    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 4:58 AM

      Monday, May 10 2010 Issue #3280

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/biG1zA

      Hello from London Heathrow Terminal 5, where I'm waiting (and waiting) for
      my flight to Seattle. This airport has everything - literally - except a
      free public WiFi that works. In an hour or so I have a ten hour flight
      waiting for me and hopefully I will sleep for at least seven of them. :)

      That's it for now, next time you'll hear from me I'll be somewhere in the
      middle of the ocean heading to Alaska. Remember, the website will still be
      updated as usual so even though you won't hear from me every day the news
      will still be updated.

      > NY TIMES LOOKS AT THE RAW CELEBRITY GUEST HOST CONCEPT
      - The New York Times has a story regarding the RAW guest hosts, a concept
      which started in June of last year to help spice up the ratings by booking
      celebrities to be "in charge" every week. Ryan Phillippe and Maria Menounos
      - two previous RAW guest hosts - were quoted for the story. "It's so much
      fun," Phillippe said. "Who wouldn't want to associate their film, or show,
      with that enthusiastic crowd?" Menounos mentioned that she took wrestling
      classes at a boxing gym in Los Angeles "for weeks" so she could wrestle Beth
      Phoenix on the show. "Beth slammed me against a wall, and before she did it,
      I told her, 'I want you to slam me as hard as you can,'" she said. When it
      was time to return the favor with a kick, Menounos said that the WWE Women's
      champ told her to kick as hard as she can. Triple H and his wife Stephanie
      McMahon were also interviewed for the article. "Vince would hate that I said
      this," she said. "But he and Lorne Michaels are a lot alike. They both have
      a clear vision, and they both know exactly how they want you to execute it,"
      added Stephanie, noting that she calls her father Vince at work and dad at
      home!

      > FANS RIOT AS KHALI NO SHOWS EVENT IN INDIA, PROMOTER ARRESTED
      - The Great Khali might not be the most popular Superstar in WWE in the
      United States, but when it comes to his home country of India, well, he's
      pretty much the best thing there. The Hindustan Times is reporting that
      Khali failed to show up for an event on Sunday evening at the Tau Devi Lal
      Stadium and thousands of fans were so angry that they vandalized the ring
      and electronic display boards which were set up for his appearance. Children
      and women ran for their safety inside the stadium, where about 100 bouncers
      clashed with the spectators. Interesting enough, no police officers were on
      location so fans pretty much tore the place down. Amit Swami, Khali's
      spokesman denied the WWE Superstar had signed with the organizers of the
      event to show up. "We had clarified verbally to the organizers about 10 days
      back that Khali would not be able to attend the event and we also had
      returned them the money," said Swami. The organizers, according to Swami,
      still went ahead and market Khali's name to attract more visitors to the
      event, which also had a fashion show. Later, police officers arrested one of
      the organizers and charged him with cheating and breaching the trust of
      spectators.

      > LAST WRESTLING SHOW FROM MELLON ARENA TONIGHT
      - WWE will be holding RAW tomorrow tonight at the Mellon Arena in
      Pittsburgh, PA., for the last time ever as the 18,000 seater arena is
      scheduled to be demolished this year. Future events will be held at the
      Consol Energy Center just across the street from the Mellon Arena. The arena
      played host to several wrestling shows and pay-per-views in the past and saw
      its fair share of crazy moments including Kurt Angle winning his first WWE
      title with his whole family storming the ring afterward for the celebration
      in 2001 at the Unforgiven pay-per-view.

      > STIPULATION FOR WWE TITLE MATCH TO BE ANNOUNCED TONIGHT
      - The stipulation for the Over The Limit match between John Cena and Batista
      will be revealed tonight on Monday Night RAW by the champion, who last week
      won the "beat the clock" challenge for the rights to choose his own
      stipulation. With this most likely being Batista's last match with the
      company it is rumored that the stipulation will be a loser leaves WWE match.
      Rapper and television star Flavor Flav will be the guest host of tonight's
      show.

      > WWE WRAPS UP MEXICO TOUR
      - WWE wrapped up a five day tour of Mexico yesterday which had eight live
      events visiting Monterrey twice, Aguascalientes, Mexico City twice, Puebla,
      Queretaro and Leon. The tour was a very successful one and generated tons of
      money for the company as they performed in front of sold out crowds most of
      the time. Both RAW and Smackdown brands were part of the tour. Mexico is
      right now the second highest revenue generator for WWE internationally
      behind the United Kingdom.