    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2009

      Tuesday July 14 2009 Issue #3060
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      With WWE releasing their own packages for WrestleMania, we are also giving
      you a choice to stay with us and take advantage of our special offer for
      Phoenix. For the weekend of WrestleMania and for just $169 per night you
      have the chance to stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix complete with full
      breakfast. When getting separate tickets and adding our hotel you will come
      out much, much cheaper than buying a WWE package especially if you're in a
      double occupancy. With WWE you save a couple of hundred dollars only on
      double whereas if you book your stay with our promotion you won't have to
      pay twice for the hotel accommodation as two or three people can stay in the
      same room for the same price.

      For more information and to book check out http://bit.ly/Sv4aI . Your credit
      card will not be charged if you make a booking, not even a deposit and you
      will only pay once you complete your check out. All reservations are handled
      directly by The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix hotel.

      > AXXESS COMING TO SUMMERSLAM
      - WWE announced that they are bringing Axxess to SummerSlam as well with the
      fan event taking place at the Nokia Plaza on August 22 and August 23 with
      tickets selling for just $15. Just like with WrestleMania Axxess, the Army
      National Guard will be sponsoring the event. The set up will include a main
      ring with live matches, Q&A, autograph signings, Superstar challenge,
      merchandise stands, trivia and other interactive events. There will be two
      sessions on Saturday August 22 one between 11AM and 3PM and the other
      between 4PM and 8PM. The Sunday session is from Noon to 4PM. Several top WWE
      Superstars and Divas will be participating. Tickets can be purchased from
      Ticketmaster.com using the password AXXESS.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > WRESTLEMANIA 25 FAILS TO REACH 1 MILLION BUYS
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that WrestleMania XXV did an approximate
      970,000 buys which is down from the initial one million buy estimates. The
      figure is taking into consideration all worldwide estimates and not just
      North America. For comparison, WrestleMania 23 in Detroit did a total of 1.2
      million buys while WrestleMania XXIV in Orlando did 1.1 million.
      WrestleMania 23 holds the record of most buys for a WWE pay-per-view. The
      970,000 figure is considered somewhat of a disappointment as the hype was
      big for the twenty fifth anniversary of the show.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > WWE TO ANNOUNCE Q2 2009 RESULTS IN AUGUST
      - WWE will be reporting its 2009 second quarter results on August 6 before
      the market opens. WWE Chairman Vince McMahon along with other senior members
      of the WWE management will be hosting a conference call starting at 11AM to
      discuss the results. Usually Linda McMahon, the company's CEO, hosted these
      conference calls however from their last quarter Vince took over. A live
      webcast will be held at corporate.wwe.com.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > LESNAR TALKS ABOUT WIN, PROMO AND MIR ON RADIO
      - UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was on KFAN Sports Radio AM 1130
      this morning for a few minutes to talk about his fight against Frank Mir at
      UFC 100 and his post-fight antics. Lesnar once again apologized to the fans
      for giving them the double finger and for acting unprofessionally following
      his impressive win. He said he went into "crazy mode" after the ref stopped
      the fight and "had a flashback of working for Vince McMahon" again,
      referring to his hilarious yet criticized promo afterward. He also
      questioned Mir's injury in May which pushed back the main event fight to UFC
      100 instead of its original date. He also said that Antonio Nogueira was
      sick when he fought Mir for the interim Heavyweight title and that Mir got
      two Christmas presents, his first win against Lesnar and then beating
      Nogueira.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7163]

      > BRIAN CHRISTOPHER SENT TO 30 DAYS IN JAIL
      - Jerry "The King" Lawler's son Brian Christopher was arrested on Monday for
      failing to abide by the court orders. As an arrangement to avoid jail time,
      he was required by the Judge to enter an in-patient treatment center before
      his sentence started however the Superstar formerly known as "Grand Master
      Sexay" never showed up. Police officers were dispatched to pick him up and
      he will now serve 30 days in jail instead at the treatment center. He was
      arrested on June 26 for public intoxication, his second arrest for 2009.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]