    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009

      Monday November 30 2009 Issue #3166

      Download the new W-O iPhone App http://bit.ly/2r87j8

      I know we have a lot of US military personnel on the list...if WWE is coming
      your way this week for the Tributes show we'd love to hear from ya. Send all
      your notes to editor@... and make sure you include your
      name.

      > WWE ANNOUNCES FIVE YEAR EXTENSION DEAL WITH BSKYB
      - WWE today announced that it has extended its television rights contract
      with British Sky Broadcasting in the UK for another five years, taking the
      partnership into its milestone twenty-fifth year. BSkyB is one of the most
      important partners for WWE outside North America. The new deal kicks off in
      January 2010 with the satellite provider airing ten and a half first run
      hours of WWE shows including RAW, Smackdown, ECW, Bottom Line, AfterBurn,
      Vintage Collection and This Week in WWE. WWE Experience and WWE Superstars
      will start airing on Sky1 also in high definition. Eight of the thirteen
      pay-per-views including the big four will be airing on Sky Box Office for a
      fee while the rest will air on Sky Sports. "The new agreement sees our
      broadcast partnership with BSkyB reach a history-making 25 years; there is
      no greater testimony to the mutually beneficial nature of our relationship.
      It has been pivotal to WWE reaching the new heights of popularity we now
      enjoy in the UK. We look forward to continuing to grow our brand presence
      with BSkyB," said Andrew Whitaker, President of Europe, Middle East and
      Africa for WWE. Sky Sports Managing Director, Barney Francis, added, "Our
      relationship with WWE goes back many years, since our network began in 1989.
      WWE fans have grown up watching all the big events and weekly programmes on
      Sky. We are delighted to once again extend our relationship and offer our
      viewers the globally renowned sports entertainment which is WWE for another
      five years - and all available in high definition."

      > BALTIMORE COURT ROOM BOOKED FOR RAW SEGMENTS
      - WWE booked a court room in Baltimore today to film segments in the
      afternoon that will be airing during Monday Night RAW later on tonight
      involving Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Hornswoggle. PWInsider.com reports
      that the company also put out a call for vertically challenged individuals
      to be part of the segment which will see Hornswoggle fighting against DX
      following the Pedigree he received a couple of weeks ago. Tonight's RAW is
      hosted by Vernon Troyer, best known for his role of Mini Me in the Austin
      Powers movies.

      > NEW TNA VIDEO GAME LICENSE HOLDERS ANNOUNCE FIRST GAME
      - SouthPeak Interactive, the new license holders for TNA video games, issued
      a press release today announcing the new TNA iMPACT: Cross The Line video
      game for PSP and Nintendo DS later this winter. "Their unique take on
      professional wrestling has captivated a continually growing fan base of
      millions of people across the world," said Richard Iggo, VP of Marketing for
      SouthPeak. "We look forward to giving those fans the opportunity to go head
      to head with all their favorite TNA superstars on the go, on either the PSP
      system or Nintendo DS." The game will also feature wireless head to head
      play on the handheld devices. Midway Games held the license before they
      filed for bankruptcy and were taken over by Warner Bros. Interactive
      Entertainment however the sale did not include the TNA deal.

      > DWAYNE JOHNSON AT CNN HEROES EVENT
      - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson attended the CNN Heroes event which was held at
      the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, CA., last week and presented CNN Hero Brad
      Blauser with an award for his "Wheelchairs for Iraqi Kids" program. The
      former WWE champion was there along with tons of other A-list celebrities
      including Masi Oka, Eva Mendes, Nicole Kidman, Leona Lewis, Randy Jackson,
      Neil Patrick Harris, Carrie Underwood and others. You can see photos of The
      Rock from the show at http://bit.ly/4psk2J

      > HOGAN'S SON NICK IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN LOS ANGELES
      - Hulk Hogan's son Nick was involved in yet another car accident in Los
      Angeles, CA., however this time it was only classified as a minor accident.
      There were no injuries stemming from the accident which happened on Saturday
      night in downtown LA according to TMZ.COM and police did not file a report
      although they were on the scene. Ironically enough Nick was coming back from
      a charity event to raise money for an organization called "Keep It On The
      Track" that teaches people to drive safely. Ooops! The youngest in the Hogan
      family was involved in a major car crash in August 2007 which put his friend
      John Graziano in bed for life with permanent brain damage.