    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2009

      Saturday August 8 2009 Issue #3081
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Yesterday we launched the new "blog style" Wrestling-Online.com and now it's
      just a matter of time of updating the remaining sub sections to match. Have
      a look and tell us what you think, http://www.wrestling-online.com

      > NEW CO-STAR FOUND FOR AUSTIN'S NEW MOVIE
      - The Hollywood Reporter is carrying a story that Adam Beach will be the
      co-star of the movie "The Stranger" which has WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold
      Steve Austin in the leading role. The movie is being directed by Rob
      Lieberman who in the past directed several TV show episodes such as "Shark,"
      "Dexter," "Eureka" and others. Erica Cerra, also from "Eureka," "The L
      Word," "Battlestar Galactica" and others is also involved in the project.
      The movie revolves around Austin who is a material witness involved in a
      top-secret investigation with Beach as the FBI agent who is tracking him
      down. The movie starts filming in Vancouver this week.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > VIGNETTE AIRS FOR THE ARRIVAL OF ELIJAH BURKE
      - Last week news broke out that former WWE Superstar Elijah Burke has signed
      with TNA Wrestling. Quickly after the news made it online, Burke went on his
      Twitter account and somewhat denied it. "Wait a minute....So I HAVE signed
      with TNA??? This is really confusing me!" he said. However yesterday on TNA
      iMPACT! there was a vignette which aired promoting his arrival under a new
      gimmick using the name "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero. He will be making his TNA
      debut at the Hard Justice pay-per-view on August 16.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7175]

      > ANGLE ON COVER OF FITNESS RX MAGAZINE
      - TNA World Heavyweight champion Kurt Angle is on the cover of the September
      issue of Fitness RX magazine for men with the tagline "Warrior Workout -
      Wrestling's Real Deal Kurt Angle." Angle looks in amazing shape on the cover
      which you can see at http://bit.ly/aU7B4
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > TEEN WINS SUMMERSLAM READING CONTEST
      - A teen volunteer at the Hudson Regional Library won the grand prize of the
      WWE SummerSlam Reading Jam contest which was held throughout several
      libraries nationwide. Zach Belyea won the all-expenses-paid trip for two to
      Los Angeles to attend SummerSlam and will get an extra $200 for spending
      money. WWE will also give the winning library a check for $1,000 to purchase
      library books and materials for teens. Zach logged more than 500 hours as a
      teen volunteer at the Hudson library according to the Sun Coast News. Five
      hundred libraries nationwide took part in the sweepstakes.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > MIKE ADAMLE BACK ON RAW AS GUEST HOST
      - Former RAW General Manager Mike Adamle was asked to be one of the guest
      hosts of an upcoming edition of Monday Night RAW and is believed to be
      hosting a show by the end of this month. The very unpopular Adamle was given
      the RAW GM role in July of last year just six months after making his debut
      with the company at the Royal Rumble as an interviewer. In his first day
      with WWE, he called Jeff Hardy "Jeff Harvey" on pay-per-view and
      unfortunately his career continued a downward spiral from that day. He moved
      to the ECW broadcast booth in April and even walked out - with Tazz - during
      one broadcast as part of an angle that seemed as real as it can get. He was
      released from his WWE duties in November of last year.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]