    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 3:16 PM

      Sunday August 2 2009 Issue #3076
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      I want to clarify something about the iPhone App we have. Videos and photos
      from stories dated July 31 and back will not be visible in the app. The
      articles were not set up to handle iPhone multimedia back then. Stories from
      August 1 onward will contain all videos and some photos. We're working on
      having a video library where we don't have to encode twice since the iPhone
      has a lot of limitations in regards to embedded videos so please have some
      patience. The App does NOT replace the website, but you can look at it sort
      of a companion. There will be more stuff available on the website due to the
      limitations the device has so...hope that's cleared.

      I felt I needed to address this issue after reading some reviews left on the
      iTunes Store.

      > IDENTITY OF PIVEN'S GUEST FOR TOMORROW'S RAW
      - In his Twitter update, tomorrow's RAW guest host Jeremy Piven said that
      the guest he's bringing on RAW tomorrow is someone who appeared in the
      popular movie "The Hangover". The only actor who appeared in that movie and
      is in Piven's new movie "The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard" is Ed Helms who
      played the part of Stu Price...the dentist who ended up marrying the
      stripper played by the sexy Heather Graham. Piven is best known for his role
      on Entourage where he plays the character of Ari Gold. The role of Ari Gold
      was a hit and also led Piven to several nominations and Emmy Awards.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > MICHELLE MCCOOL INJURED AT LIVE WWE EVENT
      - WWE Women's champion Michelle McCool was injured during Friday's live WWE
      event in Hampton Beach, NH. The referee stopped the match on the spot after
      noticing what happened and McCool was helped to the back. She was defending
      her title against Eve Torres. The knee injury kept her out from yesterday's
      live event as well in Betlehem, PA. It's not known how long McCool will stay
      out of action or how actually severe the injury is.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > NICK DINSMORE RETURNS WITH HIS EUGENE GIMMICK
      - Nick Dinsmore - the man most people know as Eugene - made his in-ring
      return yesterday at a live WWE event in Manchester, NH. He wrestled Ricky
      Ortiz and won the match. Dinsmore is back doing his Eugene gimmick after he
      was rehired to help the young WWE Superstars in mid July. In September 2007
      Dinsmore was fired from WWE due to personal issues which ended up being
      hitting strike three on the Wellness Program. Section 14 of the WWE Wellness
      Program states, "Third Offense. In the event of a third positive result for
      drugs prohibited by this Policy, as amended from time to time, the Talent's
      contract with WWE will be terminated," however there are no mentions what
      happens if the individual is rehired. The recently returned Chris Masters -
      as well as other several Superstars including current champion Jeff Hardy -
      are on strike two.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]

      > LILIAN GARCIA QUIZZED ABOUT LAST DAY WITH WWE
      - RAW ring announcer Lilian Garcia doesn't list any WWE shows past the
      August 24 RAW from Las Vegas, NV., on her schedule and then skips straight
      to October for other non-wrestling events. Garcia gave her notice a while
      ago and WWE put in a search for a new female ring announcer who has a
      singing background as well. On her MySpace she also says that SummerSlam
      will be her tenth anniversary with World Wrestling Entertainment, having
      made her debut during the August 23, 1999 edition of RAW is WAR in Ames, IA.
      When asked about her lack of WWE appearances on the calendar on her Twitter
      account and if the Las Vegas event would be her last one, Garcia said, "Not
      necessarily. That's just my schedule thus far. My final day has not been
      confirmed." Lilian will be getting married later this year and decided to
      move away from wrestling but said that she "will miss the WWE tremendously."

      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7155]

      > BROCK LESNAR INTERVIEW ON E:60 NEXT TUESDAY
      - UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar will be the subject of another ESPN
      E:60 interview next week. Lesnar was originally interviewed for the show
      first in October of last year and cut the interview short after walking out
      following a question about steroids. "You're so big," said the interviewer
      at the time and Lesnar immediately picked up where it was heading. "That's
      it, we're done," said Lesnar while having a laugh. "Thanks guys," he added
      before he unhooked his mic and exited. The new interview - taped already -
      will discuss his childhood, the NCAA days, problems with WWE, steroid use
      and MMA. "With only five professional fights under his belt, Lesnar
      dominates his division and has arguably become the biggest pay-per-view draw
      in combat sports since boxing's Oscar de la Hoya," reads the preview. The
      show will air on Tuesday August 4 at 7PM EST. You can see the previous
      Lesnar interview in full at http://bit.ly/roEwl
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7]