    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 1:00 PM

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Sunday February 1, 2009 Issue #2935

      Congratulations go to Jenniffer Moore from Missouri and runner up winner
      Carl Feldman from Florida for winning our WrestleMania XXV promotion. Both
      Jennifer and Carl will be able to take a guest of their choosing to Houston,
      TX., and attend the Hall of Fame ceremony, WrestleMania XXV and a nice limo
      ride to the show plus three nights hotel at the Renaissance Houston Greenway
      Plaza hotel. We might do this again for next year's WrestleMania although
      that decision is not final yet.

      On Friday we welcomed Ken Shamrock on Ringside Live where he discusses his
      upcoming fights, the Lion's Den gyms, working in the UFC and WWE etc. The
      UFC Hall of Famer joined us in the second hour for those interested in
      listening to the podcast. I'd like to thank Heather for arranging this
      interview and Ken for taking time out of his busy schedule to join us. I
      know he had to cancel on other shows due to his father's health and other
      issues so we're grateful that he did it. You can listen to it at
      http://www.theringsidelive.com

      Not much happening this weekend, pretty slow few days. Back tomorrow.

      > TNA OFFERS JOB TO FORMER ILLINOIS GOVERNOR
      - First it was Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, now its former Illinois Governor
      Rod Blagojevich. TNA Wrestling is looking for some extra publicity by
      offering the impeached Illinois Governor the job as the Chairman of the Main
      Event Mafia. "He's innocent until proven guilty," Kurt Angle said. "As the
      leader of the Main Event Mafia, I am a huge fan of the Illinois style of
      politics. As such, Governor Blagojevich is welcome to join me and the entire
      Main Event Mafia at any and all TNA events in the future, and certainly is
      welcome to sell his seat with us should he choose not to accept our generous
      offer." Rod Blagojevich was arrested at the end of last year for conspiring
      to sell the senate seat vacated by then-President Elect Barack Obama to the
      highest bidder. The Illinois House of Representatives voted almost
      unanimously in favor of impeachment by a margin of 114-1.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7031]

      > HOOBASTANK SONG CHOSEN AS DESTINATION X THEME
      - TNA Wrestling has chosen Hoobastank's song 'My Turn' as the official theme
      song for the Destination X pay-per-view from his latest album 'Fornever'.
      The song will be used to promote the show and in video packages leading up
      to the event. Meanwhile we have also received the poster for the Destination
      X show which you can see at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/TNA/TNA_DX_2009_poster.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > TWO AC/DC SONGS CHOSEN AS WRESTLEMANIA THEMES
      - AC/DC will be contributing two songs for the WrestleMania XXV pay-per-view
      as WWE has chosen the Australian rock band's music as the official theme
      songs for the show. The live version of 'Shoot To Thrill' from their 1992
      AC/DC Live album and 'War Machine' from their latest 2008 album Black Ice
      are the two songs that over the next two months you will listen over and
      over again to promote the 25th anniversary of the grand daddy of them all!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=]

      > TRISH STRATUS WANTS MATCH AGAINST PHOENIX AT WRESTLEMANIA
      - In a recent interview conducted by SLAM! Wrestling, former WWE Women's
      champion Trish Stratus revealed that she would love to be able to
      participate at WrestleMania XXV although no one from the company contacted
      her about it yet. "I would definitely like the chance to finish off what I
      started with Beth in a one-on-one scenario. No tagging out, no Santino
      shenanigans, just one dominant female against the other." Trish made a one
      time appearance a couple of weeks ago when RAW rolled into Toronto and
      teamed up with John Cena to take on Beth Phoenix and Santino Marella.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6968]

      (C) Copyright 1996-2009 Wrestling-Online.com