    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 12:57 PM

      Tuesday, August 30 2011 Issue #3575

      If you tried accessing the Jeff Hardy speech on the site yesterday and the
      video didn't play, it is working now. For some reason the filename got
      changed and was pointing towards the wrong video file. The video is at
      http://w-o.it/qXIRvB . Meanwhile, the Smackdown off air footage with Bret
      Hart which was in the newsletter over the weekend can now be seen at
      http://w-o.it/pyFfhi

      What do you think of the decision to end the brand split for television
      shows? Do you agree? Join us in the discussion about the subject on our
      Facebook page at
      http://www.facebook.com/wrestlingonline/posts/10150374098015649

      > THREE MATCHES ANNOUNCED FOR TONIGHT'S LIVE SMACKDOWN
      - Smackdown will be airing live tonight on SyFy instead of this Friday,
      although a replay of the show will still air in the same time slot on
      September 2. Three matches have been announced so far for the show including
      the cage match main event between Randy Orton and Christian for the World
      Heavyweight title, John Cena vs Wade Barrett and CM Punk vs The Great Khali.
      The Sin Cara vs Alberto Del Rio match has been canceled as Del Rio is still
      in Mexico working to get his U.S. visa sorted out. Tonight's Super Smackdown
      will also be airing live in the United Kingdom on Sky Sports 3 at 1AM local
      time.

      > RAW, SMACKDOWN SUPERSTARS ON SAME SHOW
      - The brand split as we know it - at least for television shows - is
      apparently over as Triple H announced on Monday Night RAW that Smackdown
      Superstars will be appearing on RAW every week and although not announced,
      most likely vice versa as well. WWE is marketing RAW now as "RAW Super Show"
      with the logo of RAW and Super Show written in Smackdown font and color. So
      far when it comes to live non-televised events there will still be two
      brands touring which obviously increases revenue rather than having one
      group on tour.

      > NASH VS PUNK DROPPED FOR PUNK VS HHH
      - A match for Night of Champions was announced on RAW and then changed at
      the end of the broadcast leaving Kevin Nash with the short end of the stick.
      During the opening promo, Triple H granted both Punk's and Nash's wishes by
      making their match official for the upcoming Night of Champions
      pay-per-view. However when the show was about to go off the air, another
      segment aired with Punk in Triple H's office. Triple H informed him that his
      match against Kevin Nash was officially canceled and his opponent at Night
      of Champions would be him. Several sources are reporting that the match was
      pulled after Kevin Nash had a medical exam last week to effectively clear
      him for an in-ring return however the results were not good enough to give
      him the go ahead to participate in a full match.

      > WWE ALL STARS ANNOUNCED FOR NINTENDO 3DS
      - THQ today announced that the WWE All Stars video game is being developed
      for the Nintendo 3DS, making it the first ever WWE game in 3D. The game will
      include 13 playable characters as well as two exclusive modes and it is
      scheduled for release on November 22. The new game modes are Gauntlet and
      Score Scramble. In Gauntlet, you will go through every wrestler on the
      game's roster while if you choose Score Scramble your challenge is to hit a
      certain amount of points during different matches. "WWE All Stars has shown
      incredible promise in THQ's WWE portfolio with an original gameplay
      experience and a very attractive roster for hardcore and casual WWE fans,"
      said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. "We feel this
      gameplay experience and over-the-top energy will translate well to a
      handheld format and are pleased to offer WWE All Stars on Nintendo 3DS this
      fall."

      > SMACKDOWN RATING
      - Smackdown last Friday did a 1.78 rating with an average of 2,673,000
      viewers for the two hour show on SyFy. That is down from last week's 1.86
      and around 244,000 viewers less. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media
      Research and put online by PWinsider.com)