    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 1999

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Wednesday, June 2nd, 1999

      I S S U E # 3 3 9

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Nothing to say today..enjoy the issue!

      ==============
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      Become a part of Imaginary Sports Entertainment. This is as close to
      real as it gets without getting stunned by Stone Cold himself! Join now
      and your wrestler will go to Japan along with the rest of the WCWF for
      the month of June. Two new titles to be introduced and awarded in June!
      Get in and let's get it on!
      http://www.at-bay.com/wcwfwrestling/
      ==============

      >> RAW DEFEATS NITRO IN THE RATINGS AGAIN
      Colin Vassallo, [Editor@...]

      WWF Raw is War once again defeated WCW Monday Nitro to continue the
      WWF's largest winning streak since the ratings battle began.

      RAW's quarter hour ratings were 4.9; 5.9; 5.7; 6.5; 6.6; 6.4; 6.6; 6.8;
      7.3, pulling 5.8 in the first hour and 6.7 in the second hour for a 6.3
      composite.

      Nitro got the following quarter hour ratings, 3.2; 3.9; 3.8; 3.9; 3.7;
      3.0; 3.3; 2.4; 3.2; 2.8; 2.9; 2.9; 3.2. Hour one got 3.7, hour two 3.1
      and hour three 3.0, for a 3.3 composite.

      In head to head competition, RAW scored 6.3 and Nitro got a
      3.1.

      > MARTHA HART LASHES OUT ON VINCE MCMAHON
      - Last Monday on RAW, the WWF showed footage of the Owen Hart funeral,
      and according to Martha Hart, they showed it against her wishes. Martha
      talked to WWF owner Vince McMahon directly several times, and asked him
      repeatedly not to show any footage from the funeral. "I feel exploited
      and violated by it, I was completely repulsed by it," said Hart to the
      Calgary Sun yesterday. "I said it because I dislike their show and
      (airing funeral footage) is self-serving," continued Martha. "Not only
      did they disrespect me, they didn't care. Now there's nothing I can do."
      Martha continued to say to the Calgary Sun that there was a big heart
      with "Owen Hart" written on it, and it had the WWF logo on the side.
      Martha said she was disgusted and told them to get rid of it. "The WWF
      should be totally denounced for what they did," she said. "Owen was not
      a tacky, sleazy wrestler and I didn't want the footage aired on a WWF
      show." She clearly stated "It's like war." She added that Vince McMahon
      didn't pay for Owen Hart's funeral, but she did.

      (Editor's Note: In my opinion, the last few words of Martha didn't make
      any sense at all. If someone works for a company, and he/she dies, the
      employer doesn't pay for your funeral, but his/her family does. This
      case was nothing special, it's a simple employer/employee relatioship,
      and the employer isn't supposed to pay for the funeral. When Ric Rude
      died for example, WCW didn't pay for his funeral. There's no difference.
      Either way you slice it, the last comment didn't make any sense.)

      > JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER TALKS ABOUT OWEN
      - Considered the best color commentator of all time, Jerry "The King"
      Lawler appeared on The Slam on Sports 56 WHBQ. Lawler talked in depth
      how the accident happened, explaining that they used the same equipment
      the coordinator uses for Sting when he comes down from the rafters. He
      also talked about many other things. Interesting interview. To read it
      go to: http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/messages/600.html

      > WEEKEND RATINGS
      - WWF Livewire got a 1.9, Superstars did a 1.7, and Sunday Night Heat
      did a 3.1.

      > WHO'S THE MAN BEHIND THE ROBE?
      - It's the same e-mail I received for alot of times since last Monday.
      The answer is: Undecided. Not even the WWF knows who the man will be.
      This could be dragged for a long time, or could even end next week. Many
      people are saying that it's Vince McMahon, some say Linda McMahon, or
      Ted DiBiase, or Jake Roberts, or Shane Douglas, but the fact is, no one
      knows, and only time will tell.

      > ULITMATE WARRIOR ALSO AT THE FUNERAL
      - According to sources, Jim Hellwig - The Ultimate Warrior - was also
      one of the wrestlers who attended Owen Hart's funeral. Reports are that
      Warrior shared the same hotel room back in the late 80s, and travelled
      with Owen all the time.

      > ACCLAIM ADDS ANOTHER ENTRANCE
      - Acclaim Sports, makers of the new WWF game "Attitude" just added a new
      movie of the entrance of Chyna to their website. She comes down with the
      "No Chance In Hell" theme song, and you can see it at the following URL:
      http://www.acclaimsports.com/wwf-attitude/quicktimes/04.html

      > UNDERTAKER AS WE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!
      - As all of you know, the Undertaker was one of the wrestlers that took
      part in Owen Hart's funeral last Monday morning. Here's the URL to see
      the pic from a TV report showing Mark Callaway - or The Undertaker,
      whatever you wanna call him - arriving.
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/messages/601.html

      > ASYA ON THE JENNY JONES SHOW
      - WCW's Asya (Christie Wolf), the bodyguard of Ric Flair, made an
      appearance on the 5/31 edition of The Jenny Jones Show, which was
      titled, "I used to be bony ... but now I'm buff!" Wolf use to be called
      "Tiny Tina" in high school and was considered a tom boy. A picture was
      shown of her from her younger days, where she had braces and was skinny.
      The buff looking Wolf then made her way out in a pink suit. She said she
      worked out two to three hours a day. She said the most she every benched
      was 300 pounds. She modeled for Hawaiin Tropic at 25, when she wanted to
      tone up, and fell in love with bodybuilding from there. She said her
      body fat is usually at 12 perecent but gets at 5 percent when going
      through competition. She said society judges people's appearance too
      much. The rest of the show consisted of other men and women who were
      picked on when they were younger, but turned out to be muscular adults.
      (Joe DeLeon)

      > RICK RUDE'S OFFICIAL CAUSE OF DEATH
      - The Philadelphia Daily News reports that Rick Rude's official cause of
      death was due to complications resulting from an enlarged heart. They
      note that this was the same cause of death listed for Brian Pillman and
      Louie Spicolli, though there was no indication of whether Rude took the
      same Human Growth Hormone which Pillman and Spicolli reportedly used
      which lead to their deaths. (Mark Coleman)

      > JERICHO TO RETURN ON WCW TV
      - Chris Jericho is scheduled to return to WCW this weekend shows.
      Speculation that
      Jericho is WWF bound may be tempered by the possibility that his friends
      in the Hart
      family may ask him not to go, as the family was very upset with actions
      taken by Vince
      McMahon. (Sister Midnight)

      > JESSE VENTURA ON REGIS & KATHY LEE SHOW
      - Jesse Ventura was on Regis and Kathy Lee today. He spoke about how he
      felt when he became Governor of Minnesota. He did speak about the
      movie about him on NBC. He said that he had no input on the show. He
      wanted to do some things differently, however they would not allow him
      to do it. He also spoke about the death of Owen Hart. Jesse Ventura
      spoke about how Wrestlers are now being trained as if they were Stunt
      Men. He said the most depressing part of it all was, that if a wrestler
      told the wrestling promoter that he did not want to do it, the wrestling
      promoter would just choose another wrestler to do it. Because of that,
      wrestlers are pressured to do the stunts. He also spoke about his career
      in the military, and how he feels about the military today. Also, he
      spoke
      about his career in movies, and that he had made 10 movies. Jesse made
      some jokes with Regis and Kathy Lee, and he was comfortable throughout
      the show, until they spoke about Owen Hart. When they spoke about Owen
      Hart’s death, you could see Jesse was upset about it. Jesse Ventura was
      on the show to promote is new book, I Ain’t Got Time To Bleed.
      (Nima Darouain, wrestletown.com)

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/wrestling-online