    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010

      Monday February 1 2010 Issue #3206

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      Ah so glad Edge is back. Simply put, the guy just rules. Hopefully he'll get
      his first main event victory at a WrestleMania this year.

      > SHEAMUS, TAKER RETAIN TITLES, EDGE WINS
      - The Rated R Superstar is back and yesterday booked an express ticket to
      the main event of WrestleMania XXVI. Edge, along with Batista, Cena and
      Michaels, were the final four in the Rumble. Batista threw Shawn Michaels
      out and then Cena eliminated Batista but Edge got the victory after
      eliminating his old rival Cena to win his first Royal Rumble. In other
      matches from the show, Christian defeated Ezekiel to retain the ECW title;
      The Miz defeated MVP to retain the U.S. title in a match that was added
      during the pay-per-view; Sheamus retained the WWE Championship after Randy
      Orton got disqualified thanks to the interference of Cody Rhodes. DiBiase
      saved Rhodes and Orton turned the tables on him as well until Sheamus came
      back and kicked Orton; Mickie James defeated Michelle McCool quickly to
      become the new Divas champ; Undertaker defeated Rey Mysterio to retain his
      World Heavyweight title.

      > EDGE BACK EARLY FROM INJURY
      - Just like John Cena did last year, WWE surprised us with a late entry and
      the injured Edge made his return by winning the 2010 Royal Rumble. Edge has
      been out since early July with a torn Achilles tendon which he suffered
      during a match against Jeff Hardy. After surgery he was scheduled to be out
      till just before WrestleMania, in time to get in a program against his
      former tag team partner and title holder Chris Jericho. Edge was the 29th
      entry in the Rumble and eliminated Jericho and Cena.

      > WRESTLEMANIA OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED FOR ATLANTA
      - WWE, the Atlanta Sports Council and the Georgia World Congress Center
      Authority today announced that WrestleMania XXVII will be taking place at
      the Georgia Dome in Atlanta on Sunday, April 3, 2011. A press conference was
      held at Noon today at the Georgia Dome which was attended by the Honorable
      Mayor Kasim Reed, Atlanta Sports Council President Gary Stokan,
      Commissioner, Georgia Department of Economic Development Ken Stewart and
      Atlanta Falcons President Rich McKay as well as WWE Chairman and CEO Vince
      McMahon, John Cena, Batista, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Mark Henry and WWE
      Divas Kelly Kelly and Eve. "Atlanta has a long-standing reputation of
      hosting the highest level of sports and entertainment events and adding
      WrestleMania XXVII to the list is a major coup for our great city," said The
      Honorable Kasim Reed, Mayor of Atlanta. "We've built our reputation on
      over-delivering for such prestigious events like the Olympics, Super Bowls,
      NCAA Final Fours and All Star Games. WrestleMania will further showcase
      Atlanta as one of the leading sports and entertainment capitals of the world
      and will bring substantial economic impact to Atlanta and the state of
      Georgia." This will mark the first time that Atlanta, the former
      headquarters for WCW, will hold WrestleMania. "We are thrilled to bring the
      biggest sports entertainment event in the world for the first time to the
      city of Atlanta in 2011. The enthusiasm of the sellout crowd at last night's
      Royal Rumble was just a small sample of what to expect when WrestleMania
      XXVII takes over Atlanta," said Vince McMahon. "We look forward to focusing
      the eyes of the world onto the great city of Atlanta and making history at
      the Georgia Dome." You can see two photos from the press conference which
      also include the logo of WrestleMania at http://bit.ly/boMCX7

      > LOCATIONS FOR WRESTLEMANIA WEEK EVENTS IN ATLANTA
      - Locations for the Axxess, Hall of Fame and RAW following WrestleMania in
      2011 have been announced. Axxess, which will span over a period of four
      days, will take place at the Georgia World Congress Center. The Hall of Fame
      and RAW will both take place at the Philips Arena, the site of yesterday's
      Royal Rumble pay-per-view. A WrestleMania Art auction will also be taking
      place during the week as well as a Celebrity Pro-Am Golf Tournament.

      > SHATNER TO HOST RAW, BRET HART BACK
      - Actor William Shatner will be hosting tonight's Monday Night RAW live from
      Nashville, TN. Shatner is no stranger to WWE television as he did an angle
      on RAW back in 1995 with Bret Hart and Jerry Lawler and also inducted Lawler
      into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007. Speaking of Bret Hart, the "Hit Man" will
      also return to face Vince McMahon tonight after WWE Chairman Vince McMahon
      invited him back following the January 4 RAW where McMahon delivered a low
      blow to Hart during the final moments of the broadcast.

      > JACK BRISCO PASSES AWAY
      - WWE Hall of Famer and former NWA World champion Jack Brisco passed away
      earlier today at the age of 68. PWInsider.com reports that Brisco was having
      health issues after a triple heart bypass several weeks ago which might have
      contributed to his death although nothing official has been reported yet.
      Brisco held several titles during his long career with his most important
      one being defeating Harley Race to win the NWA title in Houston, TX., on
      July 20, 1973. He then lost the title to Terry Funk on December 10, 1975,
      which fueled the feud between him and his brother Jerry against Terry and
      Dory Funk Jr. Jack, along with Jerry, were inducted into the WWE Hall of
      Fame in 2008.

      > ANTONIO INOKI ANNOUNCED FOR THE HALL OF FAME
      - Antonio Inoki has been announced as the first one to be inducted into the
      2010 WWE Hall of Fame. The announcement came on the Japanese version of
      WWE.COM. The sixty six year old founder of the New Japan Pro Wrestling
      promotion won the WWF title in November 1979 in a match against Bob Backlund
      in Japan however his title reign is not recognized in the WWE history books
      as the match was later declared a no-contest after interference from Tiger
      Jeet Singh. The title was declared vacant after Inoki refused it and
      Backlund went on to win it again two weeks later against a different
      opponent. Inoki had several memorable appearances in the wrestling world
      with the biggest one most likely being wrestling Ric Flair in North Korea.
      That event, co-promoted by WCW, saw the Japanese and North Korean
      governments hold a two day wrestling event for peace which drew 150,000 and
      190,000 fans respectively. Inoki also had a mixed martial arts fight against
      boxing legend Muhammad Ali in Tokyo which ended up in a 3-3 draw after
      several rule changes before the worked match.