    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2010

      Sunday, October 31 2010 Issue #3382

      Download app for Android at the Android Market
      Coming soon for iPad http://w-o.it/wonewshd

      Correction from Friday's newsletter, William Regal was actually the last
      King of the Ring not Booker T. Thanks to all who sent in the corrections.

      Just in case you never read them before, our resident TV reporter Dan
      Josselyn writes the weekly Smackdown and even takes on the iMPACT!
      television recaps. The best damn recaps online. You can read them on the
      website and on all the mobile apps. If you miss a show, read his reports. He
      had his birthday this week so I wanted to give him a shout out! :) Also, he
      wrote an interesting article titled "In defense of Mixed Martial Arts" which
      is published at http://w-o.it/9UUPWK

      The Wrestling-Online.com News HD app for the iPad has been submitted to the
      Apple iTunes Store for review. We'll let you know when it hits the store
      after it is approved. It will cost you 99 cents when available and it will
      be out in all iTunes Stores worldwide.

      > WWE FAN APPRECIATION DAY RESULTS FROM HARTFORD, CT.
      - World Wrestling Entertainment held a Fan Appreciation Day yesterday with a
      live show at 3PM at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. All tickets regardless of
      seating positions were sold for just $10 and there was no convenience fees,
      ticketing fees or facility fees added on. Superstars from both RAW and
      Smackdown participated in the show. Results were: Big Show won a 24-man
      battle royal and earning a chance to face Dolph Ziggler for the IC title
      later in the show; Daniel Bryan defeated The Miz; Melina won a Diva
      dance-off which also had participation from Natalya, Kelly Kelly, Natalya,
      Layla, Gail Kim, Maryse and Alicia Fox; Sheamus defeated John Morrison;
      Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett; Dolph Ziggler defeated The Big show;
      Triple H defeated Alberto Del Rio; Kane defeated John Cena via DQ in the
      main event.

      > TRIPLE H RETURNS TO THE RING
      - Triple H returned to the ring and participated in his first match in six
      months against Alberto Del Rio at the WWE Fan Appreciation event in
      Hartford. The Game has been out filming movies and nursing injuries in the
      meantime and last wrestled Sheamus at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view where
      he lost his street fight match. HHH did two movies back to back for WWE
      Studios, titled Inside Out and The Chaperone which will be released next
      year. The Game also underwent surgery in July and his return for SummerSlam
      was pushed back, however he kept busy despite being out of the ring by going
      to work at the WWE headquarters in Stamford, CT., where he has his own
      office. You can see a video of his return at http://w-o.it/bgbNOK

      > VINCE MCMAHON SAYS THANKS TO WWE FANS
      - WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon appeared at the Fan Appreciation Day
      earlier today in Hartford, CT., and encouraged fans to go vote on Tuesday
      wearing a WWE t-shirt. "Some people may think I was going to talk about
      politics today," he said. "Nothing could be further from the truth. I do
      encourage you to vote this Tuesday, and while you're voting, feel free to
      wear a WWE t-shirt!" McMahon was supposed to appear on the RAW in Calgary to
      hype the Stand Up for WWE campaign however his segment was scratched
      entirely from the show even though it was advertised on WWE.COM before the
      show. "I came out here to simply say thank you," he said. "That's what this
      day is all about. It's about fan appreciation. No one appreciates the fans
      more than World Wrestling Entertainment." McMahon told the fans in the XL
      Center to "stand up" on election day, something that he said he would do in
      court documents filed earlier this week against Connecticut's Secretary of
      State where it was written that the boss will be going to vote wearing WWE
      merchandise. You can see part of his speech at http://w-o.it/aeTwKM

      > DIVA DANCE-OFF AT FAN APPRECIATION DAY
      - What's the best way to make your WWE fans - especially those horny teenage
      male demographic - happy? Simple. Get seven of your hottest Divas and have
      them participate in a dance off, some dancing provocatively and some being
      absolutely goofy. But nonetheless, they're still some of the hottest women
      in television shaking their booties and boobies. That's what happened
      yesterday at the WWE Fan Appreciation event as Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox,
      Natalya, Maryse, Gail Kim, Layla and Melina took a break from their
      wrestling and performed some moves for the packed crowd inside the XL
      Center. Kelly Kelly, Melina and Layla got the loudest pops but eventually
      Melina was declared the winner by The Fink. You can see the whole segment at
      http://w-o.it/aphQ17

      > iMPACT! RATINGS
      - TNA iMPACT! this week did a 1.13 rating with an average of 1,484,000
      viewers. That is slightly down from last week's 1.16. ReACTION that followed
      iMPACT! did a 0.75 with 934,000 viewers, up from last week's 0.68. (Ratings
      compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > FORMER NYC MAYOR RUDY GIULIANI ENDORSES MCMAHON
      - Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Friday endorsed Linda McMahon
      for Senate at an event held in Windsor, CT. "She's been an American
      businesswoman who built a very successful business that helped the state of
      Connecticut, because it put people to work," Giuliani said. "Linda is the
      right choice for the Senate right now...sure as heck the right answer for
      the country," Giuliani added with a smile. WWE worked with Giuliani during
      the tragic events on September 11 and offered up their previously-held
      restaurant in Times Square to help with the recovery efforts.