    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2008

      Sunday August 10th 2008 Issue #2803

      I was glad to see that Brock Lesnar won his UFC fight yesterday. I didn't
      see it live but after I woke up I saw the match without first going online
      not to see any spoilers! He totally owned his opponent. However there was
      something missing: the ability to finish him off. Mind you, the F5 won't
      work in the octagon but Lesnar rarely took chances to finish his opponent.
      True, it was his second UFC fight which he needed to win badly so probably
      he was careful more than anything else. But I think three rounds were a bit
      too much for him, he seemed to run out of gas quickly which is one of the
      cons for carrying such a big frame. But it's in the history books and we
      look forward to his next fight.

      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > TNA HARD JUSTICE ON PPV TONIGHT
      - Live tonight from the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, NJ., TNA Wrestling
      presents Hard Justice on pay-per-view. The card is as follows: Samoa Joe vs
      Booker T for the TNA World Heavyweight title in a Six Sides of Steel Weapons
      match; Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles in a Last Man Standing match; Beer Money vs
      LAX for the TNA World Tag Team titles; Christian Cage & Rhino vs Team 3D in
      a New Jersey Street Fight; Consequences Creed vs Petey Williams in for the X
      Division title; Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt in a Black Tie Brawl N' Chain
      match; The Beautiful People & Awesome Kong vs Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB
      plus live performances by Grandmaster Caz, Ice-T and Filthee!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6740]

      > LESNAR DEFEATS HEATH HERRING AT UFC 87
      - Brock Lesnar lives to fight another day as the former WWE Heavyweight
      champion took total control of his UFC fight against Heath Herring yesterday
      in his hometown of Minneapolis, MN., within the first five seconds. Lesnar's
      first punch floored Herring to a huge ovation from the crowd and after that
      Herring got almost no offense at all with Lesnar completely over him using
      his amateur wrestling skills. The fight went to all the three rounds and
      Lesnar won with 30-26 from all judges. In the final few seconds, Lesnar
      celebrated before the end of the fight and laughed while pointing the finger
      at his opponent. After the match they showed his wife Rena Mero clapping and
      saying "I love you", while the commentator announced her as "his wife Sable
      from the WWE." Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura was also shown and
      received a big ovation from the crowd.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6585]

      > KILLER KOWALSKI DOING BETTER AFTER HEART ATTACK
      - WWE Hall of Famer Killer Kowalski was in pretty bad shape in the last few
      days after suffering from a heart attack at the Everett Nursing and
      Rehabilitation Centre in Everett, MA., where he lives. The 81 year old had a
      turn for the better yesterday evening although he remains in intensive care
      at a local hospital being assisted by medical equipment. Kowalski has been
      living at the nursing home because his legs cannot support his body and no
      doctors seem willing to operate because of his age. Fans wishing to send in
      letters to the wrestling legend can do so by posting them to Walter Kowalski
      at the Everett Nursing Home, 289 Elm St., Everett, MA., 02149. Our good
      friend and former W-O Newsletter writer Jason Clevett visited Kowalski last
      week at the nursing home and wrote about his experience with the Kowalskis
      at http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/08/09/6400306.html
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6741]

      > MEET HULK HOGAN'S NEW GIRLFRIEND
      - While cougar Linda Bollea dates a 19 year old Nick look-a-like, Hulk Hogan
      is dating a slightly older Brooke look-a-like named Jennifer McDaniel. His
      busty girlfriend has been photographed next to his daughter Brooke on
      several occasions and the resemblance is quite striking. We received over a
      dozen photos of Hogan and McDaniel together which you can see at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Hulk_new_girlfriend.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6619]