    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      Kill some time, play games online for free! - www.playflashonline.com

      Monday May 12th 2008 Issue #2736

      Nothing to say today....back tomorrow.

      Order the new Hardy Boyz double disc DVD now!
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.

      - Here are the results from yesterday's TNA Sacrifice pay-per-view from
      Orlando, FL.: In the first round of the TNA tag team title tournament, Team
      3D defeated James Storm & Sting; Rhino & Christian Cage defeated Robert
      Roode & Booker T; LAX defeated Matt Morgan & Kip James; Super Eric & AJ
      Styles defeated B.G. James & Awesome Kong; In the second round, Team 3D
      defeated Christian Cage & Rhino; LAX defeated Styles & Super Eric; And in
      the finals LAX defeated Team 3D to win the TNA tag team titles; Kaz won the
      Terror Dome X Division match and is now the number one contender for the
      X-Divsion title; Gail Kim won the women's makeover battle royal and Roxxi
      Laveaux getting her head shaved; Samoa Joe defeated Kaz and Scott Steiner to
      retain the TNA Heavyweight title.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6568]

      - Kurt Angle was taken off yesterday's TNA pay-per-view as he is suffering
      from neck problems. Angle was supposed to face Steiner and Samoa Joe in the
      main event but was later replaced by Kaz. The news of Angle's injury kicked
      off the show saying he ad three cracked vertebrae and two herniated discs
      and he won't be able to perform later in the night. Angle suffered his
      injury last week while wrestling in Japan against Osamu Nishimura and Yeok
      Bal San in a triple threat match after landing badly on his neck. The
      Olympic gold medalist skipped the TNA live events which he was scheduled to
      participate in hoping that extra rest would at least give him enough
      strength to follow through with his PPV match.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6571]

      - Former World Heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio happened to be in China
      yesterday when the 7.8 earthquake shocked more than half the country's
      provinces and municipalities leaving over 8,000 people dead and thousands
      others unaccounted for. Mysterio is in the country doing a WWE media tour,
      as the company is hoping to tap into China's massive community. WWE.COM
      reports that Mysterio was participating in an event at a local TV station in
      Xian when the earthquake hit. The building was evacuated and Mysterio was
      taken back to his hotel room and moved to the first floor for safety
      reasons. Despite the devastation the earthquake left behind, Mysterio will
      be continuing his media tour. He will be flying to Shenzhen tomorrow for a
      press conference and media event. After that he will go to Guangzhou on
      Thursday and Friday visiting a rehabilitation center for disabled children.
      So far Mysterio visited Shangai, appearing at a special education school.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6570]

      - With Judgment Day this coming Sunday, John Cena will be back live on RAW
      to continue his feud with John 'Bradshaw' Layfield after being off the show
      for two straight weeks. Cena is spending most of his time in New Orleans at
      the moment filming his new movie for WWE Films titled '12 Rounds'. It will
      be released in theaters in 2009. No matches have been announced for tonight
      as of this writing.

      - The Great American Bash WWE pay-per-view, set to air live on July 20th,
      sold out on Saturday morning in less than sixty minutes through
      Ticketmaster.com. The event will be held at the Nassau Veterans Memorial
      Coliseum in Long Island, NY. This PPV will be the first one in Long Island
      in six years. WWE will be releasing additional seats as the event gets
      closer so make sure you check Ticketmaster.com for more information if
      you're interested in attending.

      By Jen Robinson -[jenwrestlingonline@...]-

      Hello, Wrestling-Online fans, and Welcome to the Jumble! I hope all of you
      who are mothers, grandmothers, etc. had a wonderful Mother's Day!

      I like William Regal but this whole turning the lights off whenever he feels
      like the audience or the superstars aren't respecting him is getting just a
      little ridiculous. I'm all for him playing a heel character because he does
      it so well, but cable television isn't cheap and I really don't like seeing
      my money wasted on a black screen. Sure it's a great "heel" tactic but it's
      something that will get very old very quickly.

      One errant boot and Melina now has a big target on her back. I can't wait to
      see a series of matches between her and Beth Phoenix because it just seems
      like it's been a while since Melina got into a really good feud with anyone.

      How great was it to see Trish Stratus backstage! I'm sure she was just
      visiting friends while WWE was in Ontario, but we can still hope that one
      day she'll return on a more permanent basis. Can't you imagine a feud with
      Trish and Beth? Or maybe even Trish and Nattie, trying to prove which
      Canadian is the best women's wrestler. Hey, stranger things have happened!

      I'm probably in the minority here but I actually like Mike Adamle as an
      announcer. I think it's going to take him some time to really get used to
      calling wrestling matches when he's more used to calling things like
      "American Gladiators" but he'll manage. After all, look at how many people
      hated Jonathan Coachman and Michael Cole when they first started announcing?
      They're both good play-by-play guys now, so there's hope for Adamle.

      Speaking of The Coach, I want to send my congratulations to him on his new
      position with ESPN! He's going to be missed on WWE TV but how awesome is
      this opportunity for him!

      Loved the tag team match pitting Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels against
      John Morrison and The Miz! And besides that, I'm still loving the feud
      between Y2J and HBK! Is Shawn faking the knee injury to gain sympathy and
      lull his opponents into thinking he'll be a pushover, as Chris seems to
      think? Or is Shawn really hurt but able to work through the pain and deliver
      his "Sweet Chin Music" to numerous challengers?

      Everyone knows that I am no fan of John Bradshaw Layfield, but after what he
      said to D.H. Smith last Monday I'm more inclined than ever to hate his guts.
      What did he say that made me so angry? "Your daddy can't help you." Normally
      I wouldn't have had a problem with JBL telling D.H. that his father couldn't
      help him, just like I didn't have a problem with him saying Bret Hart (who
      is D.H.'s uncle) couldn't help him. Bret obviously couldn't help D.H.
      because he isn't able to physically compete anymore. Davey Boy is another
      story. It wasn't that he's unable to help his son due to physical
      limitations. No, Davey can't help his son because he died in 2002, and I
      just felt it was completely wrong for JBL to say something like that when he
      knew good and darn well that D.H.'s father is dead. Now I won't place the
      blame strictly on JBL because there's the possibility that the writers told
      him to say what he did, and perhaps they even okayed it with D.H. ahead of
      time. But, honestly, I think JBL was probably just given an outline of what
      he should say and was allowed to ad lib as he saw fit, and we all know that
      the WWE doesn't seem to care what comes out of JBL's mouth as long as it's

      The main event of Triple H and Mr. Kennedy against the entire ECW roster was
      an interesting concept, but was it exactly practical? Only a handful of the
      ECW stars were even able to participate, although I guess the ones that
      didn't were okay with that since it still meant TV time and a paycheck. I
      would've really liked to have seen more of the wrestlers actually in the
      ring, though.

      I enjoyed ECW's 100th episode but where were the clips from ECW before it
      was bought out by the WWE? There was only one, maybe two, clips that I
      thought were from the original ECW broadcasts, not the WWE/ECW shows.

      Speaking of "original" ECW broadcasts, how many of you out there were just
      waiting for Joey Styles to step out of his WWE.com duties long enough to
      yell "Catfight!!!" when Kelly and Layla started rolling around in the ring?

      Congratulations to Colin Delaney for finally winning the ECW contract he's
      been working so hard for! Of course we all know he's already under contract
      with WWE or he wouldn't be appearing on their shows every week, but it was
      still awesome to see his excitement when he pinned Armando Estrada and
      realized he had finally achieved his "dream!"

      Did you all see the way CM Punk reacted to Miz and Morrison holding up their
      tag team title belts following Punk and Kane's match against Chavo Guerrero
      and Bam Neely? He looked over at Kane and then held up his "Money in the
      Bank" briefcase. Could Punk be thinking about cashing in his "MITB" contract
      for a chance at Miz and Morrison's tag belts instead of trying for one of
      the Heavyweight titles? Things that make you go hmmm!

      My apologies for not having anything to say about last Friday's "SmackDown"
      but I missed the entire show due to a last minute invitation to attend a
      free concert by the Florida Orchestra. Since tickets to the Orchestra are
      definitely not cheap, I'm not about to pass up a chance to see them for

      I've been debating with myself whether or not I should say anything about
      the sentence recently handed down to Nick Bollea for the car crash back in
      August that injured his friend John Graziano. If you've read my previous
      columns, particularly those around the time the accident first occurred,
      then you can probably guess my reaction to what he received.

      If you plan on watching "Judgment Day" I hope you enjoy it! I'll be enjoying
      myself on Sunday for a different reason - it's my 30th birthday! I've got a
      little virtual birthday party posted on my MySpace page
      (www.myspace.com/jenwrestlingonline), so stop by and help me celebrate!

      Take care, everyone, and I'll see ya in The Jumble!