    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2010

      Friday, April 9 2010 Issue #3256

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      Not much going on today...back later.

      > GOLDBERG TALKS ABOUT POSSIBLY BEING AT WRESTLEMANIA XXVII
      - In an interview with ESPN, former WCW champion Bill Goldberg said that the
      chance of him being at WrestleMania XXVII next year in Atlanta at the
      Georgia Dome exists and it's not "out of the realm of possibility." Goldberg
      mentioned that he and Hogan put 43,000 people in the Dome years ago within
      three days of notice for a match that he won where he also took the WCW
      title away from the Hulkster during an episode of Nitro. "I've got a fairly
      big following in Atlanta," he said. Goldberg also added that he's
      negotiating with WWE for a merchandise deal so his young son could have his
      updated action figure. "The doors are kind of open to negotiation as far as
      a merchandising deal. If it leads to something else? It's a wonderful day,"
      he told ESPN. "If not, I'm totally content with the way I went out. To be
      able to get merchandise out there not only satiates the fans but hopefully
      there have been a lot of people wondering where my merchandise is. The
      reason why I want to do this is my boy; just trying to be a good father."

      > THE ROCK TAKES TOP SPOT IN UK AS FAVORITE WRESTLER
      - Viagogo, Europe's leading ticket exchange website, conducted a poll to see
      the UK's favorite wrestler, coinciding with the WWE WrestleMana Revenge Tour
      that is currently ongoing. Former WWE champion Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was
      voted by Viagogo users as the the top favorite wrestler even though he
      hasn't wrestled since 2004. Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, The Undertaker and Triple
      H rounded up spots two to five in the list. Edward Parkinson, Director of
      Viagogo UK said, "WWE's popularity in the UK remains high as we have seen
      huge demand for tickets for the forthcoming Revenge tour. It is great to see
      that current WWE wrestlers can hold their own against some of the biggest
      wrestlers of all time."

      > TWO GUEST HOSTS ANNOUNCED FOR RAW
      - TV star and member of the rap group Public Enemy, Flavor Flav will be
      guest hosting Monday Night RAW on May 10 in Pittsburgh. He has appeared on a
      few VH1 reality TV shows including The Surreal Life, Strange Love and Flavor
      of Love. Meanwhile actor Jon Lovitz, who was part of the Saturday Night Live
      cast and appeared in several movies and TV shows, will be hosting RAW in
      Toledo on May 24.

      > WWE SPENT $1 MILLION TO "EDUCATE" POLITICIANS
      - The Stamford Advocate has a story about how World Wrestling Entertainment
      spent $1.06 million over the past ten years lobbying the House, Senate and
      federal agencies, according to disclosure forms filed with Congress. Out of
      that million, $50,000 went to Hartford-based Sullivan & LeShane to lobby
      Governor M. Jodi Rell's administration and the state legislature while WWE
      worked to secure more than $2 million in film and television production
      credits. At least $100,000 were spent lobbying firms in 2001 and 2002 to
      convince lawmakers and the Defense Department about the benefits to
      advertise during WWE television shows. $340,000 were delivered to Washington
      lobbying firm K&L Gates in 2007 and 2008 to help the WWE navigate a
      congressional investigation of steroid use in sports. The company however
      seems to have stopped the type of approach as no spending was reported
      between 2003 and 2006 and none in 2009.