    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2010

      Friday, August 13 2010 Issue #3336

      Download app for iPhone http://bit.ly/biG1zA
      Download app for Blackberry http://bit.ly/wobbapp
      Download app for Android at the Android Market

      It's another sad day today in the world of professional wrestling as another
      one leaves us early.

      > LANCE CADE PASSES AWAY
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Lance McNaught, better known to WWE fans
      as Lance Cade, passed away at the age of 29 years. There are no details
      regarding his death at time of this writing. Cade has two daughters, one
      aged 7 from his first marriage and another one aged 2. He divorced from his
      wife in 2006. Cade signed a WWE developmental deal in 2003 and was assigned
      to Ohio Valley Wrestling and was moved to the RAW brand later in the year.
      He spent five years in total with WWE before being released from the company
      in October 2008. Details for his release are sketchy however there was an
      accident on a plane he was on - along with other WWE Superstars - where he
      suffered a seizure and needed medical help. At that time Jim Ross said that
      Cade made "a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment." In October
      of last year Cade signed a new deal to return to WWE and moved to Florida
      Championship Wrestling however he was released in April of this year before
      making it back on TV. During his WWE time he won the WWE tag team titles
      three times with his partner Trevor Murdoch.

      > HOGAN UNDERGOES SIXTH BACK SURGERY
      - Hulk Hogan underwent his sixth back surgery yesterday, a minor one
      considering what he's been through already. The WWE Hall of Famer had a
      piece of the bone from the L2-L3 taken out and his disc trimmed. "Getting
      tired of getting cut on. Hope this is the last surgery. I know this is the
      last surgery," wrote Hogan just before he went under the knife. The surgery
      was successful and the Hulkster is now in recovery mode.

      > THE EXPENDABLES OPENS TONIGHT
      The movie The Expendables, which has a loaded cast including WWE Hall of
      Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin and UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture opens in
      theaters today nationwide in the United States. Sylvester Stallone, Jason
      Statham, Jet Li, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, Giselle Itie, Mickey Rourke
      and Bruce Willis along with a cameo from the Governator himself, Arnold
      Schwarzenegger are the rest of the cast of The Expendables. The movie is
      about a team of mercenaries who head to South America on a mission to
      overthrow a dictator and is filled with action and fight sequences. The
      R-rated one hour forty three minute film from Lionsgate is expected to take
      the number one spot come Sunday.

      > SUMMERSLAM KICKOFF PARTY TONIGHT IN HOLLYWOOD
      - WWE will be hosting the SummerSlam Kickoff party tonight at the Tropicana
      Bar at The Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, CA., with the Muscular Dystrophy
      Association to promote MDA's "Make a Muscle, Make a Difference" campaign.
      Several WWE Sperstars will obviously be in attendance along with different
      celebrities including Buzz Aldrin, Giles Marini, David Archuletta, Lou
      Ferrigno, BooBoo Stewart, Yeardley Smith, Jon Lovitz, Verne Troyer, Melora
      Hardin, Brandon Barash and others. Record producer Jermaine Dupri will be in
      charge of the music as he will serve as DJ for the night. WWE held the same
      party last year in aid of Nancy O'Dell's Betty's Battle campaign.

      > BATISTA TALKS ABOUT GOING INTO MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
      - Fight Magazine held a video interview with former WWE and World champion
      Batista regarding his transition to mixed martial arts. Batista said he's
      always been an MMA fan and wants to try it before he "gets too old." He said
      being a legitimate fighter is very important for him and this is not a joke
      and is taking training really seriously. He didn't like the way pro
      wrestling was heading and that's why he made the cross over to MMA. Batista
      added that a lot of people underestimate his size and quickness and he's
      pretty strong and agile for a big guy. He said WWE makes you durable with
      long matches and physical stuff and Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley proved
      that in the cage. He said he loves to train and it's certainly easier than
      traveling 300 days a year with lack of sleep and lack of good food as the
      hardest part in pro wrestling is the wear and tear of traveling around the
      world. He has 10 weeks more to go in the training camp and plans to move to
      California to continue training after he signs a contract. You can see the
      seven minute interview at http://bit.ly/9tuqBD

      > HELP MARIA OPEN THE VIRGIN MOBILE FREEFEST
      - Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis entered a contest on Virgin Mobile FreeFest
      where the winner of the contest will get to open the festival. On August 23,
      Virgin Mobile will announce the judges' selection of five finalists for the
      music download final round of voting. By downloading a track from your
      favorite band, you'll be casting your vote for them to play in front of
      40,000 music fans at Virgin Mobile FreeFest and win $5,000 in cash. The
      winner will be announced on August 31! Maria currently occupies the first
      place and you can vote once a day through August 19 at http://bit.ly/bWYQoi