    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008

      Full Coverage: Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo Slice
      http://www.MMAOnline.com

      Tuesday September 2nd 2008 Issue #2821

      Okay I'll say again what I said yesterday, if you're participating in the
      TNA iMPACT! Xbox 360 promotion we have, make sure you read the question
      correctly. There were quite a few who messed up the answer because it's a
      bit 'tricky'. You have till September 12th to participate. All at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/tnaimpact/

      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > LESNAR VS COUTURE FOR THE UFC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE OFFICIAL
      - UFC President Dana White held a media conference call just minutes ago to
      announce the heavyweight fight between Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture for
      UFC 91 to be held at the MGM Arena in Las Vegas, NV., on November 15th. This
      fight will be for the UFC Heavyweight title. Couture left the UFC in October
      2007 while he was still their Heavyweight champion over payment and contract
      issues despite having a couple of fights left in his deal. Couture won his
      UFC title back in March of last year against Tim Sylvia and then
      successfully defended it against Brazilian Gabriel Gonzaga in August. In the
      beginning of this year, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira won the UFC Interim
      Heavyweight title and Couture was offered the possibility to fight him twice
      to unify both belts but refused. Whomever wins this match will go on to meet
      the winner of Nogueira vs Mir to unify the titles next year. Lesnar's MMA
      record stands at 2-1 (with one match prior to joining UFC) while Couture
      stands at 16-8.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6787]

      > JAKKS PACIFIC CEO COMMENTS ON THE DISMISSED WWE LAWSUIT
      - JAKKS Pacific issued another press release today to announce that WWE's
      entire case against JAKKS Pacific and its senior officers has been dismissed
      by the Connecticut court. The same court also dismissed WWE's state
      antitrust claim based on the lack of any antitrust injury under Connecticut
      State law. Despite the court's ruling, WWE said that they will be appealing
      the decision. "From the outset, we have maintained that WWE's claims against
      us were meritless and part of an attempt by WWE to force us to relinquish
      our financial stake in our licenses. We have refused to be bullied into
      submission and are delighted that the Connecticut Court has granted summary
      judgment in our favor," said Jack Friedman, Chairman and Chief Executive
      Officer of JAKKS Pacific.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5688]

      > WWE ACKNOWLEDGES HBK'S INJURY
      - While Shawn Michaels suffered his triceps injury on Sunday during the RAW
      tapings, the WWE website did not acknowledge the injury till after RAW aired
      yesterday night. The former WWE Heavyweight champion is expected to have
      more medical examinations done on his arm today after it was revealed on
      Sunday night that he damaged his left triceps. Shawn Michaels is insisting
      that no matter what he's going ahead with his match against Chris Jericho
      this Sunday at Unforgiven but if he doesn't get cleared to wrestle by
      doctors the match will have to be postponed. Jericho vs Michaels - if it
      happens - is expected to be the main event of Unforgiven.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6789]

      > ONE MONTH TO GO FOR WWE'S ARRIVAL ON MYNETWORKTV
      - One month from today, WWE will be airing their first show on MyNetworkTV,
      a day before Smackdown! makes its debut on its new home. On September 2nd a
      WrestleMania XXIV special will be airing featuring highlights of this year's
      mega event from Orlando, FL. It will serve as a WWE 'introduction' so to
      speak to the MyNetworkTV viewers and then the next night the season premiere
      of Smackdown! lands on MyNetworkTV, the first time the show will air on a
      different network since it started on UPN, which later renamed itself to CW
      Network. A countdown on the MyNetworkTV.com website and a lot of advertising
      with Triple H, Edge, Undertaker and other Smackdown! Superstars are in full
      force to promote the show's arrival. MyNetworkTV is considered one of the
      least important networks in the United States and Smackdown!'s arrival will
      surely help with some much needed exposure. MyNetworkTV is composed of
      former UPN and WB channels which were not picked as part of the CW Network.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5936]

      > CYBER SUNDAY PPV POSTER
      - The current World Heavyweight champion CM Punk is on the poster for the
      Cyber Sunday pay-per-view which airs in the beginning of October. The very
      basic poster has Punk - without his World title - and the Cyber Sunday logo
      on the top right with Punk delivering a cross body on Batista faded in the
      background. Steve Austin is being hyped as making a special appearance
      during this show. You can check it out at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/CS_2008_poster.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6765]

      > LINDA BOLLEA PHOTOGRAPHED WITH BOYFRIEND ON THE BEACH
      - 49 year old Linda Bollea, soon-to-be ex wife of WWE Hall of Famer Hulk
      Hogan was photographed with her 19 year old 'boyfriend' in Clearwater, FL.,
      at the beach. The pictures look more like they posed for them rather than
      the usual candid shots that paparazzi are known to snap. Cougar Linda has
      been dating Nick look-a-like Charlie Hill for a while now and is not on
      speaking terms with her daughter due to the relationship. Linda went as far
      saying that, "Charlie is the best sex she's ever had," according to an
      article on the Enquirer. Eeew! Hogan must be thrilled. The 19 year old
      drives the Hogan family Cadillac Escalade which was 'given' to Linda when
      both she and the Hulkster appeared in court to sort out cars, houses and
      money. You can check out the pictures at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Linda_Bollea_boyfriend.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6619]