    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011

      Thursday, June 30 2011 Issue #3538

      Have you checked out the new Wrestling-Online.com? Main sections have been
      updated but we still have some more to go. Let us know what you think!

      > ORTON ISSUES APOLOGY TO KELLY KELLY AFTER RADIO REMARK
      - Current World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton issued an apology to Divas
      champion Kelly Kelly on Twitter after he made some remarks about her during
      a live interview on a radio show on 98KUPD in Phoenix, Arizona. During the
      interview, Orton mentioned the brief romance storyline he had with her a few
      years ago and had some not-so-kind comments about her when one of the hosts
      said, "I would be a method actor, and actually sleep with her." Orton
      replied that he could name a few "method actors in the WWE," giving a number
      of ten, implying that Kelly slept with all of them. Kelly Kelly yesterday
      responded to his remarks by writing, "The best way to fight stupidity, is by
      ignoring it." The champ wrote on Twitter today that he owes KK an apology
      for his remarks. "The fact that she has dated a few guys I work with doesn't
      make her a bad person, and is also none of my or anyone else's business,"
      Orton wrote. He called the comments he made about her personal life
      "completely uncalled for" and hoped that one day she would forgive him. "I
      do however understand if that doesn't happen." Orton that asked the fans -
      who bombarded him on Twitter about the topic - to drop the issue out of
      respect for her.

      > PUNK'S "SUSPENSION" LIFTED FOR NON-LIVE EVENTS
      - WWE.COM issued an update on CM Punk's "suspension" saying that both WWE
      and Punk "reached an agreement" to fulfill his non-televised live event
      obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17.
      "Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another,"
      the statement continues. Punk will be fighting John Cena at the Money in the
      Bank pay-per-view next month and the storyline continues this coming Monday
      on RAW.

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW did a 3.1 rating this week off hours 3.1 and 3.16 for a
      total of 4,943,000 viewers. Although last week it was a three hour show, in
      its usual time slot RAW had 5,500,000 with a 3.3 rating so it was a decrease
      of over half a million viewers in terms of total audience. (Ratings compiled
      by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > THQ ANNOUNCES DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR ALL-STARS
      - THQ today announced an updated release schedule of downloadable content
      offerings for the WWE All-Stars video game. DLC's will be available for Xbox
      Live and the Playstation Network. Available to download now is the Million
      Dollar Pack, with WWE Hall of Famer Ted DiBiase and his son Ted DiBiase for
      a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points or $1.99 via PlayStation
      Network. On July 5, the All-Time Greats pack will be available for 320
      Microsoft Points or $3.99 via PlayStation Network and will include Hawk,
      Animal, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Chris Jericho while R-Truth will be
      downloadable free of charge. Then on August 2, the Southern Charisma pack
      will be out for 240 Microsoft Points or $2.99 via PlayStation Network and
      will have Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes and Mark Henry.

      > LESNAR, HEYMAN, IN TALKS WITH WWE FOR BUSINESS DEAL
      - Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that Brock Lesnar and
      Paul Heyman are in negotiations for a "return" to the WWE, although none of
      them will be coming back in on-air roles. AOL's MMA reporter Ariel Helwani
      adds to the story that the deal between all three parties involves consumer
      products only and it's said to be very close to being signed. Lesnar left
      WWE in 2004 while Heyman parted ways two years later. At one point last year
      Paul Heyman was almost recruited by Dixie Carter to run TNA Wrestling but
      Heyman opted out after his demands were not met.

      > THE ROCK RESPONDS TO CM PUNK
      - After CM Punk name checked the Rock as a Vince McMahon ass kisser and
      voiced his disapproval about Rocky being in the main event of next year's
      WrestleMania and not himself, The Rock replied to Punk on Twitter today. "CM
      Punk: it's simple business," he wrote. "The Rock is the main event at
      Wrestlemania cause it draws more money in one night, then u will in
      lifetime." Probably can't argue with that statement in all reality!