    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 1:37 PM

      Sunday, May 2 2010 Issue #3274

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      After the success of this year's hotel partner promotion with The
      Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix for WrestleMania XXVI, Wrestling-Online.com has once
      again partnered with The Ritz to bring in a special rate for wrestling fans
      who will be attending WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta.

      Using the promo code WREWREA on The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta website you will
      benefit from a rate of just $159 per night, a big discount from the rate of
      $395 that the hotel will charge during that period.

      Situated in downtown Atlanta, GA, The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta features 444
      elegantly appointed guest rooms, including 22 suites with bay window views
      of the downtown Atlanta skyline. It is also just a mile away from all the
      sites being used at the 'Mania weekend - the Georgia Dome for WrestleMania
      XXVII, the Philips Arena for the Hall of Fame and Monday Night RAW and the
      Georgia World Congress Center for Axxess.

      The block of rooms locked with that rate start on Thursday, March 31 2011
      and go till Monday, April 4 2011. A very limited number of rooms before and
      after those dates are also available with the same price for those who will
      be going early or staying longer for sightseeing.

      Rooms in the block will be sold on first come first served basis and the
      hotel might - or might not - add more rooms at that rate depending on the
      demand.

      You can get more information about the promotion and book at
      http://bit.ly/wmania27 . While a credit card is required to confirm
      reservation no fee will be charged until you check out.

      > BUBBA "THE LOVE SPONGE" FIRED FROM TNA
      - Much to the enjoyment of the majority of people, Bubba "The Love Sponge"
      was fired on Friday from TNA Wrestling. The close, personal friend of Hulk
      Hogan was given the pink slip after he continued his personal attacks on
      former TNA Knockouts champion Awesome Kong. Kong showed up on the Mr.
      Cowhead radio show mid this week and Bubba was in the same studio with the
      hosts, something that Kong didn't know. Mid way through the interview, Bubba
      jumped in and the two went into a war of words with each other, calling her
      a "fake bitch," a "big fake black bitch," a "dumb bitch" and a "little pussy
      bitch" after she challenged him to meet her so they settle the score "face
      to face." Kong eventually hung up saying she didn't "sign up for this."
      Bubba - real name Todd Clem - said on his Twitter that he was going to leave
      anyway but TNA "fired the first shot." Replying to the news of his release,
      Kong said, "Karma is a b**ch... named Kong!!!!" You can listen to the
      interview at cowheadradio.com.

      > JR'S TALENT CONTRACT EXPIRES
      - Jim Ross' talent contract with World Wrestling Entertainment came to an
      end on Friday after a 17 year run with the company. In his latest blog, the
      WWE Hall of Famer explained that he is still employed with WWE doing
      administrative things related to talent functions however his on air deal is
      out of the window. "The WWE engaged in talks with me on Thursday of this
      week to discuss a new job description that would include what I am now doing
      along with other talent relations oriented matters," Ross added. "I am
      considering this offer and I trust that a decision will be made soon
      regarding this opportunity."

      > FREE TICKETS TO RAW AT NICKELBACK CONCERTS
      - Nickelback - the band whose song "Burn It To The Ground" is the theme song
      for Monday Night RAW - will be giving away a pair of tickets to RAW
      throughout May and June. The winners will also get a signed Nickelback photo
      and a copy of their latest album titled Dark Hourse. To participate and for
      a list of rules you can go to
      http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/freestuff/contest.aspx?contestID=97

      > ARTWORK FOR RICKY STEAMBOAT DVD
      - WWE has released the artwork of the upcoming Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
      triple disc DVD which will be out for sale on June 29. Titled "Ricky
      Steamboat: The Life Story Of The Dragon," the DVD will feature the usual
      sit-down documentary style feature on the first disc and several matches
      from his long career on discs two and three. The artwork has Steamboat
      dressed in his WWE dragon gimmick attire blowing fire from the ring. You can
      check it out at http://bit.ly/9OqmsS

      > JBL ATTENDS THE WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS' DINNER
      - Hundreds of celebrities, journalists and political figures attended
      yesterday's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner at the Washington
      Hilton in Washington, DC, and one former WWE champion was present at the
      event as well. John "Bradshaw" Layfield accompanied his wife Meredith
      Whitney, a prominent banking analyst and frequent contributor to CNBC and
      Fox Business Channel. Joining them on the table was Academy Award winner
      Michael Douglas. All of them were guests of FORTUNE Magazine according to
      Politico.com.

      > STU HART DOCUMENTARY RELEASED
      - An independent documentary titled "Surviving The Dungeon: The Legacy Of
      Stu Hart" has been produced by Blake Norton and is now available for free
      download from www.TheWrestlingDungeon.com. The film is furnished with
      footage from the original Stampede Wrestling and features over 90 minutes of
      original interviews and training footage with Stu Hart, his wife Helen,
      children Ross, Bruce and Georgia Hart, as well as grandson Harry "David
      Hart" Smith. There are also extras, including a discussion on wrestling
      psychology, an overview of training history narrated by Ross Hart, and a
      practice match from The Dungeon itself between current WWE Tag Team
      Champions Harry Smith and T.J. "Tyson Kidd" Wilson from back when both were
      just teenagers. All the profits from the original release were donated to
      St. Vincent De Paul charity on Stu's behalf, and everyone who contributed to
      the film, including photographer Bob Leonard and Bill Cubitt, did so without
      charge.