    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9 1:20 PM

      Win a weekend in Houston, TX., for WM XXV
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/wmxxv

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Tuesday December 9th 2008 Issue #2897

      I received my WrestleMania ticket today. 5th row. Not bad, but could have
      been better! That's the farthest I've been in six WrestleMania's. 5th row
      doesn't bother me that much but the fact that I'm in one of the corner
      sections, well, that does! 5th row in the corner seems like 10th row in a
      normal section. I hope there's no structure in front of me or else I'll be
      even more pissed. LOL.

      One of the two lucky winners who will win our WM XXV promotion will have a
      better view than me since the seats are right in the middle in the first
      elevated section! Ah, such is life.

      > JOEY STYLES PUNCHES OUT JBL DURING IRAQ TOUR
      - PWinsider.com is reporting that former WWE Champion John 'Bradshaw'
      Layfield got his lights knocked out during the Iraq tour thanks to the
      former ECW commentator Joey Styles. Styles, who heads up the WWE.COM
      division, was on his first tour of Tribute to the Troops and JBL made it a
      point to make his life a living hell with jokes and the typical JBL nonsense
      that makes him every new wrestler's enemy backstage at shows. Known for his
      hazing, JBL "bullied" Styles according to Mike Johnson over at PWInsider.com
      and when Styles couldn't take it anymore he simply did what others wish
      they'd done before - knock him the f out. Styles punched JBL in front of
      everyone, cutting him below the eye and giving him a nice shiner. JBL
      eventually stopped his jokes on Styles after the humiliation and the two
      continued the tour without any more incidents. Good job Joey and...OH MY
      GOD!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6963]

      > AND THE SLAMMY AWARDS GO TO....
      - The Slammy Awards were given out yesterday during a special three hour
      edition of Monday Night RAW. The Slammys made its return after being absent
      from WWE since 1997 when the last one was held during the week of
      WrestleMania 13. In total - including WWE.COM only - 14 awards were
      presented and the winners are: Chris Jericho won Superstar of the Year; Diva
      of the Year went to Beth Phoenix; John Morrison & The Miz won Tag Team of
      the Year; Edge & Vickie Guerrero won the Couple of the Year; Breakout Star
      of the Year went to Vladmir Kozlov; Evan Bourne's amazing shooting star
      press got him the Best Finishing Move of the Year; Ric Flair vs Shawn
      Michaels nabbed the Match of the Year award; Jeff Hardy jumping off the
      lighting structure won the Most Extreme Moment of the Year; OMG Moment of
      the Year was awarded to CM Punk for his win over Edge for the World title;
      ECW's Todd Grisham & Matt Striker won Best Announce Team of the Year; Damn
      Moment of the Year went to the Great Khali for his Kiss Cam segment; The
      Dirt Sheet won the Best WWE.COM show of the Year; Charlie Haas as Beth
      Phoenix landed him the Best Impersonator Award of the Year; and R-Truth
      received the Best Musical Performance of the Year.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6941]

      > KELLY KELLY MEETS SOLDIER WHO TRIED TO RECRUIT HER AT SCHOOL
      - Just like the Disney song goes, it's a small world after all. In an
      article carried by the American Forces Press Service, Army Sgt. Kenneth
      Cisson ended up meeting the person who he was trying to recruit for the
      military two years ago in his hometown of Jacksonville, FL., after the
      Tribute to the Troops show. That individual today is known to wrestling fans
      as WWE Diva Kelly Kelly. Cisson was working at her high school when he
      approached her to join the military. "I remember trying to talk her into
      joining the Guard or reserves for extra money while she was in college," he
      said. "I never imagined her as a wrestler; she was a cheerleader and worked
      as a waitress back home. I found out she was one of the divas coming and
      hoped I would get the chance to see her," he added. The two met and talked
      about life back home and what's new since they met the first time. You can
      read the article at
      http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=52226
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6909]

      > NICK BOLLEA PHOTOGRAPHED WITH MOM LINDA AND BOYFRIEND
      - Ever since being released from Pinellas County Jail in October, Hulk
      Hogan's son Nick has been out of the public eye which is a pretty damn good
      idea since he still has five years probation and has to wrap up 500 hours of
      community service. The former 'Hogan Knows Best' TV "star" was spotted at
      the XFC - Xtreme Fighting Championships - event in Tampa, FL., last weekend
      with his mom Linda and her 19 year old boyfriend Charlie Hill. It looked
      more like Linda hanging out with two sons rather than a son and a boyfriend.
      Photographers captured a shot of all three together which you can see at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Nick_Bollea_XFC.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      (C) Copyright 1996-2008 Wrestling-Online.com