    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2011

      Sunday, June 19 2011 Issue #3531

      The interview with Chyna conducted by Trey and JJ for Wrestling News Live
      has been archived and you can listen to it at http://w-o.it/wnlive/. It's a
      great interview where she discusses her wrestling career, her short stint in
      TNA, Eddie Guerrero, Eric Bischoff's recent comments about her, making the
      porno flick "Backdoor To Chyna" and much more.

      Happy Father's Day to all the dads reading the newsletter!

      > CAPITOL PUNISHMENT LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW TONIGHT
      - Live from the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., WWE presents Capitol
      Punishment on pay-per-view. The full card is as follows: John Cena vs
      R-Truth for the WWE title; Randy Orton vs Christian for the World
      Heavyweight title; Wade Barrett vs Ezekiel Jackson for the Intercontinental
      title; Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler for the United States title; The Miz
      vs Alex Riley; Big Show vs Alberto Del Rio; CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio.

      > ORTON CLEARED TO WRESTLE AFTER PASSING CONCUSSION TEST
      - Randy Orton passed the concussion ImPACT test on Friday, effectively
      clearing him to wrestle tonight at the Capitol Punishment pay-per-view.
      Orton suffered a concussion during last Sunday's live event in Madrid, Spain
      and was not allowed to wrestle on RAW or Smackdown this week. Orton
      underwent the 20 minute ImPACT - Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and
      Cognitive Testing - computerized concussion evaluation system test which was
      co-created by Dr. Maroon himself and two others in the early 90's. The test
      measures symptoms, reaction time, verbal and visual memory, processing speed
      and other criteria that are now considered mandatory by the WWE Wellness
      program in case of a concussion. "Passed the IMPACT test," wrote Orton on
      Twitter after telling fans to "wish him luck" earlier prior to the
      examination.

      > ALEX RILEY CLEARED OF DUI CHARGE
      - WWE Superstar Alex Riley was cleared of a DUI charge that happened last
      November in Tampa, Florida according to TMZ after his attorneys argued that
      cops had no probable cause for the traffic stop. The Judge in charge agreed
      with the defense and rendered the field sobriety test and the cop's
      observations of detecting the odor of alcohol inadmissible. The former NXT
      rookie and Miz sidekick was arrested at around 1AM on November 17 and then
      released on a $500 bond.

      > IMPACT RATING
      - IMPACT Wrestling did a 1.25 rating with 1,766,000 viewers for this week's
      show. That is up from last week's 1.01 with an average increase of 283,000
      viewers. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)

      > JURY AWARDS BIG SUM TO NANCY BENOIT'S FAMILY...JUDGE OVERTURNS AMOUNT
      - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper is reporting that a jury on
      Friday voted to penalize Hustler magazine nearly $20 million for publishing
      nude photographs of Nancy Benoit, the late wife of Chris Benoit, however the
      verdict was overturned by the judge immediately afterward. The adult mag
      will now have to pay only $375,000 in compensatory and punitive damages
      after U.S. District Court Judge Thomas W. Thrash Jr. ruled the jury could
      not exceed Georgia's punitive cap. Lawyers for Nancy's family will appeal
      the decision as State law allows a jury to exceed the $250,000 cap if it's
      proven the defendant "acted with intent to harm." Hustler lost their court
      case last November after the Judge ruled the company was financially liable
      to the family even though they argued the photographs of Nancy Benoit, taken
      decades before, were newsworthy.

      > BATISTA OPENS NEW GYM IN TAMPA
      - Former WWE and World Heavyweight champion Batista opened a new gym in
      Tampa along with his business partner Cesar Gracie called Gracie Fighter
      Jiu-Jitsu Gym located on North Dale Mabry Highway. "I really just found
      peace in here," Batista told FOX 13 News in Tampa. "I'm a martial arts
      practitioner; I want that experience of going through a training camp and
      leading up to a pro fight," he added. "I'm able to do this now, five years
      from now I won't be able to." The gym will be open to everyone after initial
      plans to have it as a private gym was scrapped. "At first it was going to be
      a private guy for me to train, but we realized that we had such a great
      facility and I felt like this area could use something like this," Batista
      said. And while he has no wrestling in his sight for now, the 42 year old
      said that his dream is to become a Cesar Gracie black belt. You can see the
      video report at http://w-o.it/mw045Q