    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010

      Thursday February 11 2010 Issue #3213

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      Nothing to say today...back later.

      FREE magazine at http://www.thewrestlingpress.com
      "Fast forward to January and Wolfe finds himself back in England for a TNA
      tour that will see him receive two shots at the TNA World Heavyweight title
      held by AJ Styles. He's got a few problems though has Mr, Wolfe. "It's
      miserable. Grey skies, rain and no offers of sex so far"...Desmond Wolfe and
      Cody Deaner interviews in the latest edition of FREE online magazine The
      Wrestling Press. Also includes Decade in Review, Lack of Diversity, Hogan,
      Hart and a whole lot more.

      > WWE ANNOUNCES 4Q 2009 EARNINGS RESULTS
      - Earlier today WWE announced the financial results for its fourth quarter
      ended December 31, 2009. Revenues totaled $117.3 million as compared to
      $125.4 million in the prior year quarter. Operating income was $17.8 million
      as compared to $23.3 million in the prior year quarter. Net income was $11.2
      million, or $0.15 per share, as compared to $13.6 million, or $0.18 per
      share, in the prior year quarter. Live events, pay-per-view, venue
      merchandise, TV rights, magazine, and WWE.COM all registered a slight
      increase over the prior year quarter while Classics On Demand, home video,
      licensing, WWEshop.com and WWE Studios had less income than the same period
      last year. You can read the full report at
      http://corporate.wwe.com/documents/PressReleaseQ4092.11FINAL.pdf

      > BASIL DEVITO JOINS WWE'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
      - Long-time WWE employee Basil DeVito has been elected to the WWE's Board of
      Directors after twenty five years of service. DeVito first joined the
      company in 1985 creating the first marketing team and held different posts
      throughout the years including Chief Operating Officer from January 1997
      through June 1998. He was also the President of XFL and since 2003 he has
      served as Senior Advisor of Business Strategies.

      > SURVIVOR SERIES FAILS TO SURVIVE
      - During the conference call held today with members of the media, Vince
      McMahon announced that the Survivor Series will be dropped from pay-per-view
      and replaced with a different name. This is the first time that one of the
      original four pay-per-views will be getting cut from the company's calendar.
      The concept of the Survivor Series started in 1987 and it is the second
      longest running PPV in WWE history after WrestleMania. The first four
      Survivor Series show were held on Thanksgiving eve, a very popular night for
      professional wrestling back in the day. In 1991 the show moved to the usual
      Sunday night slot and throughout the years the all five on five or four on
      four traditional Survivor Series matches were replaced by one on ones and
      only a couple of elimination matches on the card. This year's Survivor
      Series was supposed to be held in Miami at the American Airlines Arena.

      > EIGHT GIMMICK PPV'S PROPOSED TO FANS IN A POLL
      - With WWE killing off the Survivor Series, an e-mail was sent out this
      morning to fans...we mean WWE Universe, to see which type of pay-per-view
      would they prefer to see in the future. Eight proposed events were listed
      included tournament style ala King of The Ring, Street Fight, Legends, Money
      In The Bank, Draft, Battle Bowl with two rings, Roulette or War Games with
      two rings and two cages. The Battle Bowl and War Games are obviously
      concepts from the WCW. You can participate in the survey by going to
      http://www.wweresearch.com/se.ashx?s=0B8801401E2BC294

      > MCMAHON LABELED AS "HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF BRANDING"
      - Vince McMahon was labeled the "Heavyweight champion of branding" in an
      article on the Forbes.com website. While both WWE and the WrestleMania event
      failed to make it on Forbes Fab 40 - the ranking of the world's top sports
      brands - McMahon's success as a wrestling promoter and what he transformed
      his company into is no easy feat. "The guy has an incredible knack for
      building brands," Forbes reporter Peter J. Schwartz wrote. "Granted, not all
      of them work out; remember the XFL or World Bodybuilding Federation? But
      with wrestling, he's had the Midas touch." The article noted the success of
      last year's WrestleMania with $64 million in revenue from pay TV, gate
      receipts, sponsorships and merchandise sales, including 350,000 DVD sales.
      That's more gross revenue than the Indianapolis 500 and the per-day average
      of the NBA Finals and Bowl Championship Series. You can read the article at
      http://bit.ly/bzkb9R

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW did a 3.6 rating for this week's show guest hosted by
      Carl Edwards off hours 3.48 and 3.69. That is the same number the show
      pulled the past two weeks. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and
      put online by PWInsider.com)