    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010

      Sunday January 3 2010 Issue #3184

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      Welcome to the first issue of 2010! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve
      celebration.

      I'm really looking forward to RAW tomorrow night and I must say it's the
      first time I've said that in a loooooooong time. Seeing Bret back on WWE TV
      will be kinda surreal. It felt like that when I was there in person when he
      was inducted at the Hall of Fame ceremony in 2006 but this will be
      different. There was no interaction there between him and other Superstars,
      something which we will definitely see over the next four months. I just
      hope they don't blow this angle like they did with the Invasion angle!

      > SHANE MCMAHON DEPARTS WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT
      - There is one less McMahon running around at the WWE world headquarters in
      Stamford, CT., as Shane McMahon, the former Executive Vice President of
      Global Media, wrapped up his WWE duties on December 31 and no longer with
      the company as of January 1. McMahon announced his shocking resignation on
      October 16 and wrote a letter to the WWE fans which was posted on the
      WWE.COM website saying it was the right time to pursue other ventures in his
      life. Shane became the second McMahon to depart WWE following his mother's
      resignation to run for the U.S. Senate. Throughout his WWE tenure, Shane
      held several responsibilities within the company, starting in his teenage
      years including stocking the company's warehouse and then eventually
      becoming a member of the ring crew, a referee and a ring announcer. In
      mid-November, McMahon met with UFC President Dana White fueling more
      speculation that he will be joining the UFC in an executive role.

      > MATTEL RINGS IN NEW YEAR WITH WWE LICENSE
      - January 1 marked a new era in the WWE action figures history as
      world-renowned toy maker Mattel officially takes over the license for WWE
      toys from JAKKS Pacific. JAKKS Pacific took over the license in 1996 but
      Mattel - makers of Barbie, Matchbox and Hot Wheels - gained the license
      after a bid in February 2008. The new agreement with Mattel covers all
      global territories and they can develop and market products in a wide
      variety of toy categories such as action figures, accessories and playsets,
      games and puzzles, activity toys, plush products, vehicles, and role play
      products. Mattel is the fourth company to gain the license after LJN, Hasbro
      and JAKKS.

      > JOHN MORRISON: ROCK STAR DVD PREVIEW
      - On February 16, WWE will release the first John Morrison DVD titled Rock
      Star. This will be a double disc set that will chronicle Morrison's rise to
      fame in WWE from his early days to his current gimmick. The first disc will
      be a one hour sit down documentary with comments from Morrison, The Miz,
      Melina, HBK, Shawn Michaels, Joey Mercury, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, Rey
      Mysterio and others. The second disc will be a compilation of some of his
      best matches. Morrison - real name John Hennigan - started in the WWE with
      the Tough Enough III reality TV show on MTV eventually winning the
      competition with Matt Cappotelli and in 2004 he moved to Monday Night RAW
      and has been a regular ever since. You can see a preview of the DVD which
      shows Morrison doing impressive free running at http://bit.ly/79luYa

      > ACTORS FROM TV SHOW PSYCH TO HOST RAW ON 1/25
      - Two guest hosts were announced for the January 25 Monday Night RAW as USA
      Network's Psych actors James Roday and Dule Hill will be "running the show"
      from Columbus, OH. The duo will be there to promote Psych as two days after
      RAW, former WWE champ John Cena will be joining them for one of the episodes
      of season four.

      > DIXIE CARTER SAYS HOGAN'S JOB IS TO GET TNA OVER
      - TNA President Dixie Carter did an interview with British tabloid newspaper
      The Sun regarding tomorrow's live iMPACT! with the debut of Hulk Hogan.
      Carter talked about the negotiations with Hogan saying only three people
      were aware of the discussions and the night before the announcement another
      seven more were alerted to fly to New York and prepare the graphics but no
      one else knew about it until the press conference. "In wrestling, if you
      want to keep something a secret then you can't tell anybody," Carter
      explained. Dixie added that Hogan's involvement with TNA will include
      everything, from looking at new talent to the way the company films their TV
      shows. "His job is to get TNA over," she said, noting that "making sure Hulk
      Hogan is getting over" is not exactly his job. You can read the interview at
      http://bit.ly/8Pxp5w

      > LESNAR'S FUTURE TO BE POSSIBLY DECIDED NEXT WEEK
      - Brock Lesnar's future will be made a bit more clear next week as the
      reigning UFC Heavyweight champion will be meeting doctors to evaluate his
      progress since undergoing surgery in November to fix an intestinal tract
      infection. Lesnar faces a much more complicated surgery if things aren't in
      good working order which would push Lesnar to either retire or place him on
      the shelf for a few years. "If the doctors say things are going well and
      things are going in the right direction, then maybe we're a few months away.
      If it's not, and he'll have to retire, or he'll be out for a couple of
      years," said UFC President Dana White when addressing the Lesnar issue
      yesterday. In the meantime, UFC also announced that another interim
      Heavyweight title will be created and Shane Carwin will meet Frank Mir to
      decide who will then unify the belt assuming Lesnar returns. The fight will
      happen on March 27 at UFC 111, just one day before WrestleMania. The
      undefeated Carwin was supposed to meet Lesnar last November and Mir - who
      doesn't like Lesnar one bit - is trying to avenge the loss he suffered at
      UFC 100 against Brock.