    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2009

      Monday April 6 2009 Issue #2986
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      So 5th row aisle seat wasn't that bad actually apart from having some losers
      with signs in the first row who were standing up all the time. What's the
      point of standing up when you're in first row?

      Michael Clark Duncan was sitting just 4 rows in front of me...and security
      didn't let me take a picture with him. Bastard. Evander Holyfield was also
      close and I had a bunch of NFL players next to me as well. The stadium was
      massive and the people in there were all fired up until the last match when
      it seemed everyone's batteries ran out. Cannot blame them. It was tough to
      follow the Taker/HBK match and the Austin send off.

      284 photos from yesterday's show are now online at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/gallery/v/WrestleMania25/

      Tonight I'm off to RAW and my wrestling week will be done. Tomorrow it's off
      to Las Vegas for some fun!

      > CENA WINS WORLD TITLE, THE STREAK STAYS ALIVE
      - New World Heavyweight, Tag Team and Intercontinental champions were
      crowned at WrestleMania 25 in front of a jam-packed Reliant Stadium. John
      Cena became the new World Heavyweight champion after the triple threat match
      against champion Edge and the Big Show. A lot of Cena haters in the crowd as
      expected but super Cena won with the Attitude Adjustment. Lifting both Show
      and Edge together for the FU required some impressive strength.

      In other matches, CM Punk won the Money in the Bank ladder match for the
      second year in a row which also featured Christian, Kane, Finlay, MVP,
      Shelton Benjamin, Mark Henry and Kofi Kingston. Lots of high spots and the
      match was the perfect opener; Santino Marella won the Miss WrestleMania
      Divas battle royal after eliminating both Melina and Beth Phoenix in the
      end. Santino said his name was Santina, the twin sister of Santino. He then
      danced for the crowd; Chris Jericho defeated Piper, Snuka and Steamboat but
      then got into an altercation with Flair and Mickey Rourke. Rourke - a former
      boxer - punched Jericho in the mouth after Y2J invited him in the ring to
      finish what he started; Matt Hardy defeated his brother Jeff in an Extreme
      Rules match after Jeff missed the big leapfrog off the tall ladder. Matt
      then did a Twist of Fate with Jeff's head in a chair. Ouch that's gotta
      hurt; Rey Mysterio won the IC title from JBL in 20 seconds. Mysterio came
      out looking like The Joker from Batman. JBL announced that he quit after the
      match and the crowd responded by cheering and singing goodbye; The streak
      was kept alive as the Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels in one of the best
      matches in WrestleMania history. Lots and lots of near falls but it ended up
      with Taker delivering the Tombstone on HBK after he blocked a moonsault off
      the top rope for the pin; Triple H defeated Randy Orton to retain the WWE
      title with the Pedigree. The crowd was tired by this point and were pretty
      much dead for the whole match except for the ending.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7091]

      > WM 25 IS NOW THE HIGHEST GROSSING EVENT IN WWE HISTORY
      - WrestleMania 25 set a new record for WWE in terms of revenue collecting a
      whopping $6.9 million in revenue making it the highest grossing live event
      in WWE history. The attendance for this year's extravaganza was 72,744 with
      not many empty seats visible in the stadium. According to a press release
      issued today, WrestleMania 25 had more people than the SuperBowl XLIII in
      Tampa which did 70,774, Fans from all 50 states, 24 countries and 7 Canadian
      Provinces were in attendance. The next one is at the University of Phoenix
      Stadium in Glendale, AZ., on Sunday March 28, 2010.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7091]

      > ONLY SIX DIVAS RETURN FOR THE BATTLE ROYAL
      - In case you blinked and missed it, only six former WWE Divas returned to
      WrestleMania yesterday. These were Torrie Wilson, Jackie Gayda, Molly Holly,
      Victoria, Joy Giovanni and Sunny. All the rest - plus Santino - are the
      current Divas. Mae Young was in attendance as the guest time keeper and
      Candice Michelle who was injured delivered the crown. This is the second
      time in a row that Michelle lost out on a WrestleMania due to an injury.
      Where was Trish?
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7091]

      > ROURKE GETS PHYSICAL AT WRESTLEMANIA
      - After weeks and weeks of hype, Mickey Rourke did eventually appear at
      WrestleMania, sitting ringside as advertised. Rourke got physical after the
      Jericho vs Legends match and ended up knocking Jericho with a left hand. The
      original plan was supposed to be Rourke wrestling Jericho but after spilling
      the beans on national TV, his management pulled the plug on the angle
      causing a total rewrite of the story. Rourke's appearance at WrestleMania
      got some good publicity for WWE from outlets who usually do not cover
      wrestling. You can see some photos of Rourke in the ring at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Rourke_WrestleMania.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7091]

      > WWE PIMPS THEIR STOCK PERFORMANCE IN PRESS RELEASE
      - WWE is trying to get their stocks raised by sending out a press release
      saying that despite a challenging economy, the company's stoock outperformed
      other entertainment companies on both stock price performance and total
      return basis for Q1 2009. WWE listed CBS, Dreamworks, Time Warner, Marvel,
      Lions Gate, Viacom and Walt Disney as the losers. WWE stocks closed trading
      on Friday at 12.44 a piece.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > '12 ROUNDS' BOX OFFICE NUMBERS FOR THE WEEKEND
      - He may be the World champion again but he's nothing close to a champ when
      it comes to Hollywood as John Cena's '12 Rounds' continued to do, well, bad,
      in the box office this week. In its second week of release, the movie is up
      to $9,022,000 in total revenue, $2.3 million of which came during this past
      weekend. It registered a 56.8% drop from the previous weekend according to
      Boxofficemojo.com. Meanwhile, The Rock's 'Race To Witch Mountain' went up to
      $58,388,000 in total revenue in its four week release. Cena's movie was
      ninth on the box office chart while The Rock edged him out again placing in
      eighth.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]