    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009

      Win a weekend in Houston, TX., for WM XXV

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/wmxxv

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Friday January 2, 2009 Issue #2911

      Today we kick off the WrestleMania XXV Promotion where two winners and their
      guests will be spending the weekend in Houston, TX., for the biggest event
      of the year! The prizes are:

      - 3 nights hotel accommodation at the Renaissance Houston Greenway Plaza
      - 2 tickets for WWE WrestleMania XXV
      - 2 tickets for the 2009 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
      - Round trip limousine ride from hotel to Reliant Stadium on WrestleMania
      Sunday

      The first of 25 questions that will be part of the WrestleMania XXV
      promotion has been posted. Each question will be visible for one day only
      until the next question appears. Questions will be posted at around 3PM EST
      every day. Participants will have to save each question until the final day
      when a form will be available to input all the answers and submitted along
      with entrant's information.

      For more information check out the WMXXV Promotion page at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/wmxxv/ . The first question - and
      all other daily questions - are posted at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/

      Ringside Live returns tonight with Ian Hamilton and Adam Firestorm back
      after two weeks off. We'll have audio from the after party of 'The
      Wrestler', interviews conducted by our LA correspondent Joseph Palreiro with
      Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, Chyna and more. His write up
      about the premiere and after party are also in today's issue below the news.
      You can listen to Ringside Live tonight at 7PM EST at
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ringsidelive/ or else download the podcast from
      your iTunes after the show is over.

      > RAW ENDS THE YEAR ON A HIGH RATING
      - The last RAW of 2008 ended with a bang as the show received a 3.5 rating
      off hours 3.3 and 3.7. That is the highest number that the show has done in
      months and certainly a great way for the company the end the year. (Ratings
      compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > PHOENIX, MICHELLE, LAYLA IN FLEX MAGAZINE
      - WWE Divas Beth Phoenix, Candice Michelle and Layla El are featured in the
      February 2009 issue of FLEX Magazine. Thankfully FLEX decided to have less
      story and some pretty hot steamy pictures of the three WWE Divas who look
      absolutely stunning - and sweaty - in their pictorial. "WWE Divas are used
      to applying headlocks, but in these exclusive photos for FLEX, the female
      stars of Monday night RAW prove they're also comfortable turning heads,"
      reads the preview in the magazine. And as always, we're delivering the goods
      as well as you can see all 9 photos from the magazine at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Divas_Flex_Mag.shtml . Beth
      Phoenix never looked so sexy! Yep, happy new year!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - The following videos are on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports chart
      for the week ending January 10. 'The Twisted, Disturbed Life Of Kane' sits
      in third place followed by 'Hell In A Cell' in fourth, 'Viva La Raza: The
      Legacy Of Eddie Guerrero' in fifth, 'The History Of The Intercontinental
      Championship' in sixth, 'Twist Of Fate: The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story' in
      seventh, 'WrestleMania XXIV' moves back in the list in the eighth place and
      'The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment' wraps up the
      list in the tenth place.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > TNA SUPERSTARS IN JAPAN FOR SUPER SHOW
      - Several TNA Superstars and officials are in Tokyo, Japan, as they get
      ready to participate in the Tokyo Dome super show with New Japan Pro
      Wrestling. The show will take place on January 4 and TNA cameras will be
      filming everything and parts of it will air at a later date on Spike TV in a
      show they titled 'Global iMPACT! 2'. This is the second year in a row that
      TNA has gone over to Japan in the new year for an inter-promotional show.
      The main event will be Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Riki Choshu, Masahiro Chono
      vs Giant Bernard, Tomohiro Ishii, Karl Anderson and Takashi Iizuka.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      //->> 'THE WRESTLER' PREMIERE AND AFTER PARTY RECAP
      By Joseph Palreiro

      The Academy Theater in Beverly Hills, CA was the site of the premiere of
      Darren Aronofsky's latest directorial offering, "The Wrestler", starring
      Mickey Rourke, Marisa Tomei, and Evan Rachel Wood.

      I settled in about an hour prior to showtime, and watched quite an eclectic
      mix of professional wrestlers and Hollywood celebrities make their way into
      the auditorium. Actors, Chaz Palminteri and Robert Davi enjoyed the
      festivities, as did Harry Hamlin ("LA Law") and his wife, Lisa Rinna
      ("Dancing with The Stars"). And no Hollywood event would be complete without
      an appearance from adult film legend Ron Jeremy and his "Surreal Life"
      co-star, the lovely (and she looked amazing) Joanie "Chyna" Laurer.

      Darren Aronofsky began the proceedings with a brief introduction of the
      film, in which he brought up the film's stars, and then acknowledged several
      of the wrestlers in the audience, all of whom he refers to respectfully as
      'legends'. We were treated to brief glimpses of Rowdy Roddy Piper, who
      received an especially
      impressive round of applause, along with Diamond Dallas Page, who gave us
      all a nice "Bang!", and unofficial film consultants Greg "The Hammer"
      Valentine and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

      Aronofsky then mentioned another legend in attendance who he was looking
      forward to meeting, and then introduced none other than Ric Flair. Every
      head in the room, including mine, spun around looking for him. I quickly
      located him on the aisle 4 rows behind me. The reaction was bordering on
      reverance. It was a great lead-in to the film.

      The film received a lengthy ovation at its conclusion, which was followed by
      a stream of people heading for the afterparty. At which I spotted director
      Oliver Stone ("Platoon", "JFK"), actor/singer Jared Leto, actress Edie
      McClurg ("Ferris Bueller's
      Day Off"), John C. McGinley ("Scrubs") and Matthew Perry ("Friends").

      But I was here to talk to wrestlers. Unfortunately I missed out on Ric
      Flair, who apparently called it an early night, and Lex Luger. But I did get
      the chance to speak with Ernest "The Cat" Miller, who plays "The Ayatollah",
      Randy "The Ram"s arch-rival in the film, Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake,
      Diamond Dallas Page (including a great story about himself, Kevin Nash and
      strip clubs that you MAY hear another time), "The Fallen Angel" Christopher
      Daniels (he assured me that his return to TNA is imminent, as soon as they
      can find a proper situation in which to re-introduce him), and after chasing
      him for about an hour, Roddy Piper. Everyone was incredibly cooperative,
      and Page, Daniels and Piper were exceeding gracious and generous with their
      time. You'll be able to hear some of my conversations with them on "Ringside
      Live" tonight at 7PM EST.

      Thus concludes 2 of the busiest, and most enjoyable weeks of my life.
      Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to share more with you in the year to
      come.

      Happy New Year, everybody!

      (C) Copyright 1996-2009 Wrestling-Online.com