    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010

      Tuesday, November 30 2010 Issue #3402

      Download app for Android at the Android Market

      If you didn't tune in live, check out yesterday's episode of Wrestling News
      Live at http://w-o.it/wnl with hosts Trey Stone and Jeff Jackson. WNL is the
      official audio show for Wrestling-Online.com and hopefully we'll add the
      podcasts to our mobile apps in the next updates.

      > LAWLER GETS WWE TITLE SHOT ON HIS BIRTHDAY
      - Ever since joining WWE in 1993, Jerry "The King" Lawler never got a WWE
      title match. Nor did he ever manage to get on the card at a WrestleMania
      despite publicly stating that he's still waiting for the boss, Vince
      McMahon, to grant him his wish before he leaves the business. Turning 61
      yesterday, WWE had a surprise for "The King" as on Monday Night RAW he was
      granted his first WWE title shot against the newly crowned champ The Miz in
      a tables, ladders and chairs match. Despite being on the losing end, Lawler
      also got to main event RAW as well as knocking down Michael Cole who
      interfered in the match preventing Lawler from grabbing the title while he
      was on the ladder.

      > SHEAMUS BECOMES THE NEW KING OF THE RING
      - Sheamus became the 19th King of the Ring yesterday after he successfully
      went through Kofi Kingston and then John Morrison during the three hour
      special edition of Monday Night RAW. In the quarter finals, Alberto Del Rio
      defeated Daniel Bryan, John Morrison defeated Cody Rhodes, Sheamus defeated
      Kofi Kingston and the Ezekiel Jackson and Drew McIntyre match ended in a
      double countout. Morrison defeated Del Rio in the semi final while Sheamus
      got a bye following the elimination of both McIntyre and Jackson in the
      previous bracket. Sheamus was then crowned King of the Ring by Miss USA Rima
      Fakih following a twelve minute final.

      > CENA, LAWLER AND THE DIVAS IN A CAKE FIGHT FOLLOWING RAW
      - W-O Newsletter reader Rob McKenna attended RAW yesterday in Philadelphia
      and sent us the off air footage from the show. After cameras stopped
      rolling, Wade Barrett called out John Cena and the two brawled while Mark
      Henry and Daniel Bryan came out to help take out Nexus. Afterward, Cena led
      the crowd in singing happy birthday to Jerry Lawler and all the Divas came
      out carrying a cake for the Hall of Famer. With the Divas putting pieces of
      cake on Lawler's face, Cena entered the ring and tried to dump the cake on
      the Divas but the cake took a slide and ended up on the ring as the Divas
      quickly exited the ring. Cena started grabbing the cake from the mat and
      threw cake all over the place as some of the Divas who stayed in the ring
      returned the favor! You can check out the whole cake party at
      http://w-o.it/ij77LY

      > VIDEO OF JUAN CENA WRESTLING
      - John Cena wrestled Sunday at a live WWE event in Salisbury, MD., under the
      name Juan Cena who WWE is advertising as the Mexican cousin of the former
      WWE champion. Cena wore his usual attire, had the same theme song, did the
      same moves and the only difference was that he wore a purple and yellow
      lucha libre mask. Cena wrestled in a four way match against Barrett, Orton
      and The Miz for the WWE title. You can see a three minute video of Juan Cena
      from the match at http://w-o.it/ggd8gb

      > NXT SEASON THREE FINALE TONIGHT ON WWE.COM
      - The all-female NXT season finale airs tonight on SyFy with Kaitlyn and
      Naomi being the final two Divas-in-training in the competition. Kaitlyn is
      being mentored by Vickie Guerrero while Naomi is mentored by the beautiful
      Kelly Kelly. While no mentions have been made for a fourth season, NXT's
      Canadian broadcaster The Score has the show in its December line up and
      chances are it will continue to air mostly because of big money deals with
      International broadcasters. NXT stopped airing on television in the United
      States when Smackdown moved to SyFy.

      > SMACKDOWN RATING
      - Smackdown did a 1.56 rating with an average of 2,381,000 viewers last
      Friday, one of the lowest numbers the show did since moving to SyFy. That is
      down from last week's 1.73 and a decrease of around 140,000 viewers.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > AJ STYLES BREAKS FINGER AT TNA SHOW IN ABU DHABI
      - TNA President Dixie Carter announced on Twitter that former TNA champion
      AJ Styles broke his finger during the live event in Abu Dhabi yesterday and
      had to be treated at the hospital. The company wrapped up the three day tour
      which was being held at the Abu Dhabi Golf and Equestrian Club in the UAE.
      All the top TNA Superstars and Knockouts are participating in this tour, the
      first one for the company in the region.