    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009

      Friday April 3 2009 Issue #2983
      Using Twitter? http://twitter.com/wrestlingonline

      Hello from Houston! After more than 19 hours I finally made it to my hotel
      room. The Customs & Border Patrol people at the Houston George Bush
      Intercontinental airport were in no hurry whatsoever to let people in and I
      stayed in line for 45 minutes to get through. Others were not so lucky and
      stayed more. The secret of traveling to the US is that as soon as you get
      your butt off the plane, you either a) run or b) walk quickly to be first in
      line. I wasn't first, I was fifth in my line but still it took 45 minutes to
      process the previous four. Unbelievable.

      Some old lady on the flight was asking the guy next to her why there are so
      many young men on the flight to Houston! LOL. Well she's from Houston and
      didn't even have any idea WrestleMania was coming to town. She must not have
      a TV or read a newspaper. Or it shows you the piss poor job that the Houston
      community did to promote the event.

      I'm off to Axxess tonight and hopefully I will be able to have photos
      tomorrow morning. If not, you have to wait till I get back home. But I
      should have them on this weekend....at least I'll use some bandwidth from
      this $12.95 per day Internet connection. Ouch.

      Remember tonight on Ringside Live, Ian Hamilton and Adam Firestorm will
      welcome former WWE head referee and official Dave Hebner on the show for the
      WrestleMania preview. Hebner has been involved in many, many WrestleMania's
      and was the referee of some of the biggest main events on the show so it
      should be fun. I should also be calling in live from Axxess, my first time
      on Ringside Live! :) The show starts at 7PM EST / 6PM Houston time and for
      more information you can go to http://www.theringsidelive.com

      > WRESTLEMANIA AXXESS KICKS OFF
      - WrestleMania Axxess kicked off yesterday night with WWE Superstars Rey
      Mysterio, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, R-Truth, John Cena, Kane, The Great
      Khali, William Regal, Layla, Jim Ross and others appearing. Tonight there
      will be the THQ Superstar Challenge with the Legends of WrestleMania game as
      well as segments taped for Smackdown Scheduled to make an appearance tonight
      between 6 and 8 are Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Ted DiBiase, Cody
      Rhodes, Mark Henry and Cryme Tyme while from 8 to 10 there will be Edge,
      Matt Hardy, Jerry Lawler, Jack Swagger, Eve and Candice Michelle.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7090]

      > CELEBRITIES IN ATTENDANCE CONFIRMED FOR WRESTLEMANIA
      The United Press International website at UPI.com is carrying an article
      about Mickey Rourke attending this year's WrestleMania festivities. The
      website also noted that apart from Rourke and Kid Rock and Nicole
      Scherzinger - who will be this year's musical acts - other celebrities
      scheduled to be present at the show are Carl Edwards, Evander Holyfield,
      Michael Clarke Duncan, Chester Pitts, Chris Myers, Eric Winston, Mario
      Williams and Travis Johnson.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7090]

      > WWE PULLS JIMMY HART FROM BOOKER T FAN FEST THEN RECONSIDERS
      - Jimmy Hart was pulled from the Booker T Legends of Wrestling fan fest
      because he is now doing work for WWE again. However the company had a change
      of heart and after negotiations between WWE and Booker T, Hart will now be
      able to appear. WWE pulled several Superstars from his booking by offering
      them a chance to appear at Axxess and enjoy WrestleMania. In a posting on
      his website, Booker T said that this action "restores his faith in the WWE"
      and is grateful that the company reconsidered their decision. The fan fest
      is tonight.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > TEASER POSTER FOR AUSTIN'S NEXT MOVIE
      - A teaser poster for the upcoming Steve Austin movie 'Damage' has been
      released. The movie also has Laura Vandervoort, Walton Goggins and Lynda
      Boyd among other stars. While production has been complete there is still no
      distributor for the movie which was shot in British Columbia. This will be
      Austin's second feature in a leading role after his first WWE Studios movie,
      'The Condemned' bombed big time. You can see the teaser poster at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Teaser_poster_Damage.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > AP LOOKS AT 25 YEARS OF WRESTLEMANIA
      - The Associated Press has a story regarding WrestleMania which a lot of
      online newspaper websites picked up giving WWE some extra free advertising
      going in their most important weekend of the year. The story was done with
      the help of WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, who was interviewed over the phone
      for it. Hogan talks about slamming Andre The Giant, his match with The Rock
      at WrestleMania 18 and other WM moments. "It's kind of interesting, that was
      going to be the nail in my coffin. It turned out to be the fountain of youth
      for me," Hogan said referring to how the fans at the Sky Dome reacted to him
      at WrestleMania 18. You can read the full article at
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090402/ap_on_en_tv/tv_wrestlemania_retrospectiv
      e_5
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7090]