    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Kill some time, play games online for free! - www.playflashonline.com

      Thursday May 1st 2008 Issue #2727

      Ah it's good to have Thursday off, especially when it's a holiday and
      doesn't come out from your annual leave! :)

      I never thought there would be so many people - and I mean A LOT of people -
      who would be interested in watching Hogan touching his daughter's ass. Those
      pictures had the most access for a day this year on Wrestling-Online.com .
      It surpassed the post-RAW Ric Flair celebration footage. As the Metallica
      song goes....sad but true! LOL.

      Order the new Hardy Boyz double disc DVD now!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > SANTINO MARELLA ARRESTED FOR DUI
      - Santino's television push might come to an abrupt halt as the former
      Intercontinental champion was arrested in Tampa, FL., for driving under the
      influence. Marella, real name Anthony Carelli, was pulled over by police
      officers at three in the morning and failed two sobriety tests on the spot.
      He was then taken to jail where he was being held on a $500 bond and was
      released earlier today just before noon. It should be interesting to see if
      there will be any consequences suffered from this incident. You can see the
      mug shot at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Santino_arrested.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6547]

      > ADAMLE, TAZZ WALK OUT OF ECW BROADCAST
      - During the ECW on Sci Fi show on Tuesday, Mike Adamle walked off the
      broadcast just before the main event and was followed by The Tazz as well.
      While doing commentary, Adamle just took his headset off, told The Tazz
      something and cameras showed him walking away through the crowd. The Tazz
      then hyped Judgment Day and followed the green-as-grass ECW announcer,
      walking out and leaving the main event without any announcing. The two did
      not go backstage afterwards and WWE.COM is continuing to hype the storyline
      saying that both Adamle and The Tazz did not return any calls. Next week
      it's the 100th edition of ECW on Sci Fi so maybe we'll get an answer by
      then.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6546]

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Monday Night RAW did a 3.3 rating this week, which is up from last week's
      three hour King of the Ring special which did a 3.0. It had hours of 3.13
      and 3.46 with the overrun getting the highest quarter of the whole show.
      Meanwhile, Friday Night Smackdown! did a 2.4 for last week which is also up
      0.2 from the previous week. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and
      put online by PWInsider.com)

      > HARDY BOYZ DVD RELEASED
      - The Hardy Boyz DVD was released on Tuesday nationwide and believe it or
      not it's the first ever DVD dedicated to the former team extreme. It is a
      two disc set, with each DVD focusing on each Hardy and a carries a total of
      360 minutes of running time. The DVD has two documentaries, one featuring
      Matt and the other one Jeff doing the usual sit-down interviews. There are
      four Matt Hardy matches and five Jeff matches and three matches as a tag
      team. You can purchase this DVD for $17.99 from our Store at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/

      > RON SIMMONS TO BE INDUCTED IN FOOTBALL BOWL HOF
      - Ron Simmons has made it to the 2008 Football Bowl Subdivision Hall of Fame
      and will be inducted on December 9th of this year at the National Football
      Foundation's Annual Awards Dinner to be held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New
      York, NY. The former World Heavyweight champion was selected from the
      national ballot of seventy five players and eight coaches and a pool of
      hundreds of nominees. "When I was first notified about it, I couldn't
      believe it was true," Simmons said, "because normally, when honors like
      these are bestowed upon you, it's usually late in your life or sometimes
      even after your dead. At this point of my life, I am able to enjoy it. It's
      a great honor. Out of the millions of young men that have played college
      football, to be chosen among such a select few, it's unbelievable and a very
      good honor. The fact that they considered me worthy just to be in the
      College Hall of Fame is a dream come true." Congratulations to Ron Simmons
      and we have one word for him...DAMN!

      > MORE PHOTOS FROM THE HULK, BROOKE ASS RUB DAY AT THE POOL
      - Even more pictures of creepy daddy Hulk Hogan rubbing his daughter's ass
      with oil have been made public including one which catches Brooke getting
      out of the pool with a 'crack' clearly visible from behind. The Hulkster was
      the butt - no pun inteded - of jokes among several Hollywood bloggers these
      past two days for his actions. You can see the new photos at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Brooke_Hogan_rub2.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6545]

      //->> WRESTLING WITH THE TRUTH
      Sean Sibbitt -[seansibbitt@...]-

      Whoever wrote the William Regal "pulling the plug on Raw angle" is a
      genius..Let the hate mail ensue.

      That being said, I was taken aback at the close of Raw. My first reaction
      was "what..the..hell". I said those exact words to my wife. I even
      questioned the decision, proclaiming that is no way to end a show. How can
      that get me to want to watch next week? Then, the more I thought about it,
      the more it made sense. Simply put, it served a perfect purpose; furthering
      the tyranny that is GM "King" William Regal. It also got quite a few people
      talking, most of them irate, from what I've read on some message boards. It
      surely brought a ridiculous amount of hits to wwe.com. I am with the
      minority, it seems, in thinking this is a fresh (albeit somewhat rehashed)
      way to get our attention, and, get us talking. The method was used by WCW in
      the 90's whilst they were kicking WWF's proverbial ass every week. It also
      happened quite frequently in during the 80's NWA. Not in the same way, nor
      for the same purpose, but, it still happened. Back then, it was more a "tune
      in next week to see what happened" deal. I, as a young teen at the time,
      always felt it was the network not giving enough time for the show, or, the
      matches running too long. No matter how you slice it, what was done on Raw
      last Monday was excellent, in my book.

      Overall, I enjoyed Raw, but, then again, I usually do. I watch wrestling to
      be entertained, not to critique every move, every decision. I guess you
      could say I view it more through the eyes of a child. A possibly over
      educated, too smart child, but, a child, no less. I don't care about
      ratings, or how silly the story is, for the most part. I just want to be
      entertained, and, I feel entertained after watching on Monday.

      So, just what is the deal on WWECW? Did Mike Adamle really walk off the job?
      Did Taz(z) follow? If Taz did follow, was it to try to talk some sense into
      Adamle, or, was he pissed too? OR, was it all a work? Well, unless they
      don't come back, I'm voting for it being a work. If we don't see Adamle on
      WWE programming again, I'll say it was definitely not worked. My vote goes
      to a work. For all intensive purposes, it was the same as the ending to Raw;
      get me wanting to watch next week, to see what happened, and, garner more
      hits to wwe.com. I'm sure we'll know for sure soon enough.

      I firmly believe these actions, although they will alienate many fans in the
      short term, will strengthen the product in the long term. If, and ONLY if,
      they are a once run deal. If Regal screws with Raw main events week after
      week, or, with anything on Raw for that matter, it will get very stale, very
      quickly. If Adamle is back on ECW next Tuesday with no explanation for his
      actions, it will not only be insulting, but, make last night pointless.

      Bottom line is, I for one, am interested to see where all this goes, and,
      that, ladies and gentlemen, is the purpose of these actions, to get us
      interested. Can any of you honestly tell me that you aren't ever going to
      watch WWE programming again because of this? I would say the answer would be
      no, you cannot. If any of you really do stop watching altogether because of
      this, then you are not true fans of the business.

      And THAT people, is The Truth!