    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 1999
      *Sorry if it's delayed, Egroups is f!@#ed*

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Sunday, July 4th, 1999

      I S S U E # 3 6 0

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      For all you Americans, happy 4th of July.

      See ya tomorrow!

      ==============
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      The famous WrestleBoard! has moved locations from MD-Internet.com to
      wrestlingdotcom.com, so update your bookmarks now! Check our new site
      including full multimedia galleries, interactive fun, and the most
      exclusive up to date news and reports that makes us, WrestleBoard! --
      Wrestling News All-Day Every-Day
      http://www.wrestlingdotcom.com/news
      ==============

      > BUYRATE FOR KING OF THE RING
      - Early reports show that King Of The Ring last month got a buyrate of
      1.4, which translates to 440,000 buys. WCW's Great American Bash PPV
      that same month got a buyrate of 0.43, which is approximatley 160,000
      buys. Interesting to say is that this year's King Of The Ring had the
      biggest buyrate of all previous King Of The Rings.

      > WWF REGISTERS .COM NAMES OF ALL PPVS
      - As all of you know by now, the WWF dropped the name of "In Your House"
      for their pay-per-views. Each PPV will have a name that will stick to
      it. The former IYHs are now: "No Way Out" for February; "Backlash" in
      April; "Judgment Day" for June; "Fully Loaded" for July; "Unforgiven"
      for September; "No Mercy" for October and "Armageddon" for December. Due
      to this, WWF registered .com names for all the new PPVs. They now have
      wwfnowayout.com; wwfbacklash.com; wwfjudgementday.com etc etc.

      > BULLDOG TO RETURN?
      - According to the Calgary Sun, The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith is
      almost ready to return to the ring. Smith who suffered a severe back
      injury last year due to the trap door for the Warrior on Nitro, has been
      sidelined since then. "I'm an addict to wrestling. It's almost like
      drug. I've been down but I have always returned to the ring. It's the
      only thing I know -- working out and wrestling. That's all I've done
      since I was 10," said the former WWF Intercontinetal and Tag Team
      champion. The Bulldog said that he's still on good terms with both WWF
      and WCW. "I don't have a date when I'm back or who I'm going to work
      for, but I will be back one day." The article by staff writer Rick Bell
      hinted that Bulldog will perhaps go back to Titanland and wrestle for
      McMahon again.

      > TAYLOR WANTS THE LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION BACK
      - WWF official Terry Taylor is encouraging the WWF to give life back to
      the LightHeavyweight Division. Taylor was the mind behind most of the
      WCW Cruserweight division, and it's reported that he is looking for new
      talents to join the WWF rankings for the division.

      > AUSTIN ON SCREAM 3?
      - The sequel to Scream 1 and 2, directed by Wes Craven, is rumored to
      have "Stone Cold" Steve Austin on it, which could play a big part in the
      movie. The movie is still in pre-production stages, and shooting will
      start soon. The Scream series was produced by Dimension Films and
      distributed by Mirmax Film Corporation.

      > NOTES FROM THE ROSS REPORT
      - The WWF/MTV partnership is growing, highlighted by WWF Week on MTV on
      August 9. Several WWF-themed programs will be featured. Triple H and
      Chyna are two of the superstars to be featured; Catch a variety of WWF
      superstars on the TV Guide Channel on July 19-25, every half-hour. Great
      promotional tool for July 25’s Fully Loaded on Pay-Per-View; The WWF is
      close in securing a marketing partnership with the National Football
      League; Expect legal action to be filed against Rena Mero regarding the
      "Sable" trademark which the WWF owns. I can’t wait for the depositions
      for this lawsuit and neither can others I’ve spoken with recently.
      Things are not always as they seem. Of course, that’s just my personal
      opinion and I could be wrong (thanks Dennis Miller.) Both Mero’s are
      still under contract to the WWF, if anyone is keeping score; I’m
      personally happy that Paul Heyman’s ECW has a national cable outlet
      starting soon on TNN. ECW, through Paul’s tireless efforts, hard work by
      their wrestlers and a wonderful support by ECW fans deserve a break. I
      wish them luck; The WWF has spoken to several of its performers about
      getting into better physical condition, dropping excess pounds and
      elevating their in-ring work ethic. That’s not too much to ask because
      our fans deserve nothing less and should not accept anything less; By
      the way, morale is super in the WWF locker room, unlike other
      organizations where leadership is weak and too many cooks reside in the
      kitchen. One reaps what one sows, doesn’t one?; No immediate plans for
      Jarrett and Debra to split contrary to what I’ve read; Expect
      significant roster changes within the WWF soon. Some folks,
      unfortunately, are not going to make it…and new arrivals are being
      planned as well; The development of JR’s BBQ sauce is ongoing.
      Seriously. (Jim Ross, WWF.com)

      > SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT PREVIEW
      - The D-O-Double G has got himself a ticket to the Big Show! Will the
      world's largest professional athlete be into kickin' it "Doggy Style?"
      We'll all find out this Sunday
      when the Road Dogg meets the Big Show one-on-one!

      Stone Cold Steve Austin made last Monday night a memorable one by
      capturing the World Wrestling Federation Championship for the
      fourth-time! However, the Rattlesnake didn't have time to celebrate.
      Right after the bell, the Undertaker attacked his nemesis and left him a
      bloody mess in the middle of the ring. This Sunday night, we'll hear
      from the Undertaker about losing the Federation Championship!

      We'll also hear from Stephanie McMahon on HEAT! Last Monday night, GTV
      cameras picked up Stephanie and Test leaving a North Carolina hotel
      together, but not before they shared a kiss! Is there more to this
      relationship than "good friends?"

      The "puppies" are in the house!!! A few weeks ago, Test almost won the
      Intercontinental Championship from Jeff Jarrett...but Debra threw around
      her assets--and influence to get the title back! This Sunday night, Test
      has another chance at becoming Intercontinental Champ!

      It seems almost natural that an adult film star and a grand master Pimp
      playa would hang out. So Val Venis and the Godfather are gonna do just
      that...and hopefully get some revenge on Droz and Prince Albert. The
      holey duo has been a piercing in the side of Val and the Godfather
      lately, and this Sunday night these four are gonna meet in tag team
      action! Plus, we're hearing there may be a special stipulation added on
      to this match!

      For all this and more, tune in to HEAT this Sunday at 7/6c only on USA
      Network! (WWF.com)

      > BISCHOFF MEETS WITH HOGAN AND HART
      - Last Wednesday, Eric Bischoff held a meeting in Chicago, Illinois with
      Bret Hart and Hollywood Hogan. According to Meltzer, among things
      discussed were the future of the company, the current status, booker
      Kevin Nash (Bischoff said Nash has done a great job and is behind his
      plans), the return of both Hogan and Hart. Hart is returning to WCW on
      the 7/5 Georgia Dome Nitro to do an interivew that will basically let us
      know where he stands in the company. Hogan maybe at the same show, but a
      definite return is expected in August. (Joe DeLeon)

      > BONUSES FOR HOUSE SHOWS
      - Joe DeLeon reports that WCW wrestlers are being paid bonuses ranging
      from $250 - $500 for working house shows. Alot of excuses were being
      brought up lately by many of the wrestlers that they are injured, so
      they won't work the shows.

      > NEW VIDEOS FOR WCW
      - More of the popular "Superstar Series" videos will be released in the
      near future. These videos concentrate on one wrestler, showing his
      matches, backstage stuff and exclusive interviews. Next in line to be
      featured are Ric Flair and Hollywood Hogan. Also, WCW will be releasing
      Best Of Uncensored, WCW Mayhem, Best of WCW Superbrawl and Best of WCW
      Starrcade: Part 2.

      > 21 NEW TALENTS FOR WCW
      - WCW has signed 21 new wrestlers in recent weeks to developmental deals
      ranging from $300 to $1,000 per week which tie the wrestler to WCW for
      three years but the company can basically cut the wrestlers at its will.
      The wrestlers are to work security at the Nitros and go to the Power
      Plant five days per week. (Sister Midnight)

      > WCW HOTLINE REPORT
      - Jason Shaya, Reported by: Calvin Martin

      There will be a new WCW US champion crowned this Monday or either next
      Monday. There had been talks that Earnest Miller would get this belt
      however that has been dropped. WCW wants to put the strap on Buff
      Bagwell; Last week there were people in WCW wanting David Flair to win
      the tilte from Nash on Nitro then lose it back to Nash at the Georgia
      Dome Nitro.Nash scrapped the idea. Nash will take on Sid for the title
      at Nitro; There was a random drug test backstage at the WCW Milwaukee
      house show the other day. None of the wrestlers that were tested are
      higher up on the totem pole. This was kind of a morale killer backstage
      in the locker room; The girl who was giving Nash a back massage on
      Thunder was not Gorgeous George. Savage scrapped that idea. It was
      Torrie Wilson; Hogan will not be at Nitro. He is expected to return
      sometime in August where he will do some kind of angle at Road Wild.
      Bret Hart's interview this Monday is expected to be very big and
      something that we will never forget; There has been talk on the internet
      that Hart would come back as the hummer driver but that is not the case.
      He will come back as a good guy and stronger than ever as he will beat
      top opponents in the company to gain some credibility with the fans
      since his tenure in WCW so far he has not beaten any top name talent;
      There is speculation that WCW is looking for a way to reintroduce Lex
      Luger back into WCW storylines so he could very well be the hummer
      driver.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/wrestling-online