    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2009

      Saturday May 9 2009 Issue #3011
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Yesterday we had Dragon Gate USA Vice President Gabe Sapolsky on Ringside
      Live for thirty minutes to talk about the debut show of Dragon Gate in the
      United States. Sapolsky gave us a good preview of what we should expect
      from the promotion which will have its first show in Philadelphia on July
      25. You can listen to the show either via MP3 download through our at
      http://www.theringsidelive.com or else download the podcast via the iTunes
      Store.

      Next week we're also going to be welcoming another guest as Ian and Adam
      will talk to former WWE and ECW Diva and soon-to-be mother Dawn Marie. Next
      week's show will be on Thursday at 3PM EST rather than Friday at 7PM EST.

      > MEXICO TOUR BACK ON TRACK
      - The planned tour for Mexico which was set to start on May 27 but was
      cancelled due to the H1N1 virus is back on track as fears and craziness of
      the outbreak look to be somewhat exaggerated thanks to the media. The RAW
      brand will be performing two shows in Monterrey on the 27 and 28 and then
      they will go to Queretaro on the 29 and Mexico City on the 30th. Good to see
      everything is going back to normal.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > ARTWORK FOR THE "12 ROUNDS" DVD AND BLU-RAY RELEASES
      - WWE will be hoping to break even or make some profit off the movie "12
      Rounds" with John Cena when it comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray. The movie will
      be released on June 30 and will be billed as the "extreme cut". It will have
      several extra features include alternate endings which were shot and not
      used. During the conference call earlier this week Vince McMahon said that
      "12 Rounds" was the last movie which had a large budget for WWE for now and
      they will now concentrate on doing more straight-to-DVD releases. Cena's
      movie did a total of $11,852,052 domestic and $3,424,217 in worldwide
      revenue so far. The budget was in the range of $20 million. You can check
      out the artwork for the DVD at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/12_Rounds_DVD.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > MR KENNEDY RETURNS TO THE RING
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Mr Kennedy has returned to the ring in a
      six man tag match at the WWE developmental territory Florida Championship
      Wrestling earlier this week. Kennedy has been out since August of last year
      after he dislocated his shoulder during a match against Shelton Benjamin at
      a live WWE event. Since then he only made two appearances on WWE television
      to promote his movie "Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia" in November. During the
      last WWE draft, Kennedy was drafted to RAW from Smackdown.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6734]

      > NEW TNA SHOW "EPICS" TO START IN THE UK NEXT WEEK
      - Jeremy Borash through his Twitter account revealed that TNA will be
      launching a new television show called Epics. The show will look at the
      company's early years all the way from their Nashville days and the
      in-studio hosts will be himself and the current TNA Heavyweight champion
      Mick Foley. The show will make its debut in the United Kingdom first, airing
      on TNA's broadcast partner Bravo starting on Friday May 15 at 10PM GMT. The
      preview on Bravo's website lists, "Bone crunching clip show recapping
      classic footage of wrestling mayhem from some of the best moments in the
      history of TNA."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6973]

      > BROOKE HOGAN TALKS ABOUT DATING WOMEN IN MAGAZINE INTERVIEW
      - OK! Magazine did an interview with Brooke Hogan to promote the new season
      of "Brooke Knows Best" which will return on VH-1 soon. Brooke talked about
      going on a date with a girl which was also taped for the show and said that
      she had a blast...until the other girl was trying to kiss her. "Everyone
      knows I do not go there. I naturally migrate toward men first; some people
      may be more open about it. Personally, it's not me," she said. Brooke also
      discussed her body, weight and her family. Brooke said that she and her
      mother are totally different. "I'm straight-laced, don't do drugs, stick to
      my regimen. It's different there," she added, certainly implying that her
      mother is a drug user. The interview is in the current issue of the
      magazine, on newsstands now. You can read parts of the interview at
      http://ok-magazine.com/news/view/14011
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]