    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2009

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Tuesday January 13, 2009 Issue #2920

      Watching that promo video of Austin's Hall of Fame announcement got me
      pumped up. Watching Bret Hart and Ric Flair getting inducted was an awesome
      experience (as was just watching The Rock talk for 30 minutes last year) and
      I'm sure being there for Austin's will be just as great. The man can talk
      and it should make for a great speech. Can't wait!

      FANTASY WRESTLING LEAGUE - WIN £100 CASH!

      Join the FREE Talk Wrestling Online Fantasy Wrestling League

      Your chance to win a £100 (about $150) cash prize.

      It's FREE to play so join today! Entry Deadline is 25th January

      http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/fantasy-wrestling-league.php

      > AUSTIN'S HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCEMENT OFFICIAL
      - Stone Cold Steve Austin's announcement for the Hall of Fame was made
      official yesterday during Monday Night RAW following WWE.COM's removal of
      the graphic during the weekend. Austin is the first one to be announced for
      the Class of 2009 and will be the main event. It's not known yet who will
      induct the Rattlesnake during the ceremony. Tickets for the general public
      go on sale on January 17 but those wishing to get their ticket now can use
      the code LEGEND at Toyotacentertix.com. Steve Austin's career in the WWE is
      one of the most decorated, winning the WWE title six times, the IC title
      twice, tag team titles four times with four different partners, King of the
      Ring and three time Royal Rumble winner.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7006]

      > COWBOY BILL WATTS NOTIFIED OF HALL OF FAME INDUCTION
      - Georgiann Makropoulos over at Wrestlingfigs.com is reporting that Cowboy
      Bill Watts has been notified that he was chosen to be a part of the 2009 WWE
      Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Watts sent an e-mail to his friends saying
      he got the call from WWE and called it "an honor" to be chosen. Watts also
      wrote about who he would like to present him at the show. "But without a
      doubt...if it is agreed to by them (WWE)...there can be no other...than Jim
      Ross," the former WCW Executive Vice President said. Watts mentioned that
      Ross was always a supporter of his and he has been with him for a long time.
      "Also hoping I can still gently influence him into writing a favorable
      speech about me...and not revealing the 'few flaws' that someone so close
      for so many years may think they have perceived," Watts added. With Austin
      on the card as well that might pose a problem as Austin could ask his good
      friend JR to do the honors for him. WWE ultimately has the final say on who
      inducts who at the Hall of Fame.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > STARRCADE DVD OUT TODAY
      - WWE released the triple disc Starrcade DVD today which features twenty
      five full matches from the best of Starrcade along with the usual sit-down
      documentary style interviews. Titled 'Starrcade - The Essential Collection',
      the DVD has old photos of Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and Sting on the artwork
      and all the matches were chosen by the WWE fans in an online poll on
      WWE.COM. You can see the full match listings and chapters of the DVD at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Starrcade_DVD.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6938]

      > LAW WEBSITE LOOKS AT WWE'S NEW GENERAL COUNSEL
      - LAW.COM has an article online about Jared Bartie who is the new general
      counsel for World Wrestling Entertainment. Bartie is heading up a 14-person
      legal team who negotiate live event contracts, publishing rights, go after
      copyright infringements and fake WWE merchandise and anything else that
      usually requires, well, a legal representative. This is Bartie's second
      stint with the company after in 2001 he was hired as the VP of Legal Affairs
      for the XFL. You can read the article at
      http://www.law.com/jsp/ihc/PubArticleIHC.jsp?id=1202427391263
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > SMACKDOWN! SETS NEW VIEWERSHIP RECORD ON MYNETWORKTV
      - Smackdown! is turning out to be MyNetworkTV's best purchase ever as last
      Friday's show shattered all previous records with a total number of 3.9
      million viewers tuning in to see the show. It also matched the highest
      rating with a 2.2 share among household audiences which was set by
      Smackdown! last year.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      (C) Copyright 1996-2009 Wrestling-Online.com