    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2011

      Friday, March 18 2011 Issue #3472

      Download app for Android http://w-o.it/woandapp

      Hello from Newcastle, England. I'm here for two days to attend the wedding
      of former W-O Newsletter writer and Ringside Live co-host Ian Hamilton. Yes,
      he's getting hitched. And I'm the best man, which means I get to roast him
      in front of his family tomorrow. Good times.

      > GLAAD NOT HAPPY WITH WWE, WWE APOLOGIZES
      - The Gay and Lesbian Anti-Defamation Defense League issued a statement
      announcing that WWE will be working with GLAAD to create and promote an
      anti-bullying initiative and also offered GLAAD the opportunity to conduct
      trainings for their staff of writers and editors. The issue came up after
      the John Cena used gay remark towards The Rock and The Miz on RAW, something
      that GLAAD wasn't glad about. "We reached out to WWE Incorporated, which
      responded swiftly and positively," said the statement. "The incidents were
      particularly troubling because WWE recently began promoting itself as
      PG-rated entertainment marketed primarily towards adolescent males," the
      statement continued. "And there was wrestling superstar John Cena performing
      what amounted to scripted homophobic bullying of other wrestlers on a
      nationally broadcast show for kids." WWE assured GLAAD that such incidents
      won't happen again and issued an apology. "WWE takes this issue very
      seriously, and has already spoken with our talent about these incidents. We
      are taking steps and working with GLAAD to ensure that our fans know that
      WWE is against bullying or discrimination on the basis of sexual
      orientation. We strongly value our fans in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and
      transgender community, and apologize to them for these incidents."

      > SUPERSTARS ON WGN TO STOP AIRING IN APRIL
      - Prowrestling.net is reporting that the television show WWE Superstars on
      WGN will be going off the air in April, with the last episode set to air on
      April 7, the Thursday following WrestleMania. The show came back from the
      dead in 2009 following WrestleMania XXV and had the Undertaker on the first
      show to boost viewership. However, just like other WWE B-shows, Superstars
      is getting the axe after just two years on the air with WGN confirming that
      the show will not keep broadcasting after April 7.

      > TRISH ON COVER OF OXYGEN MAGAZINE
      - Tough Enough trainer Trish Stratus is on the cover of the latest edition
      of Oxygen Magazine showing off her killer bikini body. Inside the mag, the
      former seven time WWE Woman's champion also shares her meal recipe, workout
      and meal plan. You can check out the sexy cover at http://w-o.it/e5cZMu.

      > WWE MAKING DONATION TO RED CROSS
      - World Wrestling Entertainment announced that it will be making a corporate
      donation to the American Red Cross to help with the relief efforts in Japan.
      Last week, a deadly earthquake and tsunami hit the island nation leaving
      tens of thousands dead and tons more unaccounted for. WWE has strong ties
      with Japan and also has an office in Tokyo. To donate to the redcross you
      can text the word REDCROSS to 90999 for a donation of $10. Visit
      www.redcross.org for more information.

      > TNA INTRODUCES NEW WORLD TITLE
      - Following the Jeff Hardy fiasco last week at Victory Road, TNA has decided
      to get rid of the World title that was presented to Jeff Hardy after he
      joined Immortal. While the company did not go to the original world title, a
      new one was created which Sting carried out during yesterday's show. Sting
      gave the old title to Hogan in the opening segment of iMPACT! and Hogan
      threw it away, saying that Hardy let Immortal down because the former champ
      couldn't live in Hogan's shadow. You can see the opening segment with the
      new title at http://w-o.it/h5kIou.