    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30 12:44 PM

      Thursday, December 30 2010 Issue #3419

      Download app for Android at the Android Market

      Welcome to the last issue of 2010! The year has flew by pretty quick and
      we've had some great things happening with the launch of the iPad and
      Android apps, more subscribers, teaming up with the folks over at Wrestling
      News Live etc. A quick shout-out also goes out to our main sponsors - Vivid
      Seats, Oddsmaker and Belmont - who have agreed to do business with us
      throughout the year.

      What's in store for 2011? Who the hell knows. I don't plan far ahead...well
      except when I'm going on holiday that is. Thanks for supporting the site,
      newsletter and all our mobile apps. Without our readers we wouldn't be doing

      Hope you have a wonderful new year's eve party or whatever you are planning.
      And remember folks, don't drink and drive...or else you will spill your
      drink! :)

      - Awesome Kong, the former TNA Knockouts champion, has signed a deal with
      World Wrestling Entertainment a week after she was arrested in Tampa for
      driving without a license. "My dreams just came true today. I got my dream
      job. Yes, THAT one," wrote Kong on her Twitter. The 33 year old from
      California spent almost three years in TNA Wrestling before being released
      in March of this year. Kong got in a high-profile altercation with radio
      host Bubba "The Love Sponge" and reportedly knocked him out backstage after
      he made some negative comments towards Haiti following the earthquake.
      During her time in TNA she won the Knockouts title twice and the Knockouts
      Tag Team title once with Hamada.

      - Footage of John Cena's short speech following the cage match against Wade
      Barrett where he tells the fans that he got injured has surfaced on YouTube.
      As reported earlier, Cena got injured while taking the Wasteland finisher
      from Barrett and the match was quickly ended and Cena was unable to
      continue. The former WWE champion told fans that if he has to take time off
      there's no way he's going to be carried out of the ring and he will be
      limping out on his own two feet. Cena then wished everyone a happy new year
      before slowly exiting the ring. WWE.COM acknowledged Cena's injury labeling
      it as a hip injury in a short statement, saying his return to the ring will
      be addressed on a day-to-day basis. You can check the video out at

      - WWEUniverse.com, WWE's version of Facebook and MySpace, will be shutting
      down come January 1, 2011, according to a letter posted by WWE Online
      Community Leader Corey Clayton. "We've had a great run WWE Universe...but
      all good things must come to an end," Clayton wrote. Content such as blogs
      from The Fink and Jim Ross as well as live chats and other services will be
      moving to different places on WWE.COM or integrated with the company's
      Facebook and Twitter, which are far more popular than WWE's in-house double.
      "In parting, I just want to say thank you to all the dedicated long-time
      members of this site that participated, contributed photos, blog posts, and
      comments in the Forums. WWE appreciates your support over the past two
      years, and I hope you enjoyed your time on the site," the letter stated.

      - With TNA UK's broadcaster Bravo shutting down on January 1, TNA President
      Dixie Carter asked for fans in the United Kingdom to help the company get a
      "positive outcome" for the broadcast of iMPACT! on Sky. "While we appreciate
      the tens of thousands of emails, Facebook messages and tweets you have sent
      us, your comments should be made directly to Sky," wrote Carter. She then
      listed the phone, e-mail, Facebook and Twitter of Sky so fans can contact
      the digital satellite company. Earlier today Sky responded on their Facebook
      with a message saying, "TNA will be broadcast on a different Sky channel
      when Bravo closes, we are trying to find out which channel this will be and
      will let you all know as soon as we find out." Sky - which broadcasts all
      WWE shows - bought out Bravo and other channels a few months ago and decided
      to kill off Bravo as it is the direct competition of another property they
      have which airs similar programming.

      - In an interview with the Monday Night Mayhem audio show, former WCW
      President Eric Bischoff said that he agreed with Jim Ross' recent statements
      that TNA Wrestling will probably never overtake WWE as a company, comparing
      the two companies to a Kool-Aid and Coca-Cola as far as resources and
      infrastructure goes. "I agree 100 percent. WWE has been around for a long,
      long time. They've been well-entrenched and well-established in cable
      television for the last 20 years. It's a television juggernaut," Bischoff
      said. Despite this, he added that there are several things that TNA is
      better than WWE on an individual basis and they will still try to compete,
      maybe fail, and be right back up like what happened with moving iMPACT! to
      Monday nights versus RAW. He said everything creates awareness and they will
      continue to "swing for the fences" whenever an opportunity presents itself.
      "I don't think anybody within TNA realistically felt we were going to
      compete on a business level with the WWE," he concluded.