    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011

      Monday, August 1 2011 Issue #3554

      Tonight on Wrestling News Live there will be an interview with Golden Globe
      winner Ricky Schroder, known for his roles in "Silver Spoons," "NYPD Blue,"
      and "24," among others. You might be thinking, what the hell does a Golden
      Globe winner has to do with wrestling? Well, he's a big wrestling fan and he
      happens to have a wrestling movie coming out on August 17 that will be
      airing on CMT titled "To The Mat." We have the full trailer for the movie up
      on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/wrestlingonline . The show -
      hosted by JJ $exay and the TreyDawg - starts at 11:30PM EST and you can
      listen live at http://w-o.it/wnlive.

      > WWE BEEFING UP SECURITY AFTER MARYSE'S STALKER
      - TMZ.COM is reporting that WWE beefed up their security at their recent
      live events with extra protection given to former Divas champion Maryse
      following the revelation that she has a stalker who is threatening her with
      her life. Maryse filed a request for a restraining order last week in the
      court of Los Angeles to prevent the 61 year old Lee Silber from getting
      within distance or even trying to contact her. He has been calling her at
      her house and on her private cell phone number and sending her letters
      telling her that he'll buy her gifts and "take her to heaven with him." WWE
      told TMZ that they know about Silber and security staff are on the lookout
      just in case he attends one of their events. The company did not disclose
      what kind of measures they took for the extra security in order to make it
      effective.

      > THE MIZ AT THE SIRIUSXM CELEBRITY FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT
      - Last week, The Miz was in New York for the 2nd annual SiriusXM Celebrity
      Fantasy Football Draft, held at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square. The Miz
      was one of the Draft GMs, participating opposite stars from sports, music
      and entertainment like Alice In Chains rocker Jerry Cantrell, Playboy
      Playmate Pilar Lastra, New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl as well
      as a variety of SiriusXM stars that included Howard Stern Show executive
      producer Gary Dell'Abate, Mad Dog Radio's Chris "Mad Dog" Russo and Steve
      Phillips, Emmy Award-winning actor and SiriusXM host Jay Thomas, and others.
      SiriusXM NFL Radio's Rich Gannon and Adam Schein hosted the draft
      proceedings. You can see a video of The Miz from before the show and two
      photos of him posing with Playboy Playmate Pilar Lastra and on the red
      carpet at http://w-o.it/qroDvq.

      > 7-ELEVEN AND WWE TEAM UP FOR MONTH-LONG PROMOTION
      - For the third straight year, WWE is teaming up with 7-Eleven to promote
      WWE collectible Slurpee and Super Big Gulpcups and straws for the whole
      month of August. 7-Eleven will offer the exclusive collectible cups and
      straws highlighting John Cena, The Rock, The Miz, Steve Austin, Rey
      Mysterio, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels and Rowdy Roddy Piper. The cups
      feature action shots of each Superstar and Legend from the WWE All Stars
      video game. Also, those who purchase a Slurpee beverage and a TWIX candy bar
      may enter to win an all-expenses-paid, VIP trip to WrestleMania XXVIII. To
      register go to Slurpee.com and enter their Slurpee Nation reward points and
      TWIX game codes. As part of the promotion, all 7,400 7-Eleven retail
      locations in the U.S. and Canada will have a significant WWE presence as the
      cross-promotional partnership begins today. It will be supported by TV ads
      featuring WWE Superstar The Miz throughout WWE programming and at live
      events, WWE social media properties and WWE Magazine.

      > SMACKDOWN MAIN EVENT FOR SUMMERSLAM SET
      - The Smackdown main event for SummerSlam has been confirmed during this
      week's episode with the World Heavyweight champion Christian defending the
      title against Randy Orton - again - this time in a No Holds Barred match.
      The Divas title will also be defended with Kelly Kelly taking on the winner
      of the Divas battle royal that will take place on RAW tomorrow night. The
      RAW main event is expected to be CM Punk vs John Cena for the undisputed
      title.

      > TNA TO ADD CM PUNK TO THEIR ON-DEMAND SERVICE THIS WEEK
      - Desperate or smart? Maybe both. TNA Wrestling is adding CM Punk to their
      on-demand service at TNAOnDemand.com with matches from his stint with the
      company between 2003 and 2004. The matches - shown in full for the first
      time - include those against Raven, Abyss, Terry Funk, Sabu, Shane Douglas
      and more and will be part of the new Superstar Series special for the TNA
      on-demand service. These matches were held at the Asylum in Nashville,
      Tennessee, back when the company was just starting. Punk left TNA in March
      of 2004 after the company prevented their wrestlers from working for Ring Of
      Honor after the whole Rob Feinstein sting where he was revealed to be an
      Internet predator going after a 14 year old boy. Punk - who wrestled for ROH
      at the same time - opted to keep working for Ring Of Honor which led to his
      departure.

      > IMPACT WRESTLING RATING
      - IMPACT Wrestling did a 1.2 rating with an average of 1,614,000 viewers for
      this week's show, down from last week's 1.25 and 180,000 viewers less.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)