    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 2:04 PM

      Friday May 30th 2008 Issue #2749

      I got the WrestleMania 24 DVD today and I must say I was impressed with the
      picture and sound quality. WWE did a great job with this one, especially the
      5.1 Dolby surround track. And it looked even better when upscaled to 1080i
      on my HD DVD player. I'm sure the original Blu Ray disc has a much better
      crystal clear quality but this is as good as it gets upscaled.

      I was however disappointed that they edited the Hall of Fame ceremony. Some
      parts from The Rock's speech were removed for some unknown reason while the
      Flair speech was also edited. The back artwork says it has the "complete"
      ceremony. Well, it wasn't complete. And the other thing that bugged me was
      that the Hall of Fame is split on two discs, most on the second disc and the
      rest on the third disc. That was rather annoying.

      Apart from those three stuff, everything was good and it's a DVD worth
      having.

      Order the WrestleMania triple disc DVD now!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > BENOIT'S PERSONAL PHYSICIAN INDICTED ON 175 COUNTS
      - Chris Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, has been indicted
      yesterday by a federal grand jury on a whooping 175 different counts all
      related to illegally prescribing drugs to numerous patients, including Chris
      Benoit. Dr. Astin allegedly provided multiple prescriptions during the same
      day, wrote inappropriate combinations of drugs and giving methadone to
      patients in advanced for months and years. "Since the initial indictment in
      this case, investigators have carefully reviewed hundreds of patient files
      and interviewed dozens of witnesses, and we now see a much broader picture
      of the disturbing and dangerous distribution of prescription drugs," said
      U.S. District Attorney David Nahmias.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5063]

      > DIVORCE BETWEEN DWAYNE JOHNSON AND WIFE FINALIZED
      - TMZ.COM has reported that the divorce between Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
      and his ex-wife Dany has been finalized. The two have a seven year old
      daughter together and custody of the kid will be shared. Both of them must
      pay a sum of $5,000 per month into a trust fund which will be used for their
      daughter's education and other expenses that will arise in the future. While
      the two waived their right to alimony, Johnson will be paying $22,454 per
      month in child support. The two got married on May 3rd 1997.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4726]

      > BROOKE HOGAN KNOWS BEST STARTS IN JULY ON VH1
      - Get your remote controls ready as VH1 will be starting the 'Brooke Hogan
      Knows Best' reality series on July 13th. Each episode will be 30 minutes in
      total and will follow Brooke and her friends adjusting back to Miami. The
      series was taped earlier this year and will feature sporadic appearances by
      her dad, mom and brother, who is now in jail. Brooke took over the series
      after divorce issues prevented the Hogan family to tape another season of
      'Hogan Knows Best'.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5998]

      > STACY KEIBLER FEATURED IN OK! MAGAZINE
      - Stacy Keibler recently did some promotion of OK! Magazine on a nice sunny
      day on the beach. The former WWE Diva was featured in a copy of the magazine
      two weeks ago and also participated in an interview for the magazine's
      website. You can read the interview at
      http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/6710/OK!-Interview:-Stacy-Keibler while
      you can watch the pictures from her promotion work at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Keibler_OK_mag.shtml