    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009

      Wednesday December 16 2009 Issue #3176

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      The free version of the W-O iPhone app has been removed from sale for the
      time being so we concentrate on the Heavyweight app. Updating both versions
      was going to be very, very costly and with no return investment from the
      free version it was impossible to continue doing both. It might return in
      the future with limited features (no video/audio etc) but for now the
      Heavyweight app is the only one which will be supported and available to
      download. If you are using the free version we kindly ask to update to the
      other app from the iTunes store. It only costs 99 cents. The free version
      will still work (for now) for those who have it but will not be updated in
      the future.

      We have added a comments box on each article on the website where you'll be
      able to put your own comments on any story you want. If you have a Facebook
      account you can simply log on with your Facebook credentials.

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW did a 3.3 composite rating for the three hour show this
      week and a 3.5 in its usual timeslot. Hour one did 2.95 followed by 3.48 in
      the second and a drop to 3.44 in the third hour. We guess not too many
      people were interested to see the fall out from the TLC pay-per-view!
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > JOHNNY DAMON TO HOST RAW NEXT WEEK
      - Free agent Major League Baseball outfielder Johnny Damon will be hosting
      Monday Night RAW next week from Tampa Bay, FL. The two time World Series
      champ and two time MLB All-Star will be bringing a few secret Santas along
      for this Christmas edition of the show. Timbaland will be hosting the final
      RAW of 2009.

      > AND THE SLAMMY AWARD GOES TO...
      - The Slammy Awards were given out on Monday during a three hour broadcast
      of Monday Night RAW which was hosted by Dennis Miller. In total there were
      nine categories and the winners are: "Superstar Of The Year" went to John
      Cena; "Diva Of The Year" to Maria; "Oh My Moment Of The Year" to Michael
      Cole; "Extreme Moment Of The Year" went to Jeff Hardy; Bob Barker won "Guest
      Host Of The Year"; "Match Of The Year" went to Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels;
      "Shocker Of The Year" to CM Punk; "Breakout Star Of The Year" to the current
      WWE champ Sheamus; Big Show and Chris Jericho won "Tag Team Of The Year."

      > MCMAHON NAMED IN CABLEFAX TOP 100 PEOPLE IN CABLE
      - WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon was named in the CableFAX Top 100
      people in the cable industry, placing in the 40th place. Noting the absence
      of his wife and CEO Linda and the soon departure of his son Shane, CableFAX
      wrote that WWE's stellar cable ratings continued in 2009 to help USA Network
      win the overall war while revenue for live and TV events rose 13%. Looking
      at the year ahead, the mag listed, "If the record $52 million in gross sales
      for WrestleMania '09 didn't prove WWE is recession resistant, would a shot
      to the solar plexus convince you?"

      > PRESIDENT OBAMA TAPES MESSAGE FOR TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS
      - Just like his predecessor did last year, U.S. President Barack Obama has
      taped a Holiday message to the troops which will air during Saturday's
      Tribute To The Troops one hour special on NBC. In addition, General David H.
      Petraeus, the Commander for U.S. Central Command has also taped a message
      for the troops. Last year, George W. Bush opened the show with a message
      from the Oval Office at the White House thanking WWE for supporting the
      military and saluting the troops. This year WWE only spent three days in
      Iraq although their whole journey took them a week.

      > FOZZY'S LATEST SINGLE ON ITUNES
      - Chris Jericho's band Fozzy released their latest single titled "Martyr No
      More" today and the song is available on iTunes for download. The band's new
      album "Chasing The Grail," will be released on January 26 from Riot!
      Entertainment. The new single is one of the official theme songs chosen for
      the upcoming Royal Rumble. The band Fozzy consists of Jericho along with
      members of Stuck Mojo including Rich Ward, Sean Delson, Mike Martin, and
      Frank Fontsere. The official website for the band is at Fozzyrock.com.