    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 1:26 PM

      Thursday August 6 2009 Issue #3080
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Ringside Live returns tomorrow at 7PM EST with Ian Hamilton and Adam
      Firestorm. Tomorrow's show will cover SummerFes...we mean SummerSlam, Fedor
      going to Strikeforce instead of UFC and all the latest news from WWE, TNA
      and anything else wrestling and MMA related. 7PM EST, it's live at
      http://www.theringsidelive.com

      > WWE ANNOUNCES 2Q 2009 FINANCIAL RESULTS
      - World Wrestling Entertainment today announced financial results for its
      second quarter ended June 30, 2009. Revenues totaled $138.8 million as
      compared to $129.7 million in the prior year quarter. Operating income was
      $28.1 million as compared to $12.0 million in the prior year quarter. Net
      income was $19.9 million, or $0.27 per share, as compared to $7.0 million,
      or $0.10 per share, in the prior year quarter. The second quarter was helped
      with WrestleMania XXV which fell into these results rather than the first
      quarter due to timing of the event. WrestleMania XXV contributed in
      aggregate approximately $32.2 million of revenues and $15.0 million of
      profit contribution. You can read the full report at
      http://corporate.wwe.com/documents/PressReleaseQ209FINAL0805Clean.pdf
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > WWE SEES PROFIT TANKING WITHOUT WRESTLEMANIA
      - Excluding WrestleMania from their quarter results, WWE was down in every
      department except for WWE.COM sales which generated a half a million dollar
      increase over the same period the prior year and TV rights which had a $4
      million increase due to the WWE Superstars television show. However,
      everything from pay-per-view to home video to magazine to live events were
      down when taking WrestleMania revenues out of the equation. The home video
      department was the biggest loser with a whopping 36% decline. Live events
      followed it with a 26% decrease and even when adding WrestleMania the total
      revenue was still $900,000 less than the prior year quarter. Pay-per-view
      revenue went down 18% as well. The results missed Wall Street's estimate of
      $140.6 million. "We expect continuing economic uncertainty in the back half
      of the year. However, we believe that the strategic decisions we have made,
      and our ongoing commitment to manage operating costs, position us well to
      maximize the financial potential of our global brands," said WWE Chairman
      Vince McMahon.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > PIVEN TELLS CENA TO "WATCH HIS BACK"
      - This week's RAW guest host Jeremy Piven had more WWE-related activity on
      his Twitter than he did leading up to the show. "Hey Cena, take the torque
      off next time, Dr Ken is in bad shape so watch your back," Piven tweeted. Dr
      Ken landed pretty hard and knocked his head on the mat after being thrown
      outside the ring by the former WWE champion. Piven also posted several
      photos and a video he and Dr Ken shot just minutes away from the start of
      the show. You can see them all at http://twitter.com/jeremypiven
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > FOLEY, MR SOCKO MEET ADULT MOVIE STAR TRINA MICHAELS
      - TNA's Mick Foley ended up at a live event promoted by River City Wrestling
      last Saturday at the San Antonio Event Center in San Antonio, TX., where he
      got up close with 26 year old porn star Trina Michaels. Foley was about to
      shove Mr Socko down her throat - no pun intended - however the multiple time
      AVN Award nominee gently directed Socko on her breast and Foley did not
      complain. However Michaels dropped down to her knees - again, no pun
      intended - and gave him a low blow and exited the ring afterward. Foley then
      grabbed the mic and said it took him twelve hours to get to San Antonio and
      he didn't come all the way to get "hit....there." He then told Michaels that
      "What happens at the Event Center stays in the Event Center." You can see
      the video at http://bit.ly/ZzyDo
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > TRUTV PICKS UP JESSE VENTURA TV SHOW
      - truTV issued a press release announcing that former Minnesota Governor and
      WWE Hall of Famer Jesse Ventura will be hosting the series "Conspiracy
      Theory with Jesse Ventura" which is scheduled to debut in late 2009. Seven
      episodes were ordered for now to see how successful the series will be. "We
      received a very positive response when we showed a preview of 'Conspiracy
      Theory with Jesse Ventura' at this year's advertising upfront presentation,
      so it's very exciting to be able to greenlight it for a full series," said
      Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV/IN
      SESSION. The preview of the show reads, "He's undertaken some of the most
      dangerous missions in the world as a Navy SEAL. He's body-slammed giants in
      the wrestling ring as a WWE superstar. He's even conquered politics as the
      governor of Minnesota. Now, Jesse Ventura is about to face his greatest
      challenge yet: uncovering the most compelling plots and schemes."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6848]