    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 1:32 PM

      Tuesday, February 1 2011 Issue #3442

      Download app for Android at the Android Market

      I liked RAW yesterday, thought it was pretty good. I'm so glad they're doing
      something with Jerry Lawler. After almost two decades with the company it's
      about time they give him some wrestling. Yeah he's old and all that, but
      dammit, he's Jerry Lawler for cryin' out loud. Do I expect him to be the
      champ after Elimination Chamber? No. But I do hope to see him wrestle at
      WrestleMania.

      > ALBERTO DEL RIO CHOOSES WORLD TITLE FOR WRESTLEMANIA
      - One of the main events of WrestleMania has been set as Alberto Del Rio
      will be facing Edge for the World Heavyweight title assuming that Edge will
      still be the champion by April 3. As the winner of the Rumble, Del Rio had
      to choose which title to go for, either the World Heavyweight title or the
      WWE title, held currently by The Miz. After both champions interrupted the
      number one contender, Del Rio chose Edge's World title and then smashed Edge
      with the guitar which he took from one of the Mariachi band members who were
      in the ring.

      > RAW ELIMINATION CHAMBER PARTICIPANTS ANNOUNCED
      - The RAW main event for Elimination Chamber was decided yesterday following
      a RAW Rumble featuring Jerry "The King" Lawler, Randy Orton, CM Punk,
      R-Truth, John Morrison, Sheamus and John Cena. The six eliminated Superstars
      would be facing each other in the Chamber match whereas the winner would be
      facing the WWE champion on the show. Jerry "The King" Lawler ended up
      winning the RAW Rumble much to everyone's surprise so he'll be facing The
      Miz while Orton, Punk, Morrison, Sheamus, Cena and R-Truth will battle each
      other in the Chamber to become the number one contender where the winner
      gets a title shot at WrestleMania.

      > LAWLER GETS SECOND WWE TITLE MATCH IN 18 YEARS
      - In the 18 years that Jerry "The King" Lawler spent in WWE he only had one
      WWE title match, last year against The Miz in a ladder match. And he was
      close to winning it had it not been for his broadcast partner Michael Cole
      who interfered, costing the WWE Hall of Famer the match. Yesterday on RAW,
      "The King" secured his second title match this time not for a RAW, but
      rather a pay-per-view, at the Elimination Chamber. Lawler managed to win the
      RAW Rumble after bumping Cena out of the ring and then evading Sheamus'
      kick. Cena held down the top rope and Sheamus went flying over, helping
      Lawler to win and then celebrating with him in the ring. Michael Cole was
      furious about it, stood up and told Lawler to enjoy this because at the
      Chamber pay-per-view, The Miz will eliminate him and his road to
      WrestleMania will stop there. Lawler has often said publicly that he would
      like to wrestle a match at WrestleMania and it looks like this year he will
      make it on the card one way or another.

      > RAW VIDEO PREVIEW SAYS UNDERTAKER RETURNING ON FEBRUARY 21
      - A video uploaded on Fresno's Save Mart Center YouTube account previews the
      RAW on February 21 which WWE plugged with a mysterious video yesterday which
      ended with the numbers 2-21-11, the date of this particular RAW. The video
      preview shows that CM Punk will be teaming with The Miz to take on Randy
      Orton and John Cena in a dark match with Michael Cole as the special guest
      referee. However, the most interesting part was what followed. Cue the
      Undertaker song..."Plus on this night in Fresno," says the voice over..."the
      Dead Man the Undertaker returns!" You can check out the video at
      http://w-o.it/gpK5ta

      > 2-21-11 VIDEO SPARKS STING RUMORS
      - The 2-21-11 promo that WWE aired on Monday Night RAW is sparking a lot of
      interest among the online wrestling community and several readers sent in
      word that the promo is very same looking to the Starrcade 1997 one that WCW
      produced for Sting vs Hulk Hogan. The Starrcade video also has rain and
      thunderstorms with Sting sporting a trench coat, similar to what appears the
      mysterious figure is wearing in the WWE video. The former WCW champion is
      still signed to TNA although he hasn't appeared for the company on
      television since the Bound For Glory pay-per-view. Sting is still part of
      the TNA roster on TNAWrestling.com.

      > NASH TO SIGN WWE LEGENDS CONTRACT, SAYS HE DOESN'T WANT TO LEAVE AGAIN
      - Kevin Nash announced during an appearance on the ESPN Pro Wrestling Report
      audio show that he will be signing a WWE Legends contract this week and will
      meet the management tomorrow to see how they will proceed for the future.
      Nash talked about how WWE flew him out of Daytona Beach, which is closer to
      his home rather than from Orlando, where TNA made him drive to the show each
      time and was picked up by a WWE car and taken to a hotel on Saturday. The
      next day he had a physical and signed the necessary papers and then talked
      with Triple H, his wife Stephanie and Vince McMahon and also shot some
      photos and video for production. Meanwhile he continued praising WWE on his
      Twitter account and how he's glad to be back to the company, who he referred
      to as family. "As long as WWE will have me in wrestling capacity and my body
      can handle it, I will wrestle. It's what I do! Best decision of my life," he
      wrote. "When Vince McMahon is the boss and your best friend and his wife run
      creative and you see each other and hug and there is true emotion. Contracts
      aren't needed. I will do whatever I'm asked. I was welcomed back into the
      Family. I wont make mistake of leaving again!"

      > THE ROCK SAYS WWE RETURN IS SOONER THAN WE THINK
      - In a blog posted on his official Facebook page, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
      assured fans that he will return to WWE when time is right however it won't
      be a match as everyone was hoping for. "Vince and myself stay very closely
      connected and when the opportunity is right - which will be alot sooner than
      you think - we will do something electrifying and historic for the fans,"
      said the former WWE champion, adding that he will appear in a capacity that
      would allow him to do so much more. "I LOVE that company and the
      fans...without the two I would not be standing where I am today," he
      continued, most likely a dig at John Cena who often said that Johnson
      doesn't care about WWE or its fans following his exit to go to Hollywood.
      The Rock said that he and Vince were brainstorming about a special show
      called Rock RAW. "Sounds like a perfect title for me to come back and SLAP
      THE LIPS OFF THOSE JABRONIS and LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON AAAAALLLLL THEIR
      CANDY ASSES!!! Sorry...got carried away," he concluded.

      > FLAIR OUT WITH TORN ROTATOR CUFF
      - The Wrestling Observer is reporting that 16 time World Heavyweight
      champion Ric Flair has suffered a torn rotator cuff which he apparently
      picked while wrestling during the weekend at the TNA tour in England. The
      injury takes around four to six months usually to heal and with Flair's age,
      well, it could go longer than that. The Nature Boy was expected to be at the
      iMPACT! tapings yesterday despite his bust-up with management last week
      however he was not there due to his injury.