    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Monday November 10th 2008 Issue #2874

      Our WrestleMania hotel promotion, offering $99 a night rate for the
      WrestleMania weekend, has just been extended by the Renaissance Houston
      Greenway Plaza after all our allocated rooms have been reserved. We're doing
      this on first come first served basis and the hotel told us they will try
      and add more rooms to our promotion code depending on availability if we're
      sold out again. The price is for April 3 to April 6, 2009 and if you plan to
      arrive sooner in Texas or extend your stay you will have to first book your
      room for the weekend then call to extend your stay. Normal rates will apply
      for any other dates. You can get more information about this and book
      through
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/wmxxv/ . The promotion code is
      'wrmwrma' if for some reason it is not applied to your booking from the
      start. You should have 'WRESTLEMANIA XXV' in the description after you apply
      the code.

      Eric Knudsen has his latest article which features an interview with former
      OVW star Dean Visk at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/Columns_12/Around_The_Ring_-_11_10_08.s
      html

      A big shout out goes to all US Marines receiving this newsletter wherever
      your are...happy 233rd birthday folks!

      BROCK LESNAR vs RANDY COUTURE
      Who is going to win? Bet on it now!
      http://www.bodoglife.com/welcome/2722266

      > STING RETAINS TITLE AT TURNING POINT
      - Here are the results from yesterday's TNA Turning Point pay-per-view. Eric
      Young defeated Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed, Petey Williams,
      Jimmy Rave, Homicide, Doug Williams, Tanahashi & Volador to become the
      number one contender the X Division title; Taylor Wilde & Roxxi defeated
      Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed; Rhino defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir; Beer Money
      defeated Motor City Machineguns; Booker T defeated Christian Cage to retain
      the Legends title; Kurt Angle defeated Abyss in a Falls Count Anywhere
      match; Kevin Nash defeated Samoa Joe; and Sting retained the TNA title by
      defeating AJ Styles.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6919]

      > DYKSTRA, BURKE, YADA RELEASED FROM WWE
      - Three more have joined the unemployed list as Kenny Dykstra, Elijah Burke
      and Lena Yada were released from their WWE contracts effective today.
      Dykstra - who was seventeen when he made his WWE debut - signed with the
      company in 2003 and was thrown into to the Spirit Squad group on RAW. He was
      drafted to Smackdown! in 2007 where he was barely used. Burke joined WWE in
      2006 and after a short stint on Smackdown! moved to ECW and became the
      leader of the New Breed group. He hasn't been on television for months. Yada
      was one of the 2007 Diva Search contestants becoming the sixth one
      eliminated from the show. She moved to ECW in the beginning of this year and
      last appeared in the Halloween Costume Contest at Cyber Sunday.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6915]

      > OVER $4.8 MILLION IN TICKET SALES REGISTERED FOR WRESTLEMANIA
      - In a press release issued earlier today WWE announced that ticket sales
      for WrestleMania have already exceeded $4.8 million with fans from 24
      countries, all 50 states and 7 Canadian provinces attending to the 25th
      anniversary event. No number of ticket sales has been released but judging
      from Ticketmaster.com it seems that tickets are moving slower than previous
      WrestleMania's. The show is expected to bring upwards of $50 million into
      the local economy with a weeklong schedule of activities in Houston.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6914]

      > WWE REVEALS PLANS FOR WM MARKETING CAMPAIGN WITH AFFILIATES
      - WWE has a big promotional campaign to boost its pay-per-view buys for
      WrestleMania which will include "an aggressive array of traditional
      marketing tactics" according to Multichannel News including cross-channel
      spots, ad slicks, Web banners, on-hold messages, telemarketing and e-blasts.
      This was revealed during the Cable & Telecommunications Association for
      Marketing Summit which is being held in Boston, MA. There will also be a
      national sweepstakes supported with WWE's television shows, publications and
      online outlets. Several WWE Superstars and Divas will get on the road for
      appearances at retail stores and top restaurants in key markets which will
      be set up in partnership with local cable operators in the area.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6914]

      > RESIGNING WWE COO TO RECEIVE ON YEAR SEVERANCE PAY
      - Michael Sileck, the WWE Chief Operating Officer who is resigning at the
      end of the year, will be receiving a one year salary continuation beginning
      January 1, 2009 according to the latest 8-K documents filed by the company.
      He will also get medical benefits during his one year severance period and
      the vesting of restricted stock units valued at $115,000 using the market
      price for our Class A common stock. This means that Sileck was forced out of
      the company rather than he just resigning to move on to a different job.
      Meanwhile his replacement, Donna Goldsmith, will see her salary increased to
      $500,000 per year. She's currently the Senior Vice President of Consumer
      Products. She will also be granted 20,000 restricted stock units, which will
      vest over a three-year period. Under the terms of her new employment
      arrangements, she would be entitled to two years salary and medical benefits
      continuation if her employment with WWE were to be terminated without cause.

      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6920]

      (C) Copyright 1996-2008 Wrestling-Online.com