Wrestling-Online Newsletter#3105

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 2:52 PM

      Sunday September 6 2009 Issue #3105
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Ah, long weekend! Isn't it great when you have Monday off? Happy holiday to
      those in the US of A.

      > TRAILER FOR THE NEW STEVE AUSTIN MOVIE "DAMAGE"
      - We have got the teaser trailer for the upcoming Steve Austin movie titled
      "Damage" which is set to be released in theaters on January 28, 2010 in the
      United States. The film is about Austin's character John Bricker who is a
      recently paroled ex con forced into the illegal world of underground
      fighting. It is directed by Jeff King and this is the first movie part of a
      deal between Austin and the production company Nasser Entertainment. Filming
      started in October of last year with real fighters and during one of the
      stunt scenes Austin broke the nose of MMA fighter Paul Lazenby by mistake.
      Smallville's Laura Vandervoort is the other leading co-star in this movie.
      You can see the trailer at http://bit.ly/1zPH5
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > JARRETT ON ROVE TV TALK SHOW IN AUSTRALIA
      - Jeff Jarrett was on Rove yesterday, an Australian TV talk show whose host,
      Rove McManus, is a huge wrestling fan. McManus showed a clip of him and
      Jarrett from eight years ago where Jarrett hit him with a guitar during a
      wrestling match in Australia and for payback, McManus slammed Jarrett with a
      chair during the show. It resulted into a funny skit with the two running
      backstage and hitting each other in a pre taped segment which was then cut
      to the "live" feed again. Hilarious stuff. Jarrett then presented the host
      with a replica of the TNA title. You can see the full segment at
      http://bit.ly/4uVnwU
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > TNA ANNOUNCES AUSTRALIAN TOUR
      - TNA Wrestling announced a five city tour in Australia starting February of
      next year which will see the debut of the company Down Under. On February 24
      TNA will roll in Brisbane at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, on the 26 at
      the ACER Arena in Sydney, on the 28 in Melbourne at the Rod Laver Arena, on
      March 3 at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Adelaide and on March 5 at
      the Burswood Dome in Perth. Jeff Jarrett, Christy Hemme and Jeremy Borash
      are currently in Australia doing promotional appearances for the company.
      Fox 8 will be sponsoring this Maximum iMPACT! tour.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > NO COMPETE CLAUSE FOR KEN ANDERSON EXPIRES WEDNESDAY
      - Ken Anderson, the man formerly known as Mr Kennedy, revealed in one of his
      Twitter updates that his no compete clause with WWE expires on September 9.
      That means that on that day, Anderson can work for anyone and has no more
      legal obligations towards WWE. Anderson was released from his WWE contract
      on May 29 just days after he returned on Monday Night RAW as the final
      person in the Lakers vs Nuggets five on five match at the STAPLES Center. An
      altercation with Randy Orton backstage following the show was believed to be
      the icing on the cake. Anderson is scheduled to work some dates for
      Italian-based Nu-Wrestling Evolution however he'll be free to sign for
      whichever wrestling company he wants to come mid next week.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]