    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2009

      Sunday April 5 2009 Issue #2985
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Tons of Hall Of Fame pictures have been uploaded on the website at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/gallery/v/WWEHOF2009/ . It was a cool event,
      but not necessarily good as in previous years. I did enjoy it though. It
      definitely had a faster flow. Koko B. Ware's parrot Frankie trying to eat
      his paper and pooping all over the place was probably the funniest moment of
      the night. Austin got a massive pop as expected but I was kinda disappointed
      by his speech. True, they didn't give him a lot of time but I was expecting
      a speech similar to Bret Hart's or Ric Flair's.

      Tonight is the big night. I'll be in fifth row watching the action. Not best
      seat in the house but oh well. After last year's front row it's certainly a
      step back! LOL.

      Enjoy the show if you're watching. Back tomorrow.

      > WRESTLEMANIA 25 LIVE ON PPV TONIGHT
      - It's finally that time of the year. Tonight, live from the Reliant Stadium
      on pay-per-view, WWE presents the twenty fifth anniversary of their biggest
      show, WrestleMania! A total of nine matches are on the card and they are:
      Triple H vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship; John Cena vs Big Show vs
      Edge for the World Heavyweight Title; JBL vs Rey Mysterio for the
      Intercontinental Title; Carlos & Primo vs The Miz & John Morrison to unify
      the World and WWE Tag Team Titles in a Lumberjack match; Jeff Hardy vs Matt
      Hardy in an Extreme Rules match; CM Punk vs Mark Henry vs Kane vs Shelton
      Benjamin vs Christian vs Finlay vs MVP vs Kofi Kingston in the Money In The
      Bank Ladder match; Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels; Chris Jericho vs WWE Hall
      of Famers Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka and Ricky Steamboat; and the 25
      Diva Miss WrestleMania battle royal!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7091]

      > HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES, PRESENTERS RESTRICTED BY TIMER
      - The Hall of Fame came and was gone pretty quickly as those doing the
      introductions and the inductees had a time limit. Just across the stage a
      big countdown timer was there to let the Superstars know when they had to
      wrap it up, something which wasn't done in previous years. Last year, Flair
      went way over the limit and Triple H had to constantly tell him to close.
      The major problem was that while Flair was talking, the show was airing on
      USA Network on a delay and the WWE production crew had to edit on the fly.
      Everyone basically kept to their limit except for Bill Watts who went over
      the limit by three times as much. Even Vince McMahon and Steve Austin had
      their time limits on although Austin went over by a few, but not as much as
      Watts.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7006]

      > SEVERAL SUPERSTARS MISS HALL OF FAME CEREMONY DUE TO AXXESS
      - Several WWE Superstars and Divas were missing from yesterday's Hall of
      Fame ceremony as they had other duties at Axxess. The unlucky ones included
      Kane, Santino Marella, Shelton Benjamin, Evan Bourne, MVP, Jillian and
      others. Undertaker, as usual, was never in the audience but backstage. Bobby
      'The Brain' Heenan made an appearance and so did Sunny, Diamond Dallas Page,
      Jimmy Hart and even Mickey Rourke was in attendance, receiving a big pop
      when Ricky Steamboat mentioned that this was his Oscar and the cameras went
      right on 'The Wrestler' actor. Best outfit of the night? Well that goes to
      Natalya Neidhart. Why? See for yourself at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Superstars_miss_HOF.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7006]

      > SECURITY KEPT BUSY AT THE HALL OF FAME
      - WWE and arena security had their hands full yesterday as they constantly
      were pin pointing out fans who were not obeying the rules. WWE security
      personnel throughout the arena were spotting fans who were chanting "What"
      or being disrespectful during the speeches and instructed arena security to
      go talk to them to stop. One guy even got a warning that he would be ejected
      out of the building if he continued with his routine. Security also
      confiscated a lot of tapes and digital cards. Anyone with a video camera or
      a large camera was checked on the spot by security and after viewing what
      was saved, security took necessary action. One guy was apparently video
      taping the whole thing and got his taped confiscated. Complaining did
      nothing to help his case!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7006]

      > CENA NAMED MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION WISH AMBASSADOR
      - Former WWE champ John Cena was named the Make-A-Wish Foundation's Wish
      Ambassador yesterday at the Reliant Center. In his new role, Cena will serve
      on the Wish's Ambassador Council and will assist in expanding the
      wish-granting outreach across the nation. John Cena is one of the
      most-requested celebrity for the Foundation, following the footsteps of Hulk
      Hogan and The Rock. "I really appreciate the fact that I was invited to be
      here with all of you guys," Cena said. "I just want to say thank you to make
      a Wish for making me a Wish Ambassador. This is a charity I firmly believe
      in. As I told Make-A-Wish, as long they'll have me, I'll be happy to donate
      my time, effort, whatever they need." The council is headed up by Michael
      Jordan and includes celebrities and sports figures, former wish children and
      parents.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      //->> THE CHAIR SHOT
      By Kevin I. Dodge -[kidodge@...]-

      WrestleMania 25!!! WOW, I can remember watching the first one. I never
      thought Mr. T and Cindy Lauper would be part of laying the groundwork for
      something so historic. It started out with greats like Andre the Giant, Big
      John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Wendy Richter, and even Hulk Hogan. A wrestling
      extravaganza that the world had never seen. Then over the years WrestleMania
      has produced some of the greatest matches in history. Savage vs. Steamboat,
      Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels, and the list goes on and on.

      Now, WrestleMania is the biggest show of the year. Every wrestler that has
      ever laced up boots and stepped in the ring dreams of competing on the main
      stage at WrestleMania. Fans from all around the world make a pilgrimage to
      the city that hosts the current wrestling Mecca. This year, it's Houston
      Texas. 70,000 fans are expected for the actual show. And who knows how many
      will show up for all the activities of this weekend.

      I will admit that for a 25th anniversary the card does seem a little
      lacking. Nothing against the Men and women competing at wrestle mania. But
      it just seems like it's missing something. But I'm not going to complain.
      Especially before the show even happens. I guess I should get to my
      predictions.

      The 25 Diva Battle Royal. There is a lot of great women wrestlers and a lot
      of Divas stepping in the ring. It's kind of unfortunate that wrestlers like
      Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, and Melina have to be put in the same category
      as Divas like Maryse, Maria, and Kelly Kelly. I'm not saying that Diva's
      haven't been training and improving, but the female wrestlers that have
      spent years honing their craft. And the women wrestlers are truly far more
      than just a pretty face. As far as a winner in this year's battle royal I am
      picking a competitor that is more than just a diva. A true wrestler. I'm
      talking of course of Santino Marella....Just kidding. I do hope he competes,
      because I enjoy a good laugh. And he always bring one. But I think that Gail
      Kim will win the battle Royal.

      Now onto the Tag Team unification title match. Who will be the most dominant
      team in the WWE. The Colon's or Miz and Morrison. As much as I like Carlito
      and Primo, Miz and Morrison really are a much better tag team. Maybe not
      better individual wrestlers, but a better team. So without dragging it out,
      Miz and Morrison will walk out with both tag title belts.

      The Intercontinental championship between JBL and Rey Mysterio should be
      interesting. JBL is claiming he is going to make history. And I believe that
      he will make Mysterio his last victim. I think that not only will JBL win,
      but after the match he will retire. Making him the first wrestler to ever
      retire while being a current intercontinental champion. I don't really
      expect much out of this match. I have always found both of these guys to be
      over rated. Great wrestlers and both fit to be intercontinental champion.
      But main event material, I just find that hard to believe.

      The elimination style match should definitely be a fan favorite. One of the
      best mic men in wrestling now, Chris Jericho vs. Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka,
      and Ricky Steamboat. With Ric Flair in their corner and Mickey Rourke
      sitting ringside. I expect to see Jericho eliminate both Superfly and the
      Rowdy one. Then with the help of Rourke and Flair, Steamboat will get the
      final pin and eliminate Jericho. I would love to see Jericho take it all and
      win the match, but you're going to have to get Mickey involved. After the
      match, no matter who the winner is you know there will be a serious Hall of
      Famer celebration in the ring. Each taking turns putting Jericho through the
      paces with their individual finishing moves. Ending up with a classic figure
      four leg lock. While the celebration continues in the ring, Jericho will
      surely make his way back up the ramp, holding his head, and whining. That's
      what makes Chris so great.

      The Money in the Bank match always steals the show. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP
      vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Finlay vs. Kofi
      Kingston. The talent in this match is phenomenal. The only problem is 5 of
      the wrestlers are good mid card wrestlers, but are just not ready for a
      title shot. I think they proved that last year with Punk. A great wrestler,
      but he's not ready to be the face of the WWE. Same with Shelton Benjamin,
      Mark Henry, Finlay, and Kofi. So that narrows the field down to Christian,
      MVP, and Kane. With MVP being the reigning US champion I don't see him
      getting the briefcase. And Kane is an awful big man to be climbing up that
      ladder to get the contract. So by default I see Christian winning. Plus when
      Edge regains the title later this year it will make for a good feud.

      Mr. WrestleMania vs. the WrestleMania streak. Light vs. Dark. Good vs. Evil.
      For starters I have the utmost respect for both men. But this match would
      have been so much better 5 or 10 years ago. I guess we could call it the
      "hair club for men" match. Even though this match has had a lot of build up
      and history, I'm not sure how exciting it will be. Both men are true Icons,
      but on the other hand, neither is even close to being at the top of their
      game. Shawn and Taker always know how to give the crowd a great show. And
      when it comes to ring psychology there is nobody better. The history of the
      Undertaker and Shawn Michaels has to seem to be pretty one sided. Michaels
      has always come out the victor. This time shall be different. Evil shall
      overcome good. Taker should keep his WrestleMania streak going and will
      finally gain a victory over Mr. WrestleMania.

      The match that I believe everyone is looking forward to is the Brother vs.
      Brother Extreme Rules match. Jeff and Matt Hardy are one of the greatest
      stories in wrestling history. Brothers following their dream and rising to
      the top of the wrestling world. Fans in general are so pissed off at Matt
      right now. He is doing great. I always thought that Jeff needed to step up
      his mic work. Maybe this can be the push that Jeff needs for personal
      improvement. And Matt can get the push he deserves in his professional
      career. For Matt to turn his back on everyone was a stroke of genius. And
      even though is sounds cold and heartless, I love the fact they are using
      real life tragedies as part of their storyline. It puts that much emotion
      behind their feud. Plus anyone who has ever had a sibling can only imagine
      the betrayal that Jeff is going feeling. I'm going out on a limb here, but
      I'm predicting that Matt will prevail over Jeff at WrestleMania.
      The World Heavyweight Championship triple threat Match. Edge vs. Big Show
      vs. John Cena. There are a lot of variables in this match. The love triangle
      with Vickie in the middle is just downright creepy. Edge is a great
      champion. This should be a hard hitting match. But in the end I see Cena
      pinning Big Show and walking out the new Heavyweight Champ.

      Finally we have the biggest storyline of the whole show. Triple H vs. Randy
      Orton for the WWE title. This has been a vicious feud. Orton has taken the
      role of a heel to a whole new level. Especially using his IED (Intermittent
      Explosive Disorder) as an excuse for his actions. I did a little research on
      IED and found it interesting that one of the causes of its onset is steroid
      use and abuse. I'm not saying that is the reason, but it can be a cause. You
      would think that the WWE would do a little better homework before they use
      something like this in a storyline. But besides all that the match should be
      a hell of a fight. The bad blood between these 2 is incredible. Triple H has
      not won a WrestleMania match in a few years. So I am expecting him to keep
      his belt. Orton may beat him for it in the future, but not right now.

      I'm really excited about WrestleMania, as I am every year. I hope that it
      doesn't let anyone down. Enjoy the show everyone. And feel free to let me
      know what you think.