    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009

      Friday October 9 2009 Issue #3130
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Tonight's Ringside with Ian Hamilton and Adam Firestorm is a re-run as Ian
      is currently enjoying the sights of New York City. If you're still
      interested in listening to the show - and I believe it will be the Bret Hart
      one hour interview - log on to http://www.theringsidelive.com/ at 7PM EST /
      Midnight GMT and download it or else get it from the iTunes Store.

      > ORIGINAL NWA TITLE UP FOR AUCTION
      - The original NWA World Heavyweight title is being auctioned by
      Highspots.com after disagreements with Ric Flair over payment owed. Flair
      gave the merchandise company the title as collateral which was deposited
      into a vault at Bank of America. After Flair failed to pay up the thousands
      of dollars he owes to Highspots for past work, Highspots decided to put the
      title up for auction accepting offers over $75,000 only. The title - which
      is the one legends such as Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes and Flair himself held
      years ago - will not be mailed and will have to be picked up in person by
      the winning bidder. Before putting the title up for auction Highspots gave
      Flair and his team some time to come up with the money however they failed
      to do so. For more information you can go to
      http://www.highspots.com/nwabelt.asp
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > BIG SHOW GETS FIRST ROLE IN WWE STUDIOS MOVIE
      - The Big Show will be participating in the first WWE Studios comedy movie
      titled "Knucklehead" according to the Hollywood Reporter. Joining the WWE
      tag team title holder will be Melora Hardin from "The Office" and Mark
      Feuerstein from "Royal Pains." The movie is about a fight promoter - played
      by Feuerstein - who is in debt to his rival. After looking for a new fighter
      to help him recover the money he needs to pay up, he stumbles upon the
      church handyman - played by Big Show - who agreed to help out by fighting on
      behalf of his fellow orphans. Big Show is often complimented for his comedic
      skills and was a big hit when he appeared on Saturday Night Live with The
      Rock a decade ago.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > ULTIMATE WARRIOR ADDED TO ALUMNI SECTION ON WWE.COM
      - Calling him "one of the most intense and physically impressive competitors
      to ever appear in WWE," WWE.COM has finally put The Ultimate Warrior on
      their Alumni section and believe it or not it's all done in good light. The
      company released a controversial DVD about the Warrior a few years ago
      titled "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" which ended up being a
      not-so-nice look at the man behind the character. Warrior eventually sued
      WWE however just recently a Judge ruled in favor of WWE and ordered the
      former WWE champion to pay all legal costs. With WrestleMania next year in
      Arizona - Warrior's home - rumors are already flying that work is being done
      to get Warrior inducted into the Hall of Fame although that will be one
      difficult job to accomplish considering all the negative comments Warrior
      said over the past several years towards the company and Vince McMahon.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > TNA KNOCKOUTS ON COVER OF MUSCLE & FITNESS MAGAZINE
      - TNA Knockouts Velvet Sky, So Cal Val, Lauren and former Knockout Angelina
      Love will be on the cover of the October issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine.
      The photo shoot was held at the TNA iMPACT! Zone at the Universal Studios
      lot in Orlando, FL., and the girls had guns, chains and all other kinds of
      accessories for the shoot. Ian Spanier, photographer for the M & F magazine,
      praised the TNA girls saying that since all of them are used to cameras and
      television they fared better than your typical bodybuilder when it came to
      shooting photos. You can see a four minute behind the scenes look at the
      photo shoot with the TNA Knockouts showing some skin at http://bit.ly/88Ope
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > TNA TURNING POINT POSTER
      - The poster for the TNA pay-per-view Turning Point has been released and it
      features the current TNA World champion AJ Styles. The show will air on
      November 15 from the Universal Studios lot in Orlando, FL., meaning there
      will be no gate money for the company. You can see the poster at
      http://bit.ly/vVqK7
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > AUSTIN TURNS DOWN TWO REQUESTS FROM WWE
      - Stone Cold Steve Austin was recently in the United Kingdom doing
      promotional work for his upcoming movie "Damage" and stopped by The Sun
      tabloid newspaper offices for an interview. Austin revealed that he turned
      down two recent requests from WWE, one to appear at the 10th anniversary of
      Smackdown and one to guest host Monday Night RAW. The WWE Hall of Famer said
      that after he watched the HOF video package about him he really wants to be
      judicious with any of his WWE returns. "I want them to be really impactful
      and well-written - everyone knows how critical I am of creative," Austin
      said. Austin last made a WWE TV appearance at WrestleMania 25 where he
      received a Texas-size ovation at the Reliant Stadium.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]