    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2011

      Wednesday, April 13 2011 Issue #3492

      If you are going to any of the WWE live events in Europe in the next two
      weeks please send us results, photos or videos you have and don't forget to
      include your name for the credit. Thank you.

      > AN EMOTIONAL SEND-OFF FOR EDGE AFTER SMACKDOWN GOES OFF THE AIR
      - Edge received one last send-off during the Smackdown tapings yesterday and
      after the show was over, he gave a long speech to fans in the building and
      specifically thanked his closest friends, Christian and Kane as well as
      Vickie Guerrero and Lita. Prior to the speech, Edge, along with Christian,
      did their trademark five second pose "for the benefit of those with flash
      photography" for one last time before all the Superstars and referees came
      out at the top of the ramp. Big Show, Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero joined
      Christian in the ring to hug a crying Edge and then Triple H's music kicked
      in and out came The Game in business attire for a long hug. HHH then raised
      Edge's hands as everyone continued their standing ovation. You can see the
      emotional five minute footage at http://w-o.it/hojwiZ

      > RAW AND TOUGH ENOUGH RATINGS
      - RAW on Monday night did a 3.4 rating off hours 3.37 and 3.52 with an
      average viewership of 5,450,000. That is 0.4 down from last week and 150,000
      viewers down from last week. Meanwhile, Tough Enough at the 8PM time slot
      did a 1.81 rating with 2,785,000 viewers. That is also down from last week's
      season premiere following RAW of 2.5 and over half a million viewers less.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE STARTS THEIR HECTIC EUROPEAN TOUR
      - Superstars from both RAW and Smackdown start their toughest tour of the
      year today in Europe, titled WrestleMania Revenge, which will take the
      company to sixteen different cities in eleven countries for twenty two shows
      in twelve days. Countries who will get WWE this time of the year are
      Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Germany, England, Wales, Austria,
      Belgium, France, Romania and Turkey with shows in Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast,
      Munich, Dortmund, Kiel, Birmingham, Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, two in
      London, Cardiff, Salzburg, Brussels, Strasbourg, Lievin, two in Lyon,
      Bucharest and two in Istanbul. This yearly European tour following
      WrestleMania is a big money grabber for WWE with high ticket prices and tons
      of merchandise sold and usually sold out arenas.

      > MATT HARDY COMMENTS ON EDGE'S RETIREMENT
      - Matt Hardy, who was Edge's friend for a long time until the two fought
      over Lita, spoke on Twitter regarding the announcement of Edge's retirement.
      While the two are now friends again, 2005 was a very hard year for the two
      after the love affair between Edge and Hardy's then girlfriend Lita became
      public knowledge. Fans eventually sided with Hardy, who was released from
      the WWE, and both Edge and Lita were harassed by WWE fans wherever they want
      with "You screwed Matt" chants. Eventually Hardy was hired back a few months
      later and went straight into an angle with Edge. "Heard Adam is retiring
      because of physical issues that won't allow him to safely continue
      wrestling. He'll be missed, we've certainly had our fair share of issues..
      Both good and bad," Hardy wrote. "But I tip my hat to Edge who is one of the
      greatest I've ever been in the ring with. Adam resides in NC now-sure I'll
      run into him down the road. Glad that him & I are in a good place. We came
      in as friends, & went out that way."

      > ANGLE SAYS HE WILL RE-SIGN WITH TNA
      - Kurt Angle announced that he will be re-signing with TNA Wrestling once
      his current deal expires later this year. Angle said that they're still
      working on a few kinks but he's staying with the company because he believes
      in TNA and they have potential, and he loves Dixie Carter too. He admits
      that he gave it much thought but with TNA as the underdog, he feels he can
      help them go to the next level and called being the face of TNA "great."

      > TRAILER FOR STEVE AUSTIN'S NEW MOVIE, KNOCKOUT
      - Steve Austin's new movie, Knockout, will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on
      April 26, the fourth movie from a deal he has with production company Nasser
      Group. The movie is about a former boxer, played by Austin, who is now a
      school janitor and who tries to help a student who is being targeted by
      bullies. Austin - playing the character of Dan Barnes - helps the kid -
      played by Daniel Magder - to come to terms with his past and teaches him how
      to box and stand up to the bullies. The movie was filmed in Canada with an
      estimated budget of $9,000,000. You can see the trailer which has Austin
      without his trademark goatee, or at least not all of it, at
      http://w-o.it/e8YkJy