    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009

      Saturday October 31 2009 Issue #3147
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      You can win two Smackdown vs RAW 2010 Xbox 360 games this week if you answer
      a very simple question that is available on the latest edition of Ringside
      with Ian Hamilton and Adam Firestorm. Yesterday we were joined by THQ game
      designer Bryan Williams to discuss the new game and to celebrate the release
      of the game we have to copies up for grabs. Simply listen to the show and
      send your answer to editor@... with your name and home
      address. This competition is only available to residents in the USA and
      Canada since both games are NTSC versions. You can listen to yesterday's
      show at http://www.theringsidelive.com

      Happy Halloween!

      > NEW RAW THEME FROM NICKELBACK
      - A new RAW theme song will kick off the broadcast this coming Monday night
      as Nickelback's "Burn It to the Ground" has been chosen to replace the
      current song "To Be Loved" by Papa Roach. "Burn It to the Ground" is the
      fourth U.S. single from Nickelback's sixth studio album Dark Horse. The song
      is also featured in the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen soundtrack and
      the Kansas City Royals and Colorado Rockies use it during their home games.
      UFC's Ben Rothwell used the song during his entrance last week at UFC 106.
      The previous theme, "To Be Loved" has been the theme song for RAW since
      October 2006.

      > KOFI KINGSTON JOINS DX AND CENA FOR RAW OFF AIR ENTERTAINMENT
      - D-Generation X continued their off the air antics when RAW cameras stopped
      rolling with John Cena and this time they took Kofi Kingston in as well.
      Triple H once again complained about Cena's "DX position" and told him that
      it's all in the hips. "Hey, he's a phony Jamaican and he's got the rhythm
      man," Triple H told Cena while pointing towards Kofi. After the whole "for
      the thousands in attendance" stuff, Triple H was about to say "Let's get
      ready to suck it" but kept long on the "L" and started to cough and spit and
      doing all kinds of funky noises as the crowd enjoyed every second of it.
      "Swine Flu, sorry," said The Game! Then he asked for a bottle of water, took
      a sip, spit it back out in the timekeeper's face and kept on with the show.
      Hilarious. Check it out at http://bit.ly/JOhor

      > JR GETS SOME GOOD NEWS
      - In his latest blog update, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross said that some
      medical tests came back this morning and one major result removed any doubt
      of possible Multiple Sclerosis. "We had been waiting on that news for over a
      week," a relieved JR wrote. More tests will be done next week to start the
      process of elimination on issues that, as he put it, "I might have but
      likely don't."

      > JUDGMENT DAY OFF THE WWE PPV CALENDAR
      - The Judgment Day pay-per-view, typically held in May, seems like it was
      erased from the 2010 WWE calendar as Extreme Rules has been moved to May
      from the usual June schedule. Extreme Rules was given a May 23 date which is
      around the weekend that most of the previous Judgment Day pay-per-views were
      held. Judgment Day started as an In Your House title in 1998 and in 1999 was
      replaced by Over The Edge however with the death of Owen Hart the company
      opted to go back to Judgment Day in 2000. Edge and Jeff Hardy headlined the
      last Judgment Day pay-per-view from the Allstate Arena in Chicago last year.
      Theoretically the PPV could still go ahead - maybe under a name change - but
      with Backlash towards the end of April and Extreme Rules towards the end of
      May it would not be a very wise business move to put another pay-per-view in
      between and have three big shows in the span of four weeks.

      > WWE DECLARES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND
      - WWE declared the quarterly dividend of $0.36 per share on its Class A
      shares of common stock yesterday meaning that each shareholder will get 36
      cents for every WWE stock he owns. Members of the McMahon family will be
      receiving 24 cents instead of 36 on all their Class A and Class B shares.
      The record date for the dividend will be December 15, 2009, and the payment
      date will be December 28, 2009.

      > HOGAN SAYS HE WILL TEACH YOUNG TNA WRESTLERS "THE ART FORM"
      - Hulk Hogan has a one on one interview up with the TIME.com website where
      he explained that by jumping to TNA he will have the chance to give back and
      help "these young wrestlers who don't understand the business and the art
      form." Ouch! Hogan also talks about his newly released book, his family, The
      Wrestler movie and more. You can read it at
      http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1933311,00.html

      > iMPACT! RATING WITH HOGAN PRESS CONFERENCE
      - The first pictures of Hulk Hogan on TNA's iMPACT! had a 20% jump in the
      ratings from the previous week according to PWInsider.com with the show
      getting a 1.3 rating. The last few minutes of the show were dedicated to
      Hogan's press conference in New York with Dixie Carter where the former WWE
      and WCW champ revealed that he has signed with the company. It will be
      interesting to see what kind of numbers the show will pull when Hogan makes
      his first in-ring appearance at the iMPACT! Zone.