Wretling-Online Newsletter #3383

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010

      Monday, November 1 2010 Issue #3383

      Download app for Android at the Android Market
      Coming soon for iPad http://w-o.it/wonewshd

      So if Linda McMahon doesn't win tomorrow, will she be back as WWE CEO? I
      mean, she has to get back some of those $50 million she spent from somewhere
      no?

      > THQ AND WWE ANNOUNCE NEW MARKETING DEAL
      - In a press release issued today, THQ and WWE announced a new marketing
      agreement that will see WWE video games developed by THQ being integrated
      into WWE live events, pay-per-views, TV sponsorships, magazine, online and
      in WWE DVDs. In addition THQ will be also hosting interactive gaming kiosks
      at 40 WWE live events starting effective immediately through April 16, 2011.
      "This strategic marketing agreement reflects the benefits of working more
      closely with WWE to maximize the interactive entertainment experience for
      fans of this leading sports entertainment brand," said THQ President and CEO
      Brian Farrell. "We expect to increase awareness of our games through this
      new integrated program. Beyond that, we are expanding our WWE video game
      offerings with social applications and brand extensions to help WWE fans
      enjoy different interactive experiences throughout the year." THQ is also
      producing social media, iPhone and iPad applications, console brand
      extensions, and a powerful community site all built around the WWE brand.

      > TNA LAUNCHES ANTI-BULLYING CAMPAIGN
      - TNA Wrestling today launched the "Eliminate The Hate" anti-bullying
      campaign following a series of teen suicides that shocked the United States
      over the past weeks. Public Service Announcements will be running throughout
      TNA programming and spots will also run on the TNA website, DVDs as well as
      the company's Facebook and Twitter accounts. PSAs will also run on the
      Sirius XM show Derek & Romaine as well as other Sirius XN shows in addition
      to other TV shows across Spike TV. "Sadly, bullying is a national problem,
      and it crosses into all races, religions and every socioeconomic status,"
      TNA Superstar Mr. Anderson said. "Growing up, I was bullied until I was a
      freshman in high school because I didn't conform to a group or play sports.
      I was open that I liked video gaming and comic books and got picked on for
      that. I eventually took Tae Kwon Do and Eskrima lessons because the bullying
      was relentless and I thought it would come to a fight. But when the bullies
      heard I was taking martial arts classes, they backed off." TNA Chief
      Marketing Officer Al Ovadia said that the company stands firmly behind this
      new campaign, adding that there is no place in schools for bullying, be it
      based on a student's looks, race, sexual orientation or anything else.

      > POSTER FOR FINAL RESOLUTION PAY-PER-VIEW
      - The poster for the final TNA pay-per-view for 2010 titled Final Resolution
      has been revealed featuring Ric Flair and his Fortune faction. The show will
      take place on Sunday, December 5 at the iMPACT! Zone in Orlando, FL. You can
      check it out at http://w-o.it/aHXGdw

      > MCMAHON TRAILS BLUMENTHAL BY 9% IN LATEST POLL
      - A new poll released earlier today by Quinnipiac University shows former
      WWE CEO Linda McMahon trailing Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Richard
      Blumental by 9% despite benefitting from some recent shift in voters. As it
      stands, Blumenthal leads by 53% to McMahon's 44%, a drop of 3% for
      Blumenthal who lead by 12% in the October 26 poll. The McMahon campaign told
      the Hartford Courant that its internal poll shows a "neck-and-neck" race and
      not a 9% gap between the two candidates. "Our internal polls show this race
      is neck-and-neck as a result of a surge of momentum behind Linda in the last
      week, and today's Quinnipiac poll missed the full impact of the surge
      because a substantial portion of its interviews were conducted a week ago,"
      spokesman Ed Patru said. Linda's campaign knocked on 100,000 doors - 15,000
      this past weekend alone - and made nearly 400,000 phone calls to potential
      voters. "The momentum is entirely behind our campaign, and we believe Linda
      is poised for an historic upset victory tomorrow night," Patru added.

      > STEPHANIE MCMAHON AND TRIPLE H CAMPAIGN WITH LINDA MCMAHON
      - Stephanie McMahon and her husband Triple H campaigned with Linda McMahon
      on Saturday at an event in Danbury, CT., prior to the Fan Appreciation Day
      which had the return of The Game after six months out. Linda was supposed to
      appear at the WWE event however there was some schedule changes that
      prevented her from making it to Hartford and be with the rest of her WWE
      family. The former WWE champion took the mic and spoke at the rally, urging
      the supporters to call their friends when they go home and tell them to vote
      for Linda McMahon. Her daughter Stephanie - looking still very pregnant
      despite giving birth in late August - also talked to the crowd, telling them
      that her mother has been there for her all her life, the same thing she will
      do if she gets elected. You can see the footage from the event at
      http://w-o.it/aZlMVO