    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 12:09 PM

      Sunday May 3 2009 Issue #3006
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Wow. Poor Ricky Hatton. First he was saved by the bell and then he was saved
      by the canvas as he would gone all the way down to hell with that punch if
      the mat wasn't there. Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid thousands and
      thousands of dollars for a ticket and the main event was over in...six
      minutes?

      Anyway, the promotion we had of 'The Wrestler' DVD is over and we will
      notify the five winners in the next couple of days. In the meantime, you can
      help us out at http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/wmxxvi/ .

      > MCMAHON SAYS HE WANTS FIFTH ORIGINAL TV SHOW
      - WWE Chairman Vince McMahon announced Friday during the annual
      shareholder's meeting that the company is looking into adding its fifth
      original television show on the air to occupy the Wednesday night spot.
      Currently WWE shows RAW on Monday on USA Network, ECW on Sci Fi on Tuesdays,
      Superstars on Thursday on WGN America and Smackdown on MyNetworkTV on Friday
      night. McMahon said the plan is to be on television every weekday and said
      that it would benefit WWE fans. I guess Vince McMahon has officially gone
      crazy.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7114]

      > BATISTA ACCOMPANIES PACQUIAO TO THE RING IN LAS VEGAS
      - The number one contender for the World Heavyweight title, Batista,
      accompanied Manny Pacquiao to the ring yesterday at the MGM Grand in Las
      Vegas, NV., for his fight against Britain's Ricky Hatton. Batista was
      standing right behind the boxer in the long line of entourage. The former
      champ is half Filipino and half Greek and is a big fan of Pacquiao. You can
      see the footage of Batista entering the ring with Pacquiao at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Batista_Pacquaio.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > TRAILER FOR THE NEW MACHO MAN DVD
      - Oooooooooh yeaah! One of the most highly anticipated WWE DVDs to be
      released will be out on June 9 and the one minute WWE trailer promoting this
      three disc edition titled "Macho Madness: The Randy Savage Ultimate
      Collection" has finally come out. The DVD will feature 23 of Savage's best
      matches from his time in WWE and WCW as well as several interviews and
      backstage segments. You can see the preview of the DVD at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Macho_Man_DVD1.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > RAW TOUR IN MEXICO CANCELED
      - With the swine flu virus running wild in Mexico, WWE canceled its four
      day, four event tour in the country which was expected to take place between
      May 27 and May 30. The RAW brand was scheduled to perform two shows in
      Monterrey, one in Queretaro and the final one in Mexico City. Another tour
      of Mexico will be done in late 2009 but this doesn't seem that it will get
      rescheduled considering the situation. The RAW brand will be touring other
      cities in the US instead.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]