    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2009

      Thursday December 17 2009 Issue #3177

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      Nothing to say today....back later.

      > BRET HART SINGS NEW SHORT TERM DEAL WITH WWE
      - In a blockbuster move, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting
      that WWE Hall of Famer Bret "Hit Man" Hart signed a short term deal with
      World Wrestling Entertainment from January 1 through April 10, 2010. This
      will probably be WWE's answer to Hulk Hogan making his debut on TNA on
      January 4 with the slot for a guest host on that night still unannounced for
      RAW. Hart last appeared in person at a WWE event at the 2006 Hall of Fame to
      accept the honor however he did not show up the next day at WrestleMania as
      all Hall of Famers do. Hart then appeared via video in June of 2007 on RAW
      when it was Mr McMahon Appreciation Night. On RAW this past Monday Night,
      the name of the "Hit Man" was brought up by guest host Dennis Miller when he
      said he would like to see the former champ as an upcoming guest host. Vince
      McMahon said last time Bret was around, "Bret screwed Bret" and then walked
      off.

      > SHEAMUS EATS THE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT AFTER RAW GOES OFF THE AIR
      - After Monday Night RAW went off the air this week, the newly crowned WWE
      champion Sheamus continued to taunt John Cena from the ramp and then
      eventually made his way to the ring. After ignoring the referee's orders to
      Cena however Cena ducked and hit the Attitude Adjustment on the champ as the
      fans exploded. Cena then celebrated in the ring before heading to the back.
      You can check out the video at http://bit.ly/5fAHuA

      > WHITE HOUSE NOT HAPPY WITH WWE PRESS RELEASE AND LINDA MCMAHON
      - The White House was not happy with the press release that WWE sent out and
      the comments that former CEO Linda McMahon made on her Linda2010.com website
      regarding the association of the President with the Tribute To The Troops
      special that will air on NBC. A White House spokesman said that President
      Obama did not tape a message exclusively for WWE like George W. Bush did
      last year but it is a general greeting to the troops that was made available
      to multiple outlets and it never mentions WWE once. Linda McMahon,
      associating herself for the first time with WWE since she resigned, said on
      her blog, "I'm very happy to hear the President and General Petraeus will
      send a holiday message to our armed forces on WWE's Tribute to the Troops
      special on NBC." After the White House spokesman shot down the personalized
      greeting, McMahon's campaign manager Ed Patru continued to promote it as it
      was only done for WWE. "The President's involvement with WWE underscores
      what we've been saying all along - WWE is broadly recognized as a company
      that for years has made tremendous contributions to the community, to the
      state of Connecticut and to men and women in uniform," he said.

      > MCMAHON GIVES "RECORD" SALARY FOR CAMPAIGN MANAGER IN CONNECTICUT
      - CQPolitics.com has a story online how Linda McMahon, former Chief
      Executive Officer of World Wrestling Entertainment, is paying a salary of
      $280,000 to her campaign manager David Cappiello noting it's likely a record
      for campaigns in Connecticut. By the end of September, McMahon splashed a
      whopping $3.5 million of her own money into the campaign to unseat Sen.
      Christopher J. Dodd (D) in the upcoming U.S. Senate elections in the state
      of Connecticut. Federal Election Commission records showed McMahon funded
      about $135,000 in political consulting and she may spend up to $50 million
      to boost her bid.

      > VODAFONE AND SKY NEW ZEALAND LAUNCH WWE ON MOBILE TV
      - If you're a WWE fan, live in New Zealand and use Vodafone as your cellular
      provider then you'll be happy to know that you can now see WWE on your
      mobile. Vodafone and SKY today confirmed the addition of five new Mobile TV
      channels to their line up including World Wrestling Entertainment, which
      joins other channels such as Disney, Discovery Channel, MTV, E! and others.
      SKY Mobile TV on Vodafone is available for $2.50 a week for all 14 channels
      available. It is not clear what kind of shows will be airing on the WWE
      channel as no schedule was announced.

      > CHRISTY HEMME ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
      - Former RAW Diva Search winner, Playboy cover girl and current TNA Knockout
      has announced her retirement from the ring during an episode of her RHS
      CHemme Podcast. Hemme said that while she's hanging up her boots she will
      still be working for TNA Wrestling in other capacities. Hemme cited the
      possibility of re-injuring her neck as an explanation and while she feels
      healthy and perfectly fine she didn't want to risk it. Hemme has been
      working for TNA Wrestling since April 2006 after she was released from her
      WWE contract in late 2005.