable network. NXT aired on SyFy
      for seven months before getting canned, however it still airs on television
      internationally.

      > GREAT KHALI ON HIS WAY OUT
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that the reason WWE decided to play the injury
      angle with The Great Khali last Friday on Smackdown is because he is not set
      to sign a new WWE contract. The WWE.COM story which was posted online said
      that Khali suffered a "fractured fibula" after Henry attacked the former
      World champion, playing off the same storyline that they did with both Big
      Show and Kane. Kane and Big Show have been out for a couple of months and on
      RAW they announced that Show would be returning at the Smackdown this week.

      > CLASSIC IC TITLE BACK ON TV
      - The "classic" look of the Intercontinental title - made famous by the
      likes of Macho Man Randy Savage, the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Mr
      Perfect, Shawn Michaels, and others - made its triumphant return on WWE
      television during Sunday's Hell In A Cell pay-per-view. In 1998 - twelve
      years after making its debut - the Intercontinental title had a face lift
      with The Rock carrying it for the first time and the old title was retired.
      Originally designed by the folks at J-Mar, Cody Rhodes brought the title
      back to life, and "bagging" the most recent one. How long will it stick?
      Well that remains to be seen...

      > WHITE EXPLAINS THE WHOLE KURT ANGLE SAGA
      - Speaking to MMAWeekly.com, UFC President Dana White touched the subject of
      Kurt Angle, who a couple of months back claimed that he was close to signing
      a deal with UFC but it didn't work out because White wanted him in the cage
      ASAP. White said that he liked Kurt and he thinks he's a good guy but after
      Angle called him to fight in the UFC, White offered him a spot on The
      Ultimate Fighter, the same season when Kimbo Slice was on. "He wanted to do
      it, we worked out a deal, he didn't pass the medicals," said White. "What do
      you mean he didn't pass the medicals," the reporter asked. "That's it.
      That's all I'm saying," White said, who chose his words carefully before
      speaking. White said he never offered him a PPV deal or a fight against
      Slice as Angle said. "Kurt, you're a good guy, but that's not true, that
      never happened" said White. You can see the interview with White at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/MMA/Dana_White_says_Kurt_Angle_failed_m
      edical_to_go_on_TUF.shtml