    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2008

      Full Coverage: Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo Slice
      http://www.MMAOnline.com

      Sunday August 31st 2008 Issue #2819

      What's up folks. Yay long weekends rule, don't they? Man tomorrow's gonna
      suck...dentist time. I don't like dentists. Pretty bad experience when I was
      a kid and it stuck, although it got better by time but still. Hopefully my
      trusty iPod Touch will keep me company while waiting in the queue. So it's
      not going to be a good today tomorrow.

      And to our readers in the New Orleans area...haul ass and get the f out! :)
      I can't believe that place is in for round two with mother nature in three
      years.

      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > WALTER 'KILLER' KOWALSKI PASSES AWAY
      - WWE Hall of Famer Walter 'Killer' Kowalski passed away yesterday morning
      at around 2:15 after suffering a heart attack earlier this month. He was
      removed from life support ten days ago and while he wasn't dead, the family
      had little hope that Kowalski would come out the winner of this fight.
      "There's not much you can say. It's more or less waiting," his brother said
      at the time. Kowalski was 81 years old and has been living at a nursing home
      due to knee problems that couldn't support his own weight anymore and no
      doctor wanted to operate on the wrestling legend due to his age. After he
      suffered the heart attack, he was moved to a local hospital. Funeral
      services will be held on Wednesday, September 3rd at the Weir Funeral Home
      located at 144 Salem Street, Malden, MA 02148. Kowalski got married for the
      first time in June of 2006 at 79 years old to Theresa, who was by his bed
      side when the Hall of Famer passed away. His wrestling resume is quite an
      impressive one winning numerous titles throughout the years including the
      WWWF tag team titles twice with fellow Hall of Famers Gorilla Monsoon and
      Big John Studd. He trained several wrestlers with Triple H most probably
      being the most recognized and most successful to emerge from under his wing.
      We send our sincere condolences to his wife Theresa and his family and
      friends.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6786]

      > TNA, WWE WEBSITES PAY TRIBUTE TO KILLER KOWALSKI
      - Both WWE.COM and TNAWrestling.com have dedicated space to honor wrestling
      legend Walter 'Killer' Kowalski after he passed away at age 81 yesterday
      early morning. TNA actually had their tribute way before WWE.COM got updated
      with their own version of paying tribute to the Hall of Famer. "I am very
      saddened by Walter's passing," Jeff Jarrett told TNAwrestling.com. "He was
      not only a trailblazer for an entire generation of wrestlers, but he also
      passed on his knowledge and experience after stepping away from the ring.
      That's something you don't always see from the veterans of this sport. He
      will be missed by everyone in our business." The TNA website also mentioned
      some of the stars that Kowalski trained including TNA's own Frankie Kazarian
      and Roxxi Laveaux along with Big John Studd, Triple H, Joanie 'Chyna'
      Laurer, Albert/A-Train and others.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6786]

      > RAW, SMACKDOWN! TAPED TONIGHT
      - Both Monday Night RAW and Friday Night Smackdown! are being taped tonight
      in St. Louis, MO., at the Scottrade Center as all the crew will get a rare
      (almost) week off with live events resuming on Friday night. With Labor Day
      coming up tomorrow the decision was taken early to have both tapings done in
      the same building so fans will get two shows for the price of one. RAW
      returns on USA Network tomorrow in its usual timeslot after a week on Sci Fi
      due to the US Open tennis. ECW taped two shows, one on Monday before RAW -
      which aired the next day - and one on Tuesday prior to Smackdown!, with the
      second show airing this coming week.

      > STRATUS POSES FOR TORO MAG
      - Former WWE Diva and seven time Women's champion Trish Stratus has a
      pictorial in the latest edition of Canadian Toro Magazine. Stratus is all
      over the Canadian media at the moment promoting her newest television show
      titled Stratusphere, which will make its debut on Monday at 9PM EST on the
      Travel + Escape Network. In the photo shoot, Trish looks quite different
      than what we're normally used to see as she posed in a pin-up type make up
      and costume. In any case, the Canadian blond bombshell looks as sexy as ever
      and you can check out her pictorial at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Trish_Toro_Mag.shtml

      > LESNAR VS COUTURE RUMORED FOR UFC 91
      - Several MMA websites are reporting that a fight between the former WWE
      Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and former UFC Heavyweight champion Randy
      Couture is in the works and the blockbuster announcement could be made next
      week which would put the fight on the calendar for UFC 91 in November.
      Lesnar won his first UFC fight earlier this month beating out Heath Herring
      via a unanimous decision and lost his first fight against Frank Mir in the
      first 90 seconds earlier this year. Couture has been out of the octagon for
      over a year now and his relationship with the UFC went down the gutter after
      the two sides engaged in a legal battle over contract issues nine months
      ago. Lesnar was supposed to face Cheick Kongo at UFC 91 but a fight against
      Couture is worthy of a main event and could bring big business to the UFC.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6787]