    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 1:20 PM

      Saturday, September 3 2011 Issue #3577

      Nothing much going on during this holiday weekend. Back tomorrow or Monday.

      > DEL RIO RETURNS AFTER SORTING VISA ISSUES
      - Alberto Del Rio finally got his U.S. visa sorted out and returned to the
      ring yesterday during the RAW live event in Puerto Rico following a week of
      unplanned absence. The WWE champion wrestled CM Punk in the main event and
      successfully defended the title but then had to wrestle John Cena afterward,
      a match which ended in a DQ in favor of Cena. The popular Punk made another
      appearance at the end of that match after Ricardo Rodriguez interfered with
      a chair. Punk ran around the ring with the Puerto Rican flag before heading
      backstage to close the show. You can see a video of both Del Rio and Punk's
      entrances as well as Punk with the flag at http://w-o.it/pZvgx9

      > SIN CARA VS SIN CARA FEUD IN THE WORKS
      - The man who appeared under the Sin Cara mask for the past few shows on TV
      has been FCW talent Hunico, who took over the mask and gimmick when the
      original Sin Cara was busted in his first Wellness Program test fail. After
      the original one - portrayed by Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde - was sent again
      home, Hunico regained the mask and during the live Smackdown this week
      turned heel by kicking Daniel Bryan after the match. Several sources are now
      reporting that the original Sin Cara is being brought back to feud with
      Hunico with the plan being both of them portraying the same character
      leading up to a Sin Cara vs....Sin Cara match.

      > SANTINO MARELLA IN CAR ACCIDENT
      - WWE.COM is reporting that Santino Marella was involved in a car accident
      Thursday night in Toronto and suffered a separated left shoulder as a result
      of the collision. Another vehicle hit Marella's car, flipping him sideways
      and into a light pole. The airbags deployed upon impact and the car
      sustained significant damage. "There was broken glass everywhere, and I
      tried to open the passenger door, but it was stuck," Marella said.
      "Luckily, there was still power in the car. I opened the sunroof and crawled
      out."

      > STING VS FLAIR ON 9/15 IMPACT
      - They were the ones who wrestled the last match on the last ever WCW Monday
      Nitro back in 2001 and now over ten years later, Ric Flair and Sting will
      meet once again in a TNA Wrestling ring. Instead of promoting the match for
      a pay-per-view, the powers that be have decided to bump the match to an
      edition of IMPACT Wrestling, with the match being taped on September 12 and
      to air on the show on Thursday of that week on September 15. If Sting wins
      his match he will get a match against Hulk Hogan while if Ric Flair wins the
      match Sting has to leave the company.

      > JARRETT SAYS TNA IN TRANSITION PERIOD OVER BRAND NAME
      - In a recent interview with Cleveland-based WOIO-TV, TNA co-founder Jeff
      Jarrett said that the company is currently in a transition period when it
      comes to the name, with both TNA and IMPACT Wrestling being used to refer to
      the wrestling organization. His comments somewhat suggest that eventually
      they will be moving away from the name TNA and start using the IMPACT name
      only. The name IMPACT Wrestling was launched during the May 3, 2011 edition
      of the company's flagship show, renaming their Thursday broadcast from TNA
      iMPACT!. The name carries the tagline of "Where Wrestling Matters." TNA also
      redirected all traffic from their tnawrestling.com website to
      impactwrestling.com.