    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2010

      Tuesday, May 11 2010 Issue #3281

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/biG1zA

      There was a special character in the WWE news feed of the iPhone app which
      prevented it from loading. It has been fixed so the WWE news should be
      updating now as usual. Sorry about that.

      > WWE'S VP AND GENERAL COUNSEL FIRED
      - Irv Muchnick, author of the "Chris and Nancy" book, is reporting on his
      blog that Jared Bartie, who held the position as WWE's Executive Vice
      President and General Counsel, was fired after a female employee filed a
      sexual harassment complaint during the WrestleMania XXVI weekend. According
      to Muchnick's source, Bartie was drunk when he made the move and originally
      said that he was suspended but a second source confirmed that he was fired.
      Bartie joined WWE in November of 2008 after a move from Bobcats Sports &
      Entertainment, owner of the NBA franchise the Charlotte Bobcats, where he
      served as Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel. This was his
      second stint with WWE as he worked as Vice President, Legal Affairs for the
      now defunct XFL. His profile from the WWE Corporate website was removed
      although a cached version still resides on Google at http://bit.ly/bQmsEA .
      Muchnick also adds that the female employee who filed the complaint - a
      member of the WWE sales department - was fired as well later after she was
      caught having sex on the job with another WWE employee.

      > BRET HART BACK IN THE RING ON MONDAY
      - On his last WWE appearance for the time being, Bret "Hit Man" Hart will
      lace up his boots once again to wrestle on RAW in Toronto, Canada this
      coming week for the U.S. title against The Miz. Miz lost his match against
      Tyson Kidd on RAW yesterday and had to choose a Hart to defend a title
      against on the following week's RAW. The U.S. champ then opted to choose
      Bret. Also announced for next week's show is John Cena vs Sheamus.

      > CENA, BATISTA TO WRESTLE IN AN I QUIT MATCH
      - John Cena and Batista will wrestle each other in an I Quit match on May 23
      at the Over The Limit pay-per-view. This match is expected to be Batista's
      last match with the company for now as he did not sign another contract and
      has been unhappy for the past few months. Batista was pulled from the
      "Killing Karma" movie - now titled "Inside Out" - and the role was given to
      Triple H. The move made Batista even more unhappy but WWE was reluctant to
      give a role to someone who's not going to be under contract when the actual
      movie is going to be released.

      > ASTRONAUT BUZZ ALDRIN GIVEN WWE NICKNAME
      - WWE has given Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin an official name and will be
      guest hosting the commercial free RAW on May 17 from Toronto under the given
      nick name of "Rocket Hero." A press release was sent yesterday announcing
      Aldrin's involvement with the show and the name given to him for the
      occasion. Aldrin spilled the beans on his website last week saying he will
      be hosting the show however quickly pulled down the announcement since WWE
      didn't announce it yet. Rumors are that the company is now running after
      Betty White following her stint on Saturday Night Live last weekend.

      > CENA JOINS TWITTER
      - The champ is here! Joining other WWE Superstars, WWE champion John Cena
      has finally joined the Twitter world and is tweeting under the @WWEJCena
      name. Tons of WWE Superstars and Divas are very active on Twitter and most
      of them all interact with fans when asked questions. Since opening his
      account yesterday and at time of this writing he gathered 16,847 followers.

      > HARDY'S TRIAL PUSHED BACK TO JUNE 3
      - Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net is reporting that the Jeff Hardy trial
      which was supposed to start yesterday has been pushed back yet again to June
      3. Earlier this year, a grand jury indicted Hardy on charges of trafficking
      in opium, two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver a
      controlled substance, maintaining a place for a controlled substance, and a
      misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia. A multi-agency raid
      on Hardy's house on September 11 - one week after leaving WWE - led to his
      arrest and subsequent charges. The case will be heard at the Moore County
      Superior Court.