    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2009

      Monday June 29 2009 Issue #3050
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Nothing to say today....back tomorrow.

      > PUNK, ORTON, DREAMER RETAIN TITLES AT THE BASH
      - Here are the results from yesterday's The Bash pay-per-view in Sacramento,
      CA.: Tommy Dreamer retained the ECW title by defeating Jack Swagger, Mark
      Henry, Christian and Finlay; Rey Mysterio won the Intercontinental title and
      retained his mask by defeating Chris Jericho; Dolph Ziggler defeated The
      Great Khali after Kane interfered; Carlito & Primo Colon lost the unified
      tag team titles in a match against Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes and surprise
      additions Edge & Chris Jericho. Edge & Jericho walked out with the tag
      belts; Michelle McCool defeated Melina to win the Women's title; Jeff Hardy
      defeated CM Punk via disqualification so Punk retained his World title; John
      Cena defeated The Miz; Randy Orton defeated Triple H in the "three stages of
      hell" match. Orton won the first fall after Triple H used the chair to get
      DQed, HHH won the second fall and then Orton with the help of DiBiase &
      Rhodes won the final fall, a stretcher match.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7154]

      > WWE TO TAPE TWO WEEKS OF TV THIS WEEK DUE TO TOUR
      - Two episodes of Monday Night RAW will be taped tonight in San Jose, CA.,
      at the HP Pavilion as the RAW brand heads out to New Zealand and Australia
      and will be back in the country towards the end of next week. The first show
      in New Zealand will be on July 3 and then from July 4 till the 8 the WWE
      Superstars will be Down Under. Smackdown and ECW will have back to back
      television tapings tomorrow and Wednesday in Fresno and Bakersfield as the
      crew will leave for the Land of the Rising Sun next week with two shows in
      Japan on the 7th and 8th and one in the Philippines on the 10th. Tapings
      resume their normal schedule the week of July 13.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > GARCIA GIVES NOTICE, LEAVING AT THE END OF THE YEAR
      - RAW ring announcer Lilian Garcia has given her notice and will be leaving
      once her contract expires at the end of this year. "It is with a heavy heart
      that I have made this decision because WWE has been my family from day one
      and you, the WWE Universe have always been incredible to me," Garcia said on
      her blog at liliangarcia.com. "The fact is that I am getting married later
      this year and have decided to enter into a new phase of my life but I will
      truly miss all of you and the WWE tremendously," she added. Garcia made her
      debut in August 1999 and has been the ring announcer for RAW ever since. A
      couple of weeks ago WWE issued an open position for a young female announcer
      who can sing and speculation kicked in that Garcia was indeed leaving the
      company after ten long years.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7155]

      > PHOTOS OF MVP, SHEPHERD AT BET AWARDS
      - Former United States champion MVP accompanied "The View" co-host Sherri
      Shepherd yesterday at the BET Awards which were held at the Shine Auditorium
      in Los Angeles, CA. Most of the event was changed in the past few days to
      turn it into a part celebration for Michael Jackson. MVP missed The Bash
      pay-per-view to be Shepherd's guest. You can see five photos from the red
      carpet arrivals at http://bit.ly/18do12
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > 12 ROUNDS OUT ON DVD AND BLU RAY TOMORROW
      - Twentieth Century Fox will be releasing "12 Rounds" starring John Cena on
      DVD and Blu Ray tomorrow. Billed as the Extreme Cut, both versions include
      the widescreen theatrical version as well as an unrated version of the movie
      along with special features that include a making of, Cena performing
      stunts, a gag reel and audio commentaries. The DVD is selling on Amazon for
      $19.99 and the Blu Ray version selling for $25.99.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > LAWLER'S SON ORDERED TO 30 DAYS REHAB
      - As reported yesterday, Jerry Lawler's son and former WWE Superstar Brian
      Christopher was arrested for public intoxication. WBBJ-TV in Tennessee
      reported today that the man formerly known as "Grand Master Sexay" was fined
      $50 and ordered to attend a 30 day rehab program after he entered a guilty
      plea. This is his second run-in with the law as in February he was arrested
      for disorderly conduct.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]